• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So he took advantage of an available opportunity, good for him.

I don't think this says anything about Bloodlines 2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So he took advantage of an available opportunity, good for him.

I don't think this says anything about Bloodlines 2.

I think the fact he had to redirect those asking questions to Bloodlines 2's account is relevant, and he did work on Bloodlines 2 for a few years, I think (before Christian Schlutter took over and was fired, now Florian is resigning).

While it may not have anything to do with Bloodlines 2, I think it's related and indicative of the health of the company and its practices.

Reactions:
I think the fact he had to redirect those asking questions to Bloodlines 2's account is relevant, and he did work on Bloodlines 2 for a few years, I think (before Christian Schlutter took over and was fired, now Florian is resigning).

While it may not have anything to do with Bloodlines 2, I think it's related and indicative of the health of the company and its practices.
He redirected those questions because it was no longer his job, that doesn't say anything about Bloodlines 2 other than that it's no longer in his area of responsibility.

A single employee taking a different position says nothing intrinsically about the health of the company or its practices, it could but we'd need more evidence beyond his decision.

Reactions:
He redirected those questions because it was no longer his job, that doesn't say anything about Bloodlines 2 other than that it's no longer in his area of responsibility.

A single employee taking a different position says nothing intrinsically about the health of the company or its practices, it could but we'd need more evidence beyond his decision.

On the whole, I'd agree..........

..... But maybe...... just maybe......... Paradox or HSS should have told people who to direct those questions to before Florian had to.

The absolute lack of communication is going to kill this game long before it ever gets released.

Reactions:

..... But maybe...... just maybe......... Paradox or HSS should have told people who to direct those questions to before Florian had to.

The absolute lack of communication is going to kill this game long before it ever gets released.
I suppose, I don't think a lack of communication is the worst problem the game has frankly :p

Reactions:

They did ... kinda. :-/
It seems we should redirect our questions to someone named "nobody" ... nobody will answering them, nobody cares about them, nobody will find out the answers for us, and nobody will tell us when he finds someting.
Sometimes i have feeling that he is also working on this game, allone.

• 7Haha
Reactions:
Switching jobs mid project isn't "standard" practice, not without more serious underlying motivations. But this is hardly a surprise at this point. He did kinda fell off the face of the planet the last few months.. Well, to borrow a few of his words, i also very much look forward to seeing ANYTHING BL2 related. Tracking employees can be fun and all but for me what matters most is the game. It's why most of us a are here, after all.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Switching jobs mid project isn't "standard" practice, not without more serious underlying motivations. But this is hardly a surprise at this point. He did kinda fell off the face of the planet the last few months.. Well, to borrow a few of his words, i also very much look forward to seeing ANYTHING BL2 related. Tracking employees can be fun and all but for me what matters most is the game. It's why most of us a are here, after all.
Agree, leaving before a game is complete while a full-timer is usually not a good sign.

I did get the impression Florian left BL2 a while ago to do other producer-stuff at Paradox and supervise Schlutter (who was fired around the same time as Mitsoda and Cluney and now works at some German game company), but I could be wrong. The whole RPG "management" at Paradox seems to have been fired or given up (although Hardsuit doesn't seem to have any RPG-skilled developers).

• 1Like
Reactions:

At which point does one start to aggregate the actual departures in your oppinion?
I mean going "it's one guy", when it has been all 4 people (Cluney, Schlutter, Ellison, Mitsoda) who were paraded out in all Marketing events, in ~4 months (Aug - Dec), sounds off to me. Sure it's not truly 28,000 times going "Oh Disney has laid off one employee due to Corona Virus" - but then again those people weren't nameless workers behind the scenes to us.

As search for some info ... i just watched third Interwiev with Florian ...
And every time someone asked him what is his work, he answers with smile: "Basicaly, its mine fault."

It get things to completely different context now. :D

Another one? Seriously, how many people, directly or indirectly related to BL2, have resigned or moved on to greener pastures in the past few months? It wouldn't be so bad if it was an isolated case or two but this...? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, after all, I don't know what is happening behind the curtains, but this is starting to feel like a lot of rats abandoning a sinking ship to me... pardon the expression.

PS: I'm just realizing the irony of the situation. If there are no news, people will complain about being left in the silence. Lately, however, it seems any kind of "news" we get is inherently negative in nature, which only leads to more conspiracies and worries. No wonder they are as quiet as a church mouse... not that it ultimately helps them.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yeah, though the latest peoples that have left are, to my understanding, more related to marketing. There isn't really much of that atm. so it would make sense if they are looking for other opportunities.

Another one? Seriously, how many people, directly or indirectly related to BL2, have resigned or moved on to greener pastures in the past few months? It wouldn't be so bad if it was an isolated case or two but this...? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, after all, I don't know what is happening behind the curtains, but this is starting to feel like a lot of rats abandoning a sinking ship to me... pardon the expression.

PS: I'm just realizing the irony of the situation. If there are no news, people will complain about being left in the silence. Lately, however, it seems any kind of "news" we get is inherently negative in nature, which only leads to more conspiracies and worries. No wonder they are as quiet as a church mouse... not that it ultimately helps them.
I cant just agree due to my probation ... so i shall coment. :D
I agree with whole post, except the end ... i wonder why they are quiet, since i cant find litteraly even single positive thing on such attitude, but many many many and even more many negative things. o_O

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah, though the latest peoples that have left are, to my understanding, more related to marketing. There isn't really much of that atm. so it would make sense if they are looking for other opportunities.

While there were 2 producers (who indirectly affect marketing) at Paradox (1 fired, 1 resigned), the lead writer, creative director, and senior writer at Hardsuit were on actual game content - was there another marketing person who might have left? (I haven't done a LinkedIn search for ex-Hardsuit or ex-Paradox.) Also, I doubt Hardsuit has marketing positions, so I'm guessing you're referring to Paradox.

I will say that if a marketing person DID quit before an official release date for Bloodlines 2 was even announced, that's another bad sign, since the majority of their work is to build up hype for release (although that didn't work out well if you fire the unwilling figurehead being used in marketing, like Mitsoda).

I can see them quitting if they think the project's messaging and perception has been mangled (like it has been the past year or so).

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Really worrying given the poor communication from CK3 Devs since release really and the bad start made by Empire of Sin. Glad i didnt pre-order will await reviews.

Reactions:
Really worrying given the poor communication from CK3 Devs since release really and the bad start made by Empire of Sin. Glad i didnt pre-order will await reviews.

Please don't bring CK3 into this, as the game exists and sold/reviewed very well. And literally communicated that they are announcing/revealing something next week.

Reactions: