• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think there's been any word on further patches or DLC. Sengoku's not very popular, sadly.

Like EU:Rome. Hopefully we will get Rome 2 and it might encourage more focus on the lesser titles like Sengoku.

Like EU:Rome. Hopefully we will get Rome 2 and it might encourage more focus on the lesser titles like Sengoku.

Rome at least got an expansion, continued to be patched ad developers showed interest in making a sequel.
All Sengoku got was PI promoting one of its mods.

To be fair, EU:Rome was probably more in need of patching than Sengoku is. I don't know of anything offhand that needs to be patched in Sengoku aside from "I want another kokujin title" spam. Meanwhile, EU:Rome still needs patching (to remove cascading alliances; as I understand it, it's fixed in the beta patch, but that also has CTD bugs).

I like EU Rome, but it feels like it doesn't work as designed for me. Crazy shit goes on and doesn't seem to make sense, it's no fun playing a tribe etc. But I love the Era and the ideas.

Rome at least got an expansion, continued to be patched ad developers showed interest in making a sequel.
All Sengoku got was PI promoting one of its mods.

There were a few of us on the dev team who wanted to do an expansion but unfortunately there wasn't enough money in it to warrant it.

There were a few of us on the dev team who wanted to do an expansion but unfortunately there wasn't enough money in it to warrant it.

Aw. :( That sounds bad. Hopefulley they will have some money for it some day. Or make a better Sengoku II. :D

Aw. :( That sounds bad. Hopefulley they will have some money for it some day. Or make a better Sengoku II. :D
you're misreading it though.
it's not that they don't have the money to develop it an expansion, but that the likely return from it is estimated to be low enough to not make it a worthwhile investment, which is kind of a shame really.
One thing I loved about Sengoku when I played it some time ago is the beautiful terrain map, and the rotatable camera.

One thing I loved about Sengoku when I played it some time ago is the beautiful terrain map, and the rotatable camera.

So do I :) And some devs really liked the focus goal of the game. Personally I'm rather proud of what I did with the introduction of firearms and the way Ikko-ikkis worked, although some of it could have been benefited from being hard-coded mechanics rather than scripted.

In fact, the difficulty with the certain goal of Sengoku belongs to the top class among the games handling this era. Many Sengoku games guarantee a fun in the first few decades in the game, however after that point where the player 20% of Japan, only boring routine works remains: conquer smaller clans than his one until the total occupation of Japan. It is just a power game.

Sengoku by Paradox offers different game play. The most interesting phase in this game is the middle and late game when the player occupies 20-30% of Japan. At this point, the player will meet enemies having almost same size toward him, and if he doesn't use plot and ignore the opinion of his retainers, he will lose the game.

So please don't simply compare Sengoku with CK2, Rome or other Paradox's products. If you don't look at other games about this era (NAs, STWs etc.), maybe you can't truly evaluate positive and negative points of this game.

And back to the question of OP: Yes, my mod is still developing. :) Although I don't have enough time by now (there are some secret and opened projects), I am interested in adding events, scenarios and characters.

In fact, the difficulty with the certain goal of Sengoku belongs to the top class among the games handling this era. Many Sengoku games guarantee a fun in the first few decades in the game, however after that point where the player 20% of Japan, only boring routine works remains: conquer smaller clans than his one until the total occupation of Japan. It is just a power game.

Sengoku by Paradox offers different game play. The most interesting phase in this game is the middle and late game when the player occupies 20-30% of Japan. At this point, the player will meet enemies having almost same size toward him, and if he doesn't use plot and ignore the opinion of his retainers, he will lose the game.

Yeah, that's one of the main things that always attracts me back to Sengoku, that it actually gives a decent challenge. When you start a new campaign you can never be entirely sure that you're going to win if things just don't go your way. Of all games, Sengoku probably represents the instability of the era the best. In one of my favourite campaings so far Kuki clan, who start the game with one Koku and as vassals of Isshiki, ended up taking over pretty much all of Western Japan while I took over the East. And by the end game they were actually in stronger position than me and I started to get bit nervous that I wouldn't be able to take them out. But then, thanks to some clever assasinations and honour lowering missions, I managed to provoke a civil war within them, and snatched victory in the end.