• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aspiretothestars

Sergeant
Jul 1, 2021
It's not letting me do anything in the system of one of the probes? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Do I have to get all of them first. I mentions that something or something moved it. but when I put the track it's in the system with the science vessel. I can't do anything though (right click for project doesn't do anything).

You may need to leave the system and re-enter the system to trigger the event.

I don't like that event chain.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Going back and forth doesn't seem to work...

That might be a bug then.

If you have an early save (project appeared but you haven't left system yet) try uploading it to the Bug Reports forum.

Reactions:
I had the cultist chain, also bugged to hell. The cultist battleship you get, once it gets destroyed in battle it doesn't disappear, it's still under your ownership and in he fleet list, but it's inert, can't do anything with it, just stands there bugged.

I really can't believe how many bugs get ignored for years upon years. Baffling.

Reactions:
I really can't believe how many bugs get ignored for years upon years. Baffling.
Ok, so you make the choice. Fix these event chains OR fix the Catalytic Processing 0 food economy exploit. You can only do 1.

Most of the time it's not about ignoring bugs, but about choosing which bugs are of higher priority.
Is it a bug?
If you could supply a save file then people could verify, it's a bit hard to tell with the info provided.

Reactions:
Is that a fact now. Sure.
Have you never been posed a question like this before? You know, those questions about train tracks and a switch, train incoming, 5 elderly people tied to 1 and a baby tied to another? No one is actually suggesting this is reality, it's just an exaggerated situation to trigger your brain into thinking a bit deeper.

Thanks for playing though!

Reactions:
Have you never been posed a question like this before? You know, those questions about train tracks and a switch, train incoming, 5 elderly people tied to 1 and a baby tied to another? No one is actually suggesting this is reality, it's just an exaggerated situation to trigger your brain into thinking a bit deeper.

Thanks for playing though!
Wow you opened up my brain, person on the forum since Feb 2020. I can think so much more clearly now. And you're most welcome, I like playing your game.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Wow you opened up my brain, person on the forum since Feb 2020. I can think so much more clearly now. And you're most welcome, I like playing your game.
Hey whippersnapper!
Can you not figure out he was merely trying to show you there are limited resources to spend on the game.

Young 'uns today :rolleyes:

;):p

Reactions:
Ok, so you make the choice. Fix these event chains OR fix the Catalytic Processing 0 food economy exploit. You can only do 1.

Not sure it's accurate to say that the same person who would fix a scripted event problem as would also be needed to fix a non-script resource design issue.

I hate it, it is just an annoyance

For me those event chains were vaguely interesting when I started this game in 1.x but got old very quickly.

They never vary -- you always get the same few things -- and those things just aren't impactful, except that one Void Cloud (from the sublight probes) which blocks off a system for a while. If that system was a chokepoint, your expansion might be delayed.

In this case, events like the ion trail and the shipyard making a new system, created near your core world, would make a lot more sense than having them bug out (or appear on the other side of the galaxy for the shipyard). But that mechanic wasn't in the game when the event was first written, so just removing the events entirely might be the best thing to do if resources can't be allocated to modernize them.

Reactions:
Not sure it's accurate to say that the same person who would fix a scripted event problem as would also be needed to fix a non-script resource design issue.
That's not the point I was making. Fair though.

There is a way around this bug. Send the science ship that triggered the Ion Trail out of the system and send a different ship into it. When I did this the second ship triggered the Ion trail into working. Not the most exciting event though.

Reactions:
This makes the erroneous assumption that all bugs are equally difficult to fix.

Reactions:
It's not letting me do anything in the system of one of the probes? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Do I have to get all of them first. I mentions that something or something moved it. but when I put the track it's in the system with the science vessel. I can't do anything though (right click for project doesn't do anything).

You may need to leave the system and re-enter the system to trigger the event.

I don't like that event chain.

I hate it, it is just an annoyance

If it is the chain of events to recover space probes, it is already fixed in my correction Mod:
https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/53942/Any

If you are already present in that system, you no longer have to go out and re-enter.

By the way, the ion trail sends you to look for a different system, check out your "Situation Log" in case you have already activated it.