FOIX one tag WC attempt, started 1.8, conquering HRE, using game of thrones mechanics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh. In the game of thrones, you either win, or you regency council.

CFD9733B835065618971BEB2C07DEA9150F7C587

I might just go play some more Wallachia or Knights for a bit. I always get the worst luck when trying to accomplish stuff as major powers. Fifteen years at speed 5? No thanks.

ouch :(

you can still enforce peace etc.

But that is indeed bad luck.

To be honest long regency councils are the only thing I do not feel bad about to save scum. If I can I avoid every regency longer than five years via task manager. It's the only thing I save scum because it's so frustrating.

if there are no health problems or something similar, comon man play already! i've been refreshing the page almost for a week now!:)

fine fine. I'll give you a tip: if you subscribed to a thread and hit "settings" in right uper corner of forum, all the subscribed threads with new posts will pop up. If not, maybe you need to change something in options of forum.

Heres an update.

Revolution starts hitting, since its after 1750. Any country that does NOT have stability 3 can get it. Ever since 1750, i make sure i stay at stability 3 Always. Iu se the pope for this, if i hit 100 papal influence i can buy +1 stability with influence to get free stability.

In the subjects and the colonies the revolution is manageable, but a global +10 unrest in foix would give... a lot of rebels. Hence why i'm little cautious...

Business as usual, invading whatever i can. I'm trying to core all of it. Luckily all of it is overseas, so it costs less to core. I annexed champa, lan na, Khmer etc etc. I'm also busy gobbling up entire india from ceylon to gujarat to bengal delta.

I finally had a chance to calculate the entire subject integration cost. Its way too much. I'm gonna give up my subjects Khazak and Oirat and hope for the best.

Using the same method (forcing an "offer" peace deal on a 100% occupied country), and if things don't go as planned, i intend to knock timurids, assam, lan na, dai viet and Korea out of my subjects to lower integration cost. Luckily that i knew this trick, cause otherwise i would failed integration on all for sure. You need to own one province of the nation you want to knock out of the subject, and then it will knock all the cores out if you do release nation in offer peace deal. As you can see, i already knocked out persia, bengal, gujarat and cored them myself.

I now realize i probably shouldn't have teched up admin so much. I could have done with the lvl req for constitutional monarchy, or even lower, and i should have started coring waaaaay earlier. Oh well, live and learn.

On the bright side: a one tag is still possible, but the problem is my diplo reputation goes lower if i take 9X overextension. Its gonna be real close, since i can't integrate as fast as i'd like. It takes juggling around with bonuses, to make sure subjects finish integrating at same time. That way the -3 diplo rep malus effect you get for ten years (after integration of a subject) will only be 10 years for 2 integrated subjects.

Castile integrated, and that gave me entire Asian Ottoman territory, the north african west coast and a load of land in india.

Portugal integrated soon after castile (juggled with diplo rep to make them finish close to each other to limit the malus for diplo rep, as mentioned above). I know got no distant overseas from Black sea to ashanti in west africa... And Castile and portugal gave me a nice modern fleet (i can't build one, i'm at dip tech 8.). Portugal finished the suez canal while they had the mamluk land. Thanks a lot, Portugal!

Now the real challenge comes, integrating Muscovy, Japan and England in time.

Heres where i'm at now. I have been coring whatever i could, and i'm trying to put each nation under the 9x% cost to annex.

Did the calculation again, i can still integrate all subjects with my current young king. But the real problem is going to be diplo reputation.

I made a maybe desperate move, and i went reformed in the entire foix nation. I then took the stability fervor bonus, which gives me +1 diplo rep and -2 unrest. I also have trading in Ivory now, for another bonus. In 1796 the -3 diplo rep malus from integrating castile and portugal will be gone..

Muscovy and Japan got a colonial nation too now, so i *must* integrate them or i don't even have an offical world conquest..

I'll carry on and keep you posted.

Last edited:
fine fine. I'll give you a tip: if you subscribed to a thread and hit "settings" in right uper corner of forum, all the subscribed threads with new posts will pop up. If not, maybe you need to change something in options of forum.

Heres an update.

Revolution starts hitting, since its after 1750. Any country that does NOT have stability 3 can get it. Ever since 1750, i make sure i stay at stability 3 Always. Iu se the pope for this, if i hit 100 papal influence i can buy +1 stability with influence to get free stability.

In the subjects and the colonies the revolution is manageable, but a global +10 unrest in foix would give... a lot of rebels. Hence why i'm little cautious...

Business as usual, invading whatever i can. I'm trying to core all of it. Luckily all of it is overseas, so it costs less to core. I annexed champa, lan na, Khmer etc etc.

I finally had a chance to calculate the entire subject integration cost. Its way too much. I'm gonna give up my subjects Khazak and Oirat and hope for the best.

Using the same method (forcing an "offer" peace deal on a 100% occupied country), and if things don't go as planned, i intend to knock timurids, assam, lan na, dai viet and Korea out of my subjects to lower integration cost. Luckily that i knew this trick, cause otherwise i would failed integration on all for sure. You need to own one province of the nation you want to knock out of the subject, and then it will knock all the cores out if you do release nation in offer peace deal. As you can see, i already knocked out persia, bengal, gujarat and cored them myself.

I now realize i probably shouldn't have teched up admin so much. I could have done with the lvl req for constitutional monarchy, or even lower, and i should have started coring waaaaay earlier. Oh well, live and learn.

On the bright side: a one tag is still possible, but the problem is my diplo reputation goes lower if i take 9X overextension. Its gonna be real close, since i can't integrate as fast as i'd like. It takes juggling around with bonuses, to make sure subjects finish integrating at same time. That way the -3 diplo rep malus effect you get for ten years (after integration of a subject) will only be 10 years for 2 integrated subjects.

Castile integrated, and that gave me entire Asian Ottoman territory, the north african west coast and a load of land in india.

Portugal integrated soon after castile (juggled with diplo rep to make them finish close to each other to limit the malus for diplo rep, as mentioned above). I know got no distant overseas from Black sea to ashanti in west africa... And Castile and portugal gave me a nice modern fleet (i can't build one, i'm at dip tech 8.). Portugal finished the suez canal while they had the mamluk land. Thanks a lot, Portugal!

Now the real challenge comes, integrating Muscovy, Japan and England in time.

Heres where i'm at now. I have been coring whatever i could, and i'm trying to put each nation under the 9x% cost to annex.

Did the calculation again, i can still integrate all subjects with my current young king. But the real problem is going to be diplo reputation.

I made a maybe desperate move, and i went reformed in the entire foix nation. I then took the stability fervor bonus, which gives me +1 diplo rep and -2 unrest. I also have trading in Ivory now, for another bonus. In 1796 the -3 diplo rep malus from integrating castile and portugal will be gone..

Muscovy and Japan got a colonial nation too now, so i *must* integrate them or i don't even have an offical world conquest..

I'll carry on and keep you posted.

Very impressive, good luck!

an update with the situation in 1800.

In africa theres just Darfur, Kongo, Ethiopia and timbuktu left. Persia is 100% overextension, i will likely absorb them in 2 wars, for some claims on the high base tax provinces.

India only has some OPM, multan and gujarat left. I ate some of the high basetax provinces of my former vassals kazakh and oirat.

Malaya truce will be gone too soon. At some point i'll go for pasai aswell..

Starting to wonder if i can core it all in time. I think so, 20 years is like 1000% overextension i can core at 9x% overextension.

In america theres only a few tribes left, and i think 95% of entire america continent is colonized by CN.

The integration of england, muscovy and japan is going well. Sooner or later i'll be back at 0 diplo points, and i *hope* that points will only go to muscovy and england until one of them will complete. But this is flakey. I really hope the one you started last won't get points until the nearly completed ones are 100% integrated.

I really hope the one you started last won't get points until the nearly completed ones are 100% integrated.

Not to crush your hopes, but it always seems like the opposite is true for me. Makes no sense. But good luck. One-tag or not, you took Foix to heights she's never known!

well, it seems that way. I integrated muscovy and england FIRST ( i mean started it) and then castille and portugal took all the points when my diplo reputation was high.

Maybe the game assigns points to same religion nations first? Or to the nations who are closest to capital?

Anyways, japan can be integrated last, when i am on -3 diplo reputation from integrating rest. I just gotta juggle the bonuses to diplo rep around.

Could you please repeat what map mods you're using?

combination of tbarw extra: transparant political map and gfx overhaul - ironman 2.0

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310638421&searchtext= and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334977901&searchtext=

i also use bigger production+ better ui interface: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371789134&searchtext=

and bigger peace view: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266947832&searchtext=

and better tooltip font: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169782855&searchtext=

and 50 loadingscreens: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251964175&searchtext=

and hre retexture project: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220203879&searchtext=

all are compatible with ironman.

Theres problem with 1.8 gfx, 50 loadingscreens and tooltip font mod: the files of the mod have spaces in them, and this forces you to re-enable them all the time whenever you start the game.

You can solve this by changing the filename from my mod.mod to my_mod.mod (with underscore instead of space) and then edit the file itself with notepad ++ and changing name of mod from my mod to my_mod

Hope that helps!

and unit packs extended: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280502457&searchtext=

Last edited:
an update.

it seems that if you got multiple integrations going, and you got 0 diplo point pool and lower diplo point income per month then the cost for integration, the game assigns points to the smallest nation being integrated. This screwed up plan to finish integrations at once... Japan just integrated, and i'll likely have -3 diplo rep malus for integrating subjects until 1821. This is going to become nerve wreckin. It looks like muscovy might only be integrated in the last few years of eglible game time.

England integrated after i knocked Lan Na, Assam, Songhai and Mali out of them to lower integration cost. It extended my -3 diplo rep from integrating subjects to 182x. Great. I can't knock anything out of muscovy unfortunatly..

This can NOT be happening!!! 6 bloody months too late, thats 42 diplo points i lack. Sigh. I hope i'll get one more diplo rep if i go to 0 overextension. I likely will then. But this means i can't core anything.

Some brainstorming was needed, and i decided on one-all-out war versus all and anyone, and annex everyone in last year one after another.. And hope Muscovy finishes in time.

Last edited:

This can NOT be happening!!! 6 bloody months too late, thats 42 diplo points i lack. Sigh. I hope i'll get one more diplo rep if i go to 0 overextension. I likely will then. But this means i can't core anything.

Some brainstorming was needed, and i decided on one-all-out war versus all and anyone, and annex everyone in last year one after another.. And hope Muscovy finishes in time.

i don't play often until the end but the game should finish at 31 december 1821, or do i remember incorrectly?

i don't play often until the end but the game should finish at 31 december 1821, or do i remember incorrectly?

i thought it was january 1821. Guess i'll check.

Edit: it is.

December 1820. How much closer to the end can it finish?

Found out i can still knock out nogai from muscovy. But it 'll cost me a truce break. Gotta watch my admin points for that too.

Anyways, this is going to be CLOSE.

Last edited:
It is a silly question, but you have a diplo rep advisor (statesman) employed, right?

yeah, got lucky and got a +2 one.

Theres no way for me to get more diplo rep. Guess i'll have to calculate truce breaks needed and uppin stability cost adin point wise.

Looks like i will attack pasai next to madagascar (about only tiny country i can do overseas expansion cb on, if you then do offer to release nations it will cost 0 diplo power to you, since in the cb it costs 0 always) to knock nogai out of muscovy. That will lower diplo integration cost by about 50. I then get time in the last year to end all wars.

But i'll leave foix at 1821 with -2 stability and a few hundred overextension..

Lets just hope i can do this the right way and end this in style.

I'd hate to sink in sight of the harbor..

Last edited:
final update :wub:

This was muscovy.. Its eastern and western border were thousands of miles apart, they obtained a colonial nation in Australia and a few holiday resorts in Oceania.

Muscovy integrated. FINALLY :angry:

I literally almost had a heart attack when i saw this. Somehow, during the truce and the war, Kazakh had grown to 114% warscore. WITH ONLY 6 MONTHS LEFT TILL GAME ENDS! :blink: Must be some sort of bug. I can annex all but the capital for 86% warscore, and their capital is poor. There are no provnces held by rebels.
I sat staring at screen for a few, then realized, "my nogai invasion force is near that capital, annex all but capital and break truce right after peace deal, and assault capital." I really hoped that was gonna work.

It was a capital mistake of me NOT to check all peace deals before starting all peace deals after muscovy integrated... LUCKY i saw this with 6 months left. Lets hope the best!

Little tiny Kazakh.. If you let my one tag fail, i'll... i'll.. *sigh*

Assaulted their capital, and i could annex them in october 1820. PFWIEUW! Heart attack danger was over, but oh boy, that were a few terrifying months i played there.

Pattani is the last country i need to make peace with. They fled to madagascar after Malaya took all their home provinces.

Wait a minute, you ended last war, does that mean...?

Yes, yes it does! FOIX ONE TAG COMPLETED!!!:blink:

My colonial nations in north america.

My colonial nations in south america. Note that for some reason a few provinces from the last annexed tribe didn't get assigned to colonial nation. I got no clue why not...

First part of nation list.

Second part of nation list. It seems only foix and my colonial nations exist :)

This is the result of my last decade of warfare, truce breaking and stacking overextension. Foix got 1000+% overextension. I doubt the one tag nation will live long past 1820 to be honest.

Normally i wouldn't have had this, if i didn't make some costly mistakes earlier on. I had to knock out so much countries out of my PU subjects because i made a few really costly mistakes early on in the foix run.

First: I thought i had finished influence ideas at some point, and took vassal integration act policy. I didn't. Until i noticed, byzantium was already integrated, and burgundy almost. I easily wasted a 1000+ diplo points there.

Second: I fed Lithuania and kept feeding it, without realizing that they take aristocracy. Or maybe i did realize, and i forgot that +coring cost on provinces increases integration cost aswell. Lithuania cost me 5000 diplo points to integrate in the end. Thats 2500 too much, if i had just fed it all to muscovy instead.

Conclusion?: I wasted like 3000-4000 diplo points. With that, I could have integrated england, castile, muscovy and portugal without knocking out so much countries to save on integration costs. And without knocking all those countries out, i easly would have cored that 1000% overextension myself.

This as a warning; do NOT overfeed your vassals in a WC attempt. I should have integrated all subjects a LOT sooner, and just vassalise nations to become other feeding vassals. I would have kept oirat and Kazakh as vassal if i didn't waste thousands and thousands of diplo points.

A wc attempt can fail by mistakes i made.. Luckily i salvaged the situation with repeated calculations and observations.

So, as a final conclusion of this whole FOIX ONE TAG ATTEMPT: Plan ahead in a world conquest, be opportunistic, and be aggressive.

Atwix signing off.