• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Hans, what are the GREYMEN doing here?? "
"I believe they just declared war on us, Hochmeister Johann!"
"Quickly, muster the garrison. We must defend my Hoch! "
"Sir, I believe Hoch is an adjective."
"Silence! "

This is madness! I hope you collapse and the Polithanians eat you alive! :mad:

Teutonic Order? Niiice. I like playing them myself. I'll be following
Glad to have you along.:)

King Richard rides with...the GREYMEN !!!!!!
To be honest, I prefer to call them the Order. So much cooler.:p

Great AAR.:D
Sincerest apologies - er, thanks.

This is madness! I hope you collapse and the Polithanians eat you alive! :mad:
Don't worry EURO, you still have Granada/Hoch 2.;)

Well done, there can only be one Hochmeister :D Now for Pommerania and Denmark!

Oh, I couldn't attack Denmark, Milites would stop reading.

However, I can insult them so much that they attack me...:p

EDIT: By the way EURO, I re-read your entire AAR so that I could remember what the characters were like. I'd forgotten how good it is.

Oh, I couldn't attack Denmark, Milites would stop reading.

However, I can insult them so much that they attack me...:p

EDIT: By the way EURO, I re-read your entire AAR so that I could remember what the characters were like. I'd forgotten how good it is.
Really? I thought it was quite awful.

This AAR is not dead, I plan on invade Pommerania tomorrow morning. I hope you can all survive 'til then, and remember:

BoardTracker is cool!:cool:

~Part 4~
In which the Vikings invade
In the year 1409 Muscovy declared war on Ryazan. The Order did not join the war - they were busy preparing for the invasion of Pommerania. Later that year the Knights declared war on the Pommeranians and sent a powerful force into Hinterpommen. During the long march the Hochmeister tired - the doctors blamed the Schweinegrippe, though some claimed it was the dreaded Nase brechen. Whatever the circumstances, he was succeeded by the renowned administrator Hochmeister Albrecht I.
It was deemed extremely unfortunate that none of the Order's allies came to their assistance; however the King of Bohemia sent diplomats requesting another alliance - it was accepted. The war with Pommerania expanded to include the Holy Roman Emperor (the monarch of Cleves remained in control) and the King of Denmark, Frederik I. As per their usual tactic, Denmark waited until Hinterpommen had been seized before taking any part in the fighting. By the time they had landed in Øsel the siege of Stettin had almost been won. Poland had invaded Pommerania with their allies in Lithuania, and their aid rapidly ended the siege. Pommerania surrendered to the Teutons and willingly became their vassals. The main army was now free to move north to Estland, and on arrival they ousted the 2,000 men besieging Reval. The Danes attempted to flee to Øsel, where another siege was taking place, but the Order's powerful navy cut them off. They were forced on to a peninsula near Tallinn where they were surrounded by 6,000 Teutonic Knights and massacred.
The fleet that had blockaded the Danish army had been sailing north from dropping an army into Gotland, where the brief assault ended in the capture of Visby. A small fleet of 4 warships attacked the Teutonic navy but were sunk in the week-long conflict that ensued. As the beleaguered city of Arensburg endured assault after assault, the main army of the Order arrived on the island. After a lengthy battle the Danish forces under King Frederik himself were forced off the island, but the Teutonic commander Johann Kaspar von Howen was slain in the vicious fighting. The Danes fled the island and arrived in Estland, and began the Second Siege of Reval. The main Teutonic force was put under the command of General Isidor von Roth-Rösthof. They quickly pursued the Danes onto the mainland.
Meanwhile in Riga, 3,000 patriotic rebels rose up and attempted to take the city. As there was no army of sufficient size to defeat the rebels, they were left to their goal while more troops were raised in the surrounding countryside. As the two nations warred on in the north, the army in Visby was boarding ships bound for Denmark; and conquest.

islandcampaign.jpg

The Island Campaign in what the Pommeranians call the 'Third War of Teutonic Aggression', but what is known to the Order as the 'Glorious Vassalisation of Pommerania'​

Why do teutonic AARs start with some strange war? The other teutonic AAR (There must be order) started with an attack to Granada and this one started with Najd. Why?

Why do teutonic AARs start with some strange war? The other teutonic AAR (There must be order) started with an attack to Granada and this one started with Najd. Why?
It wasn't a strange war, it was a Crusade against the heathens in the Golden Horde.
Najd just happened to be their allies - I never even saw Najd when they accepted my Vassalisation, they just said yes. I'd've been happy with a White PEace.:p

Glorious indeed... :D:rofl:
Well, they are the Teutonic Order, they're here to attract Crusader allies by using impressive names! His Most Catholic Lord Hochmeister Albrecht I of Reval, General over the Order of the Teutonic Knights of St. Mary's Hospital in Jerusalem and the Archbishopric of Riga shuns your finding humour from the name of that conflict!
:D

Well, they are the Teutonic Order, they're here to attract Crusader allies by using impressive names! His Most Catholic Lord Hochmeister Albrecht I of Reval, General over the Order of the Teutonic Knights of St. Mary's Hospital in Jerusalem and the Archbishopric of Riga shuns your finding humour from the name of that conflict!
:D

I hereby award you, with EUROO7's permission, the bolded magenta cross to the most ludicrously long and pompous made-up title of the week, here you are X :rofl:

I hereby award you, with EUROO7's permission, the bolded magenta cross to the most ludicrously long and pompous made-up title of the week, here you are X :rofl:
I will allow it.

I will allow it.

I am flattered, kind sirs, and it has been added to my Inkwell with much joy and happiness and such!:D

Just wait until I defeat Denmark!:p

You must keep expanding your Hoch into Denmark(Stupid bastards)

Well done against Pommerania, let the Teutonic iron fist be felt across all Germany. Btw, I'm sure your almighty vassal of Najd will be the decisive force in the wars you wage.

You must keep expanding your Hoch into Denmark(Stupid bastards)
I spell Hoch with bolded Silver.:cool:

Well done against Pommerania, let the Teutonic iron fist be felt across all Germany. Btw, I'm sure your almighty vassal of Najd will be the decisive force in the wars you wage.
It shall be!:D
But Im not so sure about the second sentence.:p

The war with the Danes seems to be going very well for you, minus some key losses like von Howen. It shall be interesting to see what the Baltic Sea looks like controlled by the Teutons rather than the Swedes or Russians.

Looking forward for more!