• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is available for the 'normal' 1.8 career ? If yes, where ?

It is not. I made it as a trial to see if I could get it to work, so it's basically all bones and no meat. It will eventually be used in the Hyades Rim mod, although with 1.8 and a lot of other work I haven't had time yet to implement it.

@Amechwarrior got a question for you about the FP the cache
i know you are not the author but i cannot get ahold of him.

anyhow...his FP works with 1.8 except for one small issue.
once you get to the rewards part it gives you like everything including the kitchen sink.
it is supposed to just give you a little help with bit of lostech..not huge amount but worth the contract.

just ran it a few days back and this time it gave me 3 mortars, 22 COMPLETE mechs of all classes plus mechparts.
i tried looking thru the mod, but had no clue what i was looking for.

can ya help?
point me in a direction?

I got the exact same result as your most recent run through.

I'm guessng it's how the ms_fp_theCache.json interacts with 1.8.1 but Amechwarrior would definitely be the one to figure it out if there's any way to tell.

ya its pulling the reward from the aurigan restoration item collection but instead of a few things...its like everything

@Amechwarrior got a question for you about the FP the cache
i know you are not the author but i cannot get ahold of him.

anyhow...his FP works with 1.8 except for one small issue.
once you get to the rewards part it gives you like everything including the kitchen sink.
it is supposed to just give you a little help with bit of lostech..not huge amount but worth the contract.

just ran it a few days back and this time it gave me 3 mortars, 22 COMPLETE mechs of all classes plus mechparts.
i tried looking thru the mod, but had no clue what i was looking for.

can ya help?
point me in a direction?
I'm not at my home machine to check, but I'd start with checking the reward milestone in the milestone set file, then whatever .csv's it's calling. It's possible whatever .csv was called has been changed in 1.8 and it's pulling 25 items from a far more powerful pool than before.

I'm not at my home machine to check, but I'd start with checking the reward milestone in the milestone set file, then whatever .csv's it's calling. It's possible whatever .csv was called has been changed in 1.8 and it's pulling 25 items from a far more powerful pool than before.

ok so its pulling from item collection faction Aurigan Restoration -

itemCollection_faction_AuriganRestoration,,,
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Light,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Medium,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Heavy,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Assault,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Light,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Medium,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Heavy,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Assault,Reference,0,10
Gear_Mortar_MechMortar,Upgrade,3,1

so....would the way to fix this and keep it the way the author intended would be to just change the ,csv it calls?

and no worries about no being at home i understand the time of year..just if ya get the chance whenever.

ok so its pulling from item collection faction Aurigan Restoration -

itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Light,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Medium,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Heavy,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_Mechs_common_Assault,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Light,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Medium,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Heavy,Reference,0,10
itemCollection_systemStores_MechParts_common_Assault,Reference,0,10
Gear_Mortar_MechMortar,Upgrade,3,1

so....would the way to fix this and keep it the way the author intended would be to just change the ,csv it calls?

and no worries about no being at home i understand the time of year..just if ya get the chance whenever.

It's probably pulling too many items from that faction_AuriganRestoration file which I'm going to assume changed massively in 1.8 to include those listings of common whole mechs. You would probably have to find the FP's reward .csv and maybe an older version of the faction_AuriganRestoration to reference what it used to point to and in what amounts and make a new .csv that looks like the old faction_AuriganRestoration and point to that file.

It's probably pulling too many items from that faction_AuriganRestoration file which I'm going to assume changed massively in 1.8 to include those listings of common whole mechs. You would probably have to find the FP's reward .csv and maybe an older version of the faction_AuriganRestoration to reference what it used to point to and in what amounts and make a new .csv that looks like the old faction_AuriganRestoration and point to that file.

this is what the old one looked like -

itemCollection_Weapons_uncommon,Reference,5,1
itemCollection_MechParts_Restoration_uncommon,Reference,3,1
itemCollection_Weapons_rare,Reference,1,1
itemCollection_Upgrades_uncommon,Reference,2,1

which is the kinda things i recall getting as rewards from the cache

will try what you suggest..thanks for the help willlet you know how things turn out.

have happy holidays!

Any chance of a tutorial video on creating simple Flashpoints? I've read through the documentation and I could definitely use more help. Even just a single contract Flashpoint with a conversation would be quite helpful.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to load up the HBS-created Flashpoint files in the Flashpoint editor? I'd like to pull apart how HBS made theirs in order to better understand the process of making FPs as well as to see examples of how certain things are done.

Is it possible to load up the HBS-created Flashpoint files in the Flashpoint editor? I'd like to pull apart how HBS made theirs in order to better understand the process of making FPs as well as to see examples of how certain things are done.

Dude, the first post is your best friend. Might look too technical and it sure is a heavy read but it explains how FPs work.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Due to no outside linking, I can't put the link here. However, HBS has graciously uploaded all the .jsons from the DLCs on to github for us modders to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Search "git bt-dlc-designdata" and look for the repo with that name, uploaded by caardappel-hbs. Take the 3 DLC FP .jsons and put them all in a folder you name "flashpoints" in your editor stand alone data folder (as suggested in the guide so you don't screw with your live game folder) and then put all the milestoneSet files in another folder named "milestoneSets" and they will be available in the editor when you open it up.

Reactions:
Due to no outside linking, I can't put the link here. However, HBS has graciously uploaded all the .jsons from the DLCs on to github for us modders to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Search "git bt-dlc-designdata" and look for the repo with that name, uploaded by caardappel-hbs.
That's an approved link. It's in the pinned modding documentation thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: