• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Groundpounder

Private
8 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II
It maybe be that I could find a list because I am on a small device but what I am looking for is a list of a) FlashPoint Mods and b) Mods that add more contracts with units (Friendly, Neutral, Enemy).

I saw that “Mission Control” may answer the second question but are there any others that I should also evaluate?

I have all the DLCs and after putting in 477 hours in vanilla game play I am interested is some variety . I really like the newer enhanced contracts and I would prefer to mainly play those contract types - or at least be able to experience them multiple times per planet.

Are you running any Mods? Example Battletech 3025 Extended - Commanders Edition (BEX) the first 6 flashpoints are installed in the download as are Mission Control/Bigger Drops. You buy a 2nd Leopard you have to repair it so you can drop extra mechs. Repaired mech bays let drop another mech controlled by the AI. Repaired command consoles let you control the extra mechs. There is a third device to repair that allows mech weight increase.

Flashpoints - Gray Death Legion, Birth of a Legend, Fighting Ghosts, Betrayal ay Helm, Falcon's Fury, Second Try, Battle of Tukiyyad (last three are against Clans), Jinxed, It came from Beyond, The Periphery is a Harsh Mistress. Last three flashpoints act as mini campaigns & will work with BEX.

There are other flashpoints, but I do not know them. There are several other flashpoints installed in BEX.

@ranger101 - I have not installed any mods at this point but I am ready to try!

Thanks for the list! Looks like I need to start with Battletech 3025 Extended - Commanders Edition And the others as well . Thank you for taking the time to respond. Do you have a favorite mod (Besides the one mentioned) that you would recommend?

I'm afraid I am BEX is my favorite. XAI battletech can be interesting, Battletech Advanced 3062 (BTA) moves everything to the Fedcom Civil War time period, Roguetech is stated to be very hard for those who like hard, The Hyades is suposed to be good. The last three flashpoints I mentioned cam from Hyades Rim. There are playthroughs on Youtube on the above Mods.

Just remember to have fun & don't be afraid to restart any mission where you are losing.

Hyades Rim is the mod for you.

Lots of new FP, lots of new factions, lots of new contracts.

Reactions:
I decided to installed Hyades Rim with Mission control last night and will be starting my first mod play through tonight . I am very excited. My plan is to play with a different mod each with a different career start :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just an announcement about the Hyades Rim mod: on the next major update (6.0.0) the standalone Flashpoints will become a part of the story of the new Campaign mode and thus will stop becoming available on Career.

This includes the Periphery Is A Harsh Mistress, Jinxed and It Come From The Rim flashpoints listed before.

Everything else (new star map, contracts, factions, etc.) will still be available on Career.

I decided to installed Hyades Rim with Mission control last night and will be starting my first mod play through tonight . I am very excited. My plan is to play with a different mod each with a different career start :)
You're going to love it.

And, as Hobbes_ notes above, sometime down the road, he will release it all rebundled as a new campaign, involving Kamea being exiled instead of winning back her kingdom, that will be an amazing piece of new content for this game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And, as Hobbes_ notes above, sometime down the road, he will release it all rebundled as a new campaign, involving Kamea being exiled instead of winning back her kingdom, that will be an amazing piece of new content for this game.

It will the 'alternative' story of the Arano Restoration: instead of being declared dead after the Espinosa coup, Kamea is exiled instead and the campaign starts two years later rather than the three years of the original campaign. So Kamea will still win back her kingdom but she's going to take a detour to do it.

• 4Like
Reactions: