FOIX one tag WC attempt, started 1.8, conquering HRE, using game of thrones mechanics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This game can be SO addictive beyond belief.

I find myself theorycrafting at work now on how to advance in my next play hours...

Anyone else finding themselves being dominated by eu4? Just curious :)

With you there. When I'm not playing, I frequently think on my next tactics for when I come back.

I have one question... what's the thing you describe as "kick nations out in order to avoid increased coring" ?

ah, i'll explain that trick with an example it can be used for.

Let's assume ENGLAND won the HYW. France is their PU subject now.

In theory, you could declare on Tyrone now, and 100% occupy them (any OPM will do, or any country you can occupy 100% easily).

In the peace deal, you can do an OFFER (you won the war but make peace by forcing random offer peace on the country) to release GUYENNE.

Normally, only Englands provinces in Guyenne would be released. But, since ENGLAND has cores on GUYENNE, FRANCE is forced to give all their GUYENNE cores as WELL. Guyenne will be released in its full form. Since Guyenne is same culture as France, France keeps its cores on Guyene, giving England reconquest cb on Guyenne.

So, if you have a core that is part of a nation that is 99% in your PU subject, you can force the PU subject to release the entire nation out, in this way.

Result? France is a lot weaker, they won't declare independance easily, you can actually integrate france faster, and their cost to integrate them will be lower, since you kicked Guyenne out. And later on you just reconquer the Guyenne land with reconquest CB, and core it yourself.

In the foix run here i used this trick to lower integration cost on PU subjects i fed too much to be integrated in time.

It was a move to solve a problem i put myself in really, a century before.

ah, i'll explain that trick with an example it can be used for.....

Somewhat related, and perhaps relevant for your fascination with PUs:

Can you use the same mechanic, "winning" a war and offering to release something in a peacedeal, but with your own junior PU nations?

Reason is that I have previously gotten small, insignificant nations in PU when I didnt want to have the relation slot occupied for 50+ years before I could integrate them. Unfortunately you cannot grant Independence to PU subjects like you can with vassals so they are stuck. This would be a way to get rid of them to make room for a better vassal or something else, if it can be done.

Somewhat related, and perhaps relevant for your fascination with PUs:

Can you use the same mechanic, "winning" a war and offering to release something in a peacedeal, but with your own junior PU nations?

Reason is that I have previously gotten small, insignificant nations in PU when I didnt want to have the relation slot occupied for 50+ years before I could integrate them. Unfortunately you cannot grant Independence to PU subjects like you can with vassals so they are stuck. This would be a way to get rid of them to make room for a better vassal or something else, if it can be done.

if you mean cancelling the pu, then yes you can. do offer then and cancel vassals, and the tiny PU members will show there.