• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ItsEggrollTime

Captain
2 Badges
Sep 16, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
This file will help anyone who has flickering graphics when they play. I reduced the size of all the health bars in the game. It takes a little getting used to but it sure beats flickering graphics and I actually prefer it after using these settings for a few weeks.

With this file I have played the campaign twice, some single missions, and a whole lot of Day of the Bay without any flickering.

I was only able to get the graphics to flicker in a simulated setting by spawning 250 monsters at the same time with the graveyard open but I doubt that will happen in a real world setting.

Code:
Unzip and place in resource.pak/interface/cs

Attachments

• unitBars.rar
    528 bytes · Views: 1
Another strong help against flickering graphics is to change the max height of the camera and play at this new max height. This is changed by changing cam_distanceMax in:
Code:
resource\interface\cs\camera.con

Myself I put the value to 70 and play at this max, it makes heroes a bit small but well. Even higher help even more for the flickering graphics but then graphics becomes a bit too small.

Also low down options in the graphics options and extended options of the game help a little too.

The models are a lot too ambitious for a 2Go RAM limit. Or it's a limit from graphic card. This will make interesting moding rather difficult and even, if they can't improve that, this will be a problem for developers to add new contents.

I already have my camera set to 10(in) and 80(out) so I guess I should mention that. These bars were designed with all the graphical settings maxed out including 8x AA.

The models are a lot too ambitious for a 2Go RAM limit. Or it's a limit from graphic card. This will make interesting moding rather difficult and even, if they can't improve that, this will be a problem for developers to add new contents.

I think about that anytime somebody suggests improving the AI or making larger maps. A lot of people are already struggling with the game's requirements.