• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amechwarrior

General
9 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Flashpoint Spawn Adjustments

Download at github under BattletechModders/Flashpoint-Spawn-Adjustments/releases

MOD DOES NOT CONTAIN FULL PLAYABLE FLASHPOINTS!

This ModTek mod changes spawn weights to let low difficulty Flashpoints to appear first. It alters the base 10 weight of lower difficulty Flashpoints and those with rep requirements to allow them to spawn more frequently than harder Flashpoints. This is intended for Career Mode when you will be able to complete some Flashpoints with the starting Lance or close to it. This does affect campaign mode as well, but it is trivial to clear these early FPs quickly after the story is complete. This does not edit anything with the Heavy Metal FP campaign as those have their own method of spawning.

DLC WARNING
YOU MUST ONLY DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FOR DLC YOU OWN OR YOUR GAME MAY NOT LOAD.

This mod only contains the flashpoint.json files for these Flashpoints, it does not contain the MilestoneSets, Contracts or any other files required to actually play the FPs it alters.

Packages
ONLY ONE PACKAGE CAN BE INSTALLED AT A TIME.

YOU MUST ONLY DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FOR DLCs YOU OWN OR YOUR GAME MAY NOT LOAD.

On the release page, there will be three .zip files. One with both Flashpoint and Urban Warfare files, and two with either FP or UW files only for those who do not have both. They all run off of the same mod.json and have the same ModTek name.

Instructions:
Remove older editions of FSA. This is very important to not crash the game.
Copy Flashpoint Spawn Adjustments folder in to Mods folder created for ModTek.

ModTek
This mod uses ModTek.

Flashpoint Spawn Adjustments changes cannot be applied by the HBS mod loader. If you know how to make this work with the HBS loader, let me know.

Optional Dependancies:
cFixes

This mod does not need cFixes to work. It will load after cFixes if present and if cFixes adjustments are needed I will copy them to this mod manually.

Scaling
Flashpoints have a base 10 weight to spawn. The Difficulty number corresponds with the Skull rating x2, so a 2.5 Skull rated FP is Difficulty 5. I've scaled the lowest difficulty FPs to 100 and rapidly sloped down to base 10 for Difficulty 7 and up where the majority of FPs reside. All "Alliance" FP's have a weight of 1000 and that is untouched.

Difficulty Weight
4 100
5 40
6 20
7 10
8 10
9 10
10 10

Stock Files Edited:
Flashpoint DLC
fp_gladiator.json - D6
fp_greed.json - D6
fp_justinAllard.json - D6
fp_shadowOrg.json - D6

Urban Warfare DLC
fp_doubleAgent.json - D5
fp_lastChance.json - D6
fp_prize.json - D4
fp_redHunt.json - D7 + weight doubled for rep requirement
fp_sentinel.json - D4
fp_siegebreaker.json - D5
fp_succession.json - D5
fp_tournament.json - D4
fp_yangBigScore.json - D5

Last edited:
dude.....very kool

Another awesome AMW addition :D

@Justin Kase ok...how does this mod effect player made FPs?

asking because i have The Raid and The Cache installed.
i dont expect to see The Raid until later in career...however i was expecting The Cache to be the first one to show up.

i dont know if it is your mod or the update but usually the Cache shows up not long after unwelcome guests pre-update and your mod.

@Justin Kase ok...how does this mod effect player made FPs?

asking because i have The Raid and The Cache installed.
i dont expect to see The Raid until later in career...however i was expecting The Cache to be the first one to show up.

i dont know if it is your mod or the update but usually the Cache shows up not long after unwelcome guests pre-update and your mod.
This doesn't touch any player made FPs. However, this could be used as a weight guideline for them. I think I made "The Raid" weight 20 so it can appear at a slightly higher rate than the base without overpowering everything else like the 200 weight "Joint Venture" or 1k alliance FPs.

I don't know what weight the other one is set to, not one of mine and I can't recall when I looked at it. They may want to push to the D4 level if they are just using 10.

the cache is set to a weight of 10000
the prototype is set to a weight of 200

the author is saying it spawns for him....but a few folks ( myself included ) are having issues seeing it post 1.6

could it just be unlucky rng even with that kind of weight?

the cache is set to a weight of 10000
the prototype is set to a weight of 200

the author is saying it spawns for him....but a few folks ( myself included ) are having issues seeing it post 1.6

could it just be unlucky rng even with that kind of weight?

I haven't even gotten to checking "The Raid" for 1.6.any so who knows.

Small update for those with the original Flashpoint DLC's. Added some stuff to the "White Lies" FP to let it spawn in career mode. UW only owners do not need this update. Search for the large bolded words in the OP above to find the mod on github.