Focus Tree Community Feedback Survey!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wasn't some of Death or Dishoner DLC content reworked for free?
Yes, it was reworked, but what was planned for Hungary, for example, is not very much. There is a proposal on the forum about the transformation of Hungary, which has been in the TOP10 proposals for quite some time. Everything that was included in Hungary comes from that proposal. Apart from these, many more modifications would be needed, not only in the case of Hungary or the DoD dlc, but also in the case of other old dlcs.
That's why I wrote that for now I'll wait to see what the future brings within the game and decide whether I'll spend on it, for example, in the context of discounts, or simply delete it and never pick it up again.
I did the same for EU4 and Stelaris. EU4 has been deleted, and at Stelaris I only buy dlc as part of a discount.
At least they never "doublesold" focus trees. I am quite sure they will not start with this, it would end up in a mess.

When the game was released, it contained some countries that had a non-generic focus tree. All of these were later reworked, but you could only get the full makeover by paying again. No matter how I look at it, the focus trees were sold twice. I encountered this for the first time with the Paradox games, that I had to pay repeatedly for the conversion of old things, and I did not like it. I don't like repurchasing things I've already paid for once.

• 4Like
Reactions:
AI states do things because "the focus tree made me do it" rather than because it makes political or strategic sense. And ahistorical, though plausible events happen nt because of political shifts or strategic situation, but "as standard", for example:
  • Italy always invading Switzerland
  • Turkiye joining a failing, losing Axis

Yes, it was reworked, but what was planned for Hungary, for example, is not very much. There is a proposal on the forum about the transformation of Hungary, which has been in the TOP10 proposals for quite some time. Everything that was included in Hungary comes from that proposal. Apart from these, many more modifications would be needed, not only in the case of Hungary or the DoD dlc, but also in the case of other old dlcs.
That's why I wrote that for now I'll wait to see what the future brings within the game and decide whether I'll spend on it, for example, in the context of discounts, or simply delete it and never pick it up again.
I did the same for EU4 and Stelaris. EU4 has been deleted, and at Stelaris I only buy dlc as part of a discount.

When the game was released, it contained some countries that had a non-generic focus tree. All of these were later reworked, but you could only get the full makeover by paying again. No matter how I look at it, the focus trees were sold twice. I encountered this for the first time with the Paradox games, that I had to pay repeatedly for the conversion of old things, and I did not like it. I don't like repurchasing things I've already paid for once.

Maybe $15 if you have previous focus tree and $30 if you don`t have?
Then it could be dlc above dlc if needed.

Reactions:
Maybe $15 if you have previous focus tree and $30 if you don`t have?
Then it could be dlc above dlc if needed.
I'm not going to pay over and over again for something I've already bought once! Because I consider this outrageous and a money grab. So no thanks, for me, even the option you wrote is unacceptable! I wouldn't be willing to pay for it even at a discounted price, I'd rather delete the game and find another game. Even so, I rarely play this game anymore, because after half an hour of playing I get disgusted by the many errors in the game...etc.

I am currently waiting to see what the fate of the game will be for me, what they will do with the old national focuses, bugs...etc. But according to the current situation, the game will be deleted soon and maybe in a few years I will look at its condition or not. I'm not particularly interested in the whole thing, because I don't see much chance for positive change. Sorry, but I'm very disappointed in both the game and the developers!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I'm not going to pay over and over again for something I've already bought once! Because I consider this outrageous and a money grab. So no thanks, for me, even the option you wrote is unacceptable! I wouldn't be willing to pay for it even at a discounted price, I'd rather delete the game and find another game. Even so, I rarely play this game anymore, because after half an hour of playing I get disgusted by the many errors in the game...etc.

I am currently waiting to see what the fate of the game will be for me, what they will do with the old national focuses, buhs...etc. But according to the current situation, the game will be deleted soon and maybe in a few years I will look at its condition or not. I'm not particularly interested in the whole thing, because I don't see much chance for positive change. Sorry, but I'm very disappointed in both the game and the developers!
So no updates to Germany, Japan, USA etc… that is the other option.

This ansvers this part

Developers don`t remake those for free!

Last edited:
Reactions:
So no updates to Germany, Japan, USA etc… that is the other option.

This ansvers this part

Developers don`t remake those for free!
Wrong. They do. See the last Dev-Diray for Hoi 4 for the Free-Patch-Inclusions. There USA and Canada get the first Adjustments & Upgrades from the old Focus Trees. More will come with the big Patch & DLC in the Wintertime this year. As well as with more Repair-, Improvement-, Refit- and Rework-Patches.

The new 2nd Team is working on the older Focuses and Decissions with Adjustments & Upgrades. As well as brings very interessting new ones with important missing Minors like South-America.

Last edited:
The new 2nd Team is working on the older Focuses and Decissions with Adjustments & Upgrades. As well as brings very interessting new ones with important missing Minors like South-America.

The Future
The coming year is going to be a really exciting one as we have succeeded in something we have tried to do for a long time - create a second autonomous team filled with brilliant and awesome people! This means that you can expect more stuff and a quicker pace during 2024 as we now have another team focused on delivering more national flavor and content.
I don't know where you got this from, but in the original news there is no mention of the transformation of old focuses. Only that there is a new team that focuses on the development of national focuses and contents.
Could I have missed something? As far as I know, they only make minor changes to the old content instead of the complete transformations that would be necessary.

Quite a lot of old DLC content is incomplete:
The German communist branch (which, if I remember correctly, the developer didn't have time to research/make and it will be added later, but we've been waiting for it ever since).
Or the new Soviet monarchist part where the player faces three huge problems:
-There are few generals and admirals, as a result you have no choice but to promote/buy new ones for a long time.However, the solution is simple, you just need a focus that would give you a few generals and admirals and a national spirit that would make the process cheaper (Heroes of the Civil War).
-Few advisors: quite a few people who left the country after the communist takeover could be found for this.
-Spies: a single focus provides an extra spy slots and there is not even an advisor for this.However, there is a historical option for this as well...
Okhrana

Paranoia:
Lots of missed opportunities to deal with...
- Propaganda campaign
- Military parada/national day: The date 7 November, the anniversary of the October Revolution according to the Gregorian Calendar, was the official national day of the Soviet Union from 1918 onward and still is a public holiday in Belarus and the breakaway territory of Transnistria. Communist parties both in and out of power celebrate November 7 as the date Marxist parties began to take power.
October Revolution
- A five-year plan: factory constructions, railway and road network developments
A five-year plan:
Industrial focuses are blocked if the country is at war with a major power, even if you do not choose foreign investors. By the way, I have experienced that many times, even without a war, it is locked even if all the conditions of the focus have been met.
Joke category focuses: There are quite a few of these, but my personal favorite is when the Italian monarchist branch gives you the opportunity to build totally outdated ships. What the hell is the point of this?
Some countries do not have a good relationship with reality either, their historical part is, to put it mildly, a lie:
My personal favorite in this area is Hungary, where fascism is growing stronger historically, even though a German military occupation was necessary to take over the fascist power, because the support of the fascist parties was not very significant. In addition, Horthy as a fascist leader, who was dragged away and imprisoned after the occupation, is somewhat laughable. Or the fascist advisor who died in 1936, I was shocked by that.
I only described these as examples of why a complete transformation would be necessary, but more could be listed. Instead, we get minor modifications/repairs that will not fix the original problem for a long time. Exactly the fact that the content of the old dlcs is outdated affects the gameplay (balance and replayability).
Converting a dlc with other paid content only makes players angry.But on the other hand, by making only minor extensions/updates, this will also be achieved. Players will get frustrated/angry and turn away from the game.If you have looked on other forums not only here or on other channels of the game, but also on other unofficial forums, there are already visible signs of this. Based on my own experience, many of my acquaintances left the game, or decided to buy the new content in the form of max discounts, or rather acquired a pirated version. Moreover, their number is increasing...

1.jpg

There are only two problems with this:
- We have already paid for these contents once, so they do not work for free...
- It was recommended to set up a Custodian team, which would deal with the correction of errors and the conversion of old containers. While the other team could develop new content, the publisher/developer would also have income. But nothing came of it.

3.jpg

Rework:

2.jpg

We can see signs of this in the current new dlc, which includes a few minor modifications/improvements/expansions from the old content. But the players did not ask for this, but a complete transformation, and rightfully so! Because the content of the old dlc is completely outdated. And the fact that minor extensions/repairs are carried out is not the same.
Personally, this is exactly why I am strengthening the camp of those who are not willing to buy the new content only in the context of discounts, because I am disappointed in the developers of the game. Everyone should decide what they want to continue supporting the developers of the game, i.e. buy the new content at full price, or not. This means that we didn't really expect this when we paid for the game's content. Apparently, the publisher only cares about income, nothing else. Well, this is how we express our satisfaction!

Reactions: