• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MisterB

Corporal
98 Badges
Dec 23, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Empire of Sin
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
For Carlos, God and Glory

forcarlosgodandglory.png

To rule as a king you need three things:
-God on your side
-Glory and Power
-A Kingdom to rule
I have all but one of those things. I lack a Kingdom to rule
The liberalists have occupied my kingdom and put a pretender queen on my throne! I was chosen by God to rule Spain, and by law I would, but things like that do not concerned the Liberalists for all they want is to destroy Spain!
The liberalists think that they can rule Spain, Spain is ruled by tradition, strength and God, none of which the liberal scourge have! One cannot rule Spain with reform or a queen, I don’t know what the liberalists think Spain is, but it is not some country where you can let the peasants loose, the uneducated rule, or think that people without the rights from birth control the economy! Pah! Absurd!

I Carlos V am King of Spain, that is my right of birth and Gods will!
-
My king, Carlos V, the king of Spain.

The situation in Spain was grim; we were only in control of parts Navarra. Our contact with the Catalonian Section has been broken, and Bilbao is currently in Liberal hands, we estimate that there are about 14000 troops there. I Hope that the situation in Catalonia is much brighter.
Our first priority will be to reestablish contact with the Catalonian Section, about 6000 of our soldiers is on the way to Zaragoza and Huesca, this will secure our contact! At the same time the rest of the army will get in position to retake Bilbao. This will secure our position in Navarra which means we will be able to look to Madrid! God is with us! We shall not falter!

From General A. Cabrera, leader of the Navarra front
screensave0.png

The battle plan included in the letter.
-
Contact with the Catalonian front was established on January 26 in Zaragoza, 15000 Catalonian troops. No contact in Huesca. On the January 28 our 5000 troops positioned in Pamplona was engaged by 20000 Liberalists, 5000 troops sent to reinforce Pamplona.
- Field report
-

The situation in Catalonia looks grim; the sea strip Barcelona to tortes is under Liberal control. 11000 liberal troops have been spotted Lerida. We are reinforcing the front by restoring communication with the Navarra sector by sending 15000 troops to Zaragoza, and retaking Valencia with 3500 cavalry troops. After we have reinforced and created a stable front we will deal with the 15000 liberalists behind our lines and we will retake Barcelona. When Barcelona falls its only a matter of time before Madrid will
We will win, for that is the will of God.

From General B. Gomez, leader of the Catalonian front.
-
The Battle for Pamplona is a victory, when reinforcement arrived we were able to route the enemy. We now on our way to Bilbao, meet a minor resistance from 3000 Liberalists scum.
- Field report
screensave31.png

-
Zaragoza secured, reinforcing the army with 2000 soldiers. Moving to join the battle for Bilbao.
- Field report

-

The battle for Bilbao will be a bloody one; we are outnumbered 2 to one. If we lose this battle it will all be over, it will either make us or break us. I fear the worst, but I know if our soldiers fight with Spanish bravery we will win the day. With God on our side we will strike fear into the enemy! This might be the last letter you receive from me, but know this I will fight for your glory as that is what God wills of me.

From General A. Cabrera, leader of the Navarra front

This is a new AAR, I hope it will be good. I am obviously playing Carlist Spain, it will not by historical. The characters portrayed may or may not be real but no matter if they are real or not they will not be portrayed in a historical correct way. Not sure if I will stick to the letters style of writing, but I will try unless it gets too boring.