• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Catra

Corporal
99 Badges
Jan 10, 2011
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings III
I use steam version of CK II . I have Republic, LoR and SoI DLC. Everything was ok until Old Gods and last patch release. Now the research window have changed and I can not use focus tech buttons because they are greyed out. The description consist of default text like NO_TEXT_somthing .

Its not game breaking, but a little frustrating.

I have tried reloading, starting new game, clean reinstall. Nothing helps. Any ideas ?

EDIT
Now I have realized that trade technology has limited my trade post limit from 11 ( that was tha limit when I saved before the patch ) to 2 because of the trade practices -80% trait...

Last edited:
Your old game is not compatible with 1.10.
Did you play this game with a mod ? If so, no surprise, you need to at least wait for a compatible mod version to hope that you might be able to finish your game.
At least it sounds as if you play a game started before 1.10 and play it now on the current version.
There is no more focus button in 1.10 as well.

I didnt have any mod. But I see that whole tech tab is reworked.

But, nevertheless, I have created new game and still the description on invest button is missing.

I didnt have any mod. But I see that whole tech tab is reworked.

But, nevertheless, I have created new game and still the description on invest button is missing.

Seing your avatar, do you by any chance use the polish version ?
It had been reported that there are localisations issues.

I am using english language in the game.But the same problem occured in polish version.

The problem is that the description of the button is missing, so I didnt have an idea what this button do . So for now I am testing it with trial and error method :)

I am using english language in the game.But the same problem occured in polish version.

The problem is that the description of the button is missing, so I didnt have an idea what this button do. So for now I am testing it with trial and error method :)

I just asked , as it had been mentioned before in the forum, that the polish distributor for CK2 might have messed up the localisations and probably in polish and in english as well.
Sorry, can't say more on the topic. Maybe try a reinstallation or ask the polish distributor.
Well, i actually don't even know if there really is a polish distributor, but some posts implied it.

The game was bought on steam, played in english. I dont know if this is the case of polish distributor ;). I have reinstalled the game as well
I have tried reloading, starting new game, clean reinstall. Nothing helps. Any ideas ?
;)

The problem is, that I cant downgrade now, cause the game is downloaded form steam servers, so it is the latest version ( Have it checked while reinstalling )
Is it only I have this ? I mean, if there are ppl without TOG haeving this problem ?

:eek:hmy: Never thought of that.
Thanks for telling, might be the same issue for other people who posted such problem.
Cheers

Problem solved.

Apparently there is a difference in changing language in options of the game and in options in steam app ;)
Can you give more detail please? It will help us to help others.

Changing language in game option does nothing because the localisation files stay the same. So the bug was in all the language in this localisation ( polish ) even in english. I change the localisation to english in steam options ( right click on game and chose language tab ) . Steam updated the game with new localisations files and the bug disappeard.

So the problem is with polish/other than english localisation.

Can you report that to the Polish publisher, Cenega? They are responsible for the Polish/English edition. Thanks.

Changing language in game option does nothing because the localisation files stay the same. So the bug was in all the language in this localisation ( polish ) even in english. I change the localisation to english in steam options ( right click on game and chose language tab ) . Steam updated the game with new localisations files and the bug disappeard.

So the problem is with polish/other than english localisation.

Wow, thank you so much for this. Never occurred to me to try looking in Steam...

EDIT: It fixed ALL my localization problems. Seriously. Big kudos to you, Catra, and you devs should sticky it in the FAQ or something, I bet it fixes other people's problems.
Fixed:
k_pechenegs, e_italy
tags in tooltips in tech screen

Last edited:
I've added the info and a link here to the Known Issues thread. Thanks again for your help.

Thank you, I've now updated the Known Issues entry on this problem. Please keep us updated here with anything new from Cenega on this.