FOIX one tag WC attempt, started 1.8, conquering HRE, using game of thrones mechanics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its like spending cash on a girl you fancy. The bigger the target, the more they will need to be swayed into loving you.

If you consider that all my pu subjects were 2000-3000 diplo points average to integrate, you can understand why i stayed at diplo tech 6.

Anyways.. If i ever do a one tag again, its probably gonna be ryukyu.
I am quite sure, that opening would be take explo ASAP and convert to Catholic ASAP ;). Quite possibly making yourself protectorate would be more reliable way, but Ryukyu using game of thrones mechanic... Would be something definitely unique.

I am quite sure, that opening would be take explo ASAP and convert to Catholic ASAP ;). Quite possibly making yourself protectorate would be more reliable way, but Ryukyu using game of thrones mechanic... Would be something definitely unique.

Protectorate way is in fact harder then going for westernisation, HRE emperorship and Pu game.

You know, starting to like the idea.

ARRRGH i just played another game for a day, and i am already AGAIN thinking of doing EU4.

Sometimes i think the biggest mistake i ever made in EU4 is installing it. :p

there's a cool double vassal release exploit available (since The Three Mountains does not have a "did not change country" stipulation - only that you start as RYU) - you 'waste' the first 20-30 years but get 200k in the bank. Whether that's worth it is debatable. It means at the very least you're set on +2 advisors for life.

Protectorate is not worth it. You lose all your vassals and you need them to continue to expand. Even if you integrate them all before you become a protectorate, autonomy and rebels will prevent you from expanding as much as you could if you didn't.

Look at my run, for example. I did the WC, not a one-tag, but I had no protectorates. It's just a matter of doing 2 or 3 less mistakes. Let's say if I cored more provinces in Europe and if I integrated my vassals earlier, it could've being a one-tag for sure.

protectorate has a lot of limitations, and you can bypass AE via other exploits - OPM vassal release is almost strictly better.

There's more. Once you get influence idea 4, you should have little to no AE. Ryukyuan idea 1: Chinese Investiture (-25%) + Influence idea 4: State Propaganda (-20%) = -45% AE.

If you use the right CB and plan your wars, the coalitions won't even matter. In fact, they may even help you. Let's say Hungary is allied to France and England. That's not a war you want to fight, but if they join Serbia's coalition, you can drag them into a much easier war.

there's a cool double vassal release exploit available (since The Three Mountains does not have a "did not change country" stipulation - only that you start as RYU) - you 'waste' the first 20-30 years but get 200k in the bank. Whether that's worth it is debatable. It means at the very least you're set on +2 advisors for life.

Care to explain this "trick"?

So, uh, you seein' anyone?

i know this took a while, and many people don't get where players get the patience and tenacity to do one tags. But its not i'm a hermit who only plays eu4.

..she'll likely never understand why i can laugh out loud at some screenshots in strange screenshot thread. So far i only get rolling eyes now and then, regarding eu4.

She only half believes i play these map games for "exercising my mind by pondering next moves" though. What she thinks is probably "boys need toys".. And as long as i don't shoot people up with a shotgun in her living room, its ok. So eu4 is perfect. As compromise, and as a way to get me OUT of the way for few hours.

So, I saw this. And then noticed in my current Spanish game Foix had been beaten free from France. So I figure I'd take them under my wing.

2 years later my ruler died without a heir and I got their dynasty... I'm scared now.

And bravo sir, bravo.