• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a really good AAR. Definately keeping me up past my bedtime. :D

How very delightful! :D

Reminds me a bit of J. Passepartout's The Golden Pig and the Concrete Porker, with the fairy tale elements and all.

All right, Farq...I am missing my weekly fairy tale! However shall I fall asleep at night without knowing what is happening a long time ago and far away???

I would concur with coz1, except that I have been neglecting my own AAR... Oh well, I shall be a hypocrite and demand update.

King_Arthur_and_Sir_Lancelot.jpg

Some jolly knights on a quest to obtain the AAR of St. Farquharson of Antiocheia.

Farq has not had activity on this site for one week. I hope this AAR ain't dead. :(

Come back to us Farquharson! :(

The natives appear to be getting restless... hope this absence Farq does not signify any troubles.

Hmm, it says in his profile that Farq was last active three days ago. Maybe he was just on vacation, or ill, or something..... I demand that he prove to us his continued existence.

Errm... Hi folks.

OK it's confession time. Yes I did kind of drop out of things rather abruptly. Once again I lost interest in the CK game I was playing, although I did put a warning at the beginning of the AAR that this was likely to happen since it always has done before. In fact I was rather bored with CK in general and didn't really feel motivated to get back into EU2 either for the time being. Instead I've been vegging out playing Cossacks, which doesn't lend itself too well to AARing of course since every game is more or less the same... I did develop a sort of Paradox-style framework for playing games, based on a map of Europe. I then proceeded to take over the whole of Europe with Ukraine.

Next question, is there any hope of resurrecting this AAR? Well, to be honest I don't think so. I'm extremely bad at getting back into something once I've abandoned it. So I'm afraid the Folk Tales are over. Much more likely is that I'll start a completely new AAR, possibly in EU2. I did my usual trick of choosing a starting nation at random and came up with Dahomey in West Africa. This looks fairly interesting but I haven't launched into it yet. Dahomey was also noted for its female warriors, sometimes known as Amazons, which might make an interesting basis for an AAR.

Anyway, no promises for anything in the immediate future. Apologies to all those who have been so loyally watching for an update, and particularly to those who had started to imagine the worst - thanks for your concern!

Well, there it is, proof that I'm still alive and well, and perhaps even a glimmer of hope of future AARing activity.

Farquharson said:
I then proceeded to take over the whole of Europe with Ukraine.

Hey, that sounds pretty nice! :D Certainly a lot better than my EU2 game with Ukraine.

As for Dahomey, I played a GC with them and in my opinion they are quite challenging. I barely managed to get them to land tech 51+ by the end of the game but that was a real struggle. It was very difficult and took a long time to break the isolation penalty, among other handicaps. And with the two gold provinces there you can run up some Farquharsonesque inflation levels. ;)

Man, Farquharson! I thought you vanished from the community long ago. You see, I got bored with reading CK AARs and was waiting for that one day that I would see a new post in the EU2 AAR forum by you. The day did not come, but I hope it still will, some day.

I know that feeling, one day you have a thousand plans for EU2 and CK games and everything and the next day it's gone....and all you got is Civilization 4 (or, in your case, Cossacks - you got to tell me how to play it in a fun way, I have Art of War but the fun part keeps eluding me). Anyway, hope to see your interest in AARing renewed one day.