• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The war with the Danes seems to be going very well for you, minus some key losses like von Howen. It shall be interesting to see what the Baltic Sea looks like controlled by the Teutons rather than the Swedes or Russians.

Looking forward for more!
The war is going brilliantly so far actually, both their armies are pinned down, as the next update will tell you.

Surely the Danes are unable to think of a title long enough to stop your progression in their lands! You've got nothing to fear.
Spot on! 'King Frederik I' has nothing on (deep breath) 'His Most Catholic Lord Hochmeister Albrecht I of Reval, General over the Order of the Teutonic Knights of St. Mary's Hospital in Jerusalem and the Archbishopric of Riga'!:D

A better hochqualität than some other random Teutonic AAR I once remember having read... there were some silly hoch's there too. :rofl:
This Hoch is not silly, it is extremely sensible! It is bringing The Order to chaos!

I'm surprised no-one picked up on the reasons for the previous Hochmeister's demise - Schweinegrippe and Nasebrechen? Swine flu and a broken nose?:p

~Part 5~
In which the Order strikes back
The war continued with much violence. As 3000 men desperately attempted to lift the siege of Riga, Bohemia called for aid in their war with Hungary. The Order accpeted; knowing that Hungary could not harm them and that they could not afford to lose such a valuable ally. In retaliation the Magyars cancelled the trade agreement.
1410danishwar.jpg

The arrival of the Insular Defence Forces in Riga forced the rebels out, and they now fled to Livland; hotly pursued by the Teutonic Knights. On arrival they were defeated and the peasants were annihilated. The Danes were then cornered in Estland by the 3rd and 1st Armies and the were forced to retreat to Ingermanland. Meanwhile, another army who had been forced to make the long march from Skåne via Sweden and Novgorod. However, as soon as they crossed into Wenden they were cornered and forced to retreat back to Pskov with light casualties on both sides. They now forded Lake Peipus (commonly known by its Esthonian name: Peipsi järv) and invaded Livland. 5 days previously however General von Roth-Rösthof had arrived and prepared an ambush - the Danes were forced into Pskov once more.
By now King Frederik was becoming quite frustrated - he was even further angered when he learned of the Teutons landing 5000 men in Sjælland. The large fleet in the Öresund prevented any Danes from lifting the siege. King Frederik could see the city burning from the army’s camp in Skåne, and he was not pleased. His second-in-command, General Tobias Pil was constantly launching attacks on Wenden and Dorpat, however his army was always forced out after a matter of days.
Novgorod, impressed by the stoic valiance with which the Order defended their borders now offered an alliance, while Lorraine and the Holy See both offered Trade Agreements. The Danish army was continually forced around the eastern territories, while one Teutonic army was dispatched to evict the rebels besieging Visby.
The Hungarians, now exhausted from fighting the Order’s allies, attempted to ensure that they were not invaded by more foes and offered a White Peace. It was accepted.
hungarianpeacetreaty.jpg

The Order now received a charitable donation of 200 ducats that was put into the treasury; and the reserves were spent on training 3000 new recruits to a high standard.
The Danish army in Pskov was now annihilated on entering Estland, as was their fleet in the Öresund. The Siege of Odense was being fought on the island of Fyn as the Danish armies were forced to look on. The war appeared to have swung around in favour of the Order, as their armies prepared to attack the barely defended Danish mainland. It was now August 1412, 3 years into the brutal and violent war.

Truly, your Hoch(I refuse your heretic ''Hoch'') is the greatest of all Hochs. In fact, your Hoch is hereby awarded with the Hochest Hoch award of 2009.

Truly, your Hoch(I refuse your heretic ''Hoch'') is the greatest of all Hochs. In fact, your Hoch is hereby awarded with the Hochest Hoch award of 2009.
I bet EURO is jealous.:D Adding that to my Inkwell as well.:)

Btw, it is Peipsi järvi in Finnish. :D

The Order strikes back? :rofl:

I'm using Estonian though, not Finnish.;)

Yes, and the title is completely original as a title, is it not?:D

Excellent camapaign, now it's time to go all the way to their capital and burn it :) Then they'll give you what you want.:D

Denmark should be offering peace soon enough... All hail the Hochmeister!
I certainly hope so!:D
Excellent camapaign, now it's time to go all the way to their capital and burn it :) Then they'll give you what you want.:D
I already have it. And their army is trapped in Skåne, wishing they could retake the city.:D

A great campaign in the Baltic and the peace with Hungary just adds success upon success. Denmark must be reeling backwards right now! The Baltic, it seems, will be a Teuton Sea! :D

I already have it. And their army is trapped in Skåne, wishing they could retake the city.:D

Conversation heard in Skåne:

''Dang, they got our capital. That's too bad. Wouldn't it be cool if we could take it back?''

''Yea, but we're Danes, remember?''

''Yea, that really sucks. I wish we could be Swedes or something, then we could take our capital back''

''Wait, a second. What is our capital called again?''

''I dunno''

Can't wait for Johan11 to see this.

Conversation heard in Skåne:

''Dang, they got our capital. That's too bad. Wouldn't it be cool if we could take it back?''

''Yea, but we're Danes, remember?''

''Yea, that really sucks. I wish we could be Swedes or something, then we could take our capital back''

''Wait, a second. What is our capital called again?''

''I dunno''

Can't wait for Johan11 to see this.
I've actually forgotten the name of the city as well.:D Surprisingly, I don't think he's posted here, if he's subscribed at all. I'd better go tell him about this:p.

:eek:o I missed that part. Well then, burn it again! :D
I think I might just do that!:D

You'd lose that bet.
Hah, I bet in ANTI-MONEY! Now even though I lost the bet, you owe me!:D
Or something.

-------

Still no comments on the "Cause of Death" earlier. Did no one find it funny??

Now that's an AAR that's an AAR.

Keep it up...Great Job!

... what the Pommeranians call the 'Third War of Teutonic Aggression', but what is known to the Order as the 'Glorious Vassalisation of Pommerania'
It always depends on which way you look at it. :)
But allying the Order with Muscovites!? What kind of GrandMeister are you?

Now that's an AAR that's an AAR.

Keep it up...Great Job!
Thank you very much! I'm glad that people enjoy reading this.:)
It always depends on which way you look at it. :)
But allying the Order with Muscovites!? What kind of GrandMeister are you?
One who knows that having friends are helpful.;)
A comrade GrandMeister, isn't it obvious? (You really could add it to the overwhelmingly long list of titles. They have to write your name on it to send you a declaration of war)
Da, I am allyink with Russia so that I vill have many friends!
Time to add another title to the Hochmeister's handle...
No, not until we win the war. However, I may need a few pages eventually for his name if we keep this up. How will it look by the end of the game?:p