• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elothan

Submarines!
96 Badges
Aug 13, 2013
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi.
I am trying to set up a custom category for my symbol pack to use in Stellaris. I currently have them in a "Custom" folder in the flags directory.

The images works exactly as they should, but in the list its category is shown as "FLAG_CATEGORY".
I am guessing I have to add it to a list somewhere, but I cant for the life of me find it.

Any Suggestions ?

It's a localisation issue. You need to find the localisation folder in which file symbol names are stocked. If you add a line for FLAG_CATEGORY : "MyFlag" you'll see MyFlag written ingame.
It would be better to duplicate this file and add it into a mod if you can, so future updates won't erase your modification.
It would be even better to create a new localisation file, but I still haven't been able to do this.

It's a localisation issue. You need to find the localisation folder in which file symbol names are stocked. If you add a line for FLAG_CATEGORY : "MyFlag" you'll see MyFlag written ingame.
It would be better to duplicate this file and add it into a mod if you can, so future updates won't erase your modification.
It would be even better to create a new localisation file, but I still haven't been able to do this.

Managed to get the art into a mod, But it seems to be issues with the localisation file from the mod folder not beeing used, any suggestions ?

(Also thanks, for pushing me to create my very first mod)

Edit: Works, forgetting to remove and end-bracket is a silly thing :p

Last edited:
Managed to get the art into a mod, But it seems to be issues with the localisation file from the mod folder not beeing used, any suggestions ?

(Also thanks, for pushing me to create my very first mod)

Edit: Works, forgetting to remove and end-bracket is a silly thing :p
Well, if it's an bracket thing, you may have resolve my own problem. I had the same problem than you yesterday, the localisation file not been used.
I highjacked an existing localisation file in the meanwhile, and waited to compare my own localisation files with thoses created by other modders.

That's why I love direct download. It always works (contrary to the steamworkshop I can't use for CKII and EU4) and you can see how others resolve problems. :)

If you publish your mod someday, could you send me a link ? More images is more eye-candies, and more eye-candies is good. :)

For me the way to do the localization was:

l_english:
####################################
# Flag Categories
####################################
FLAG_CATEGORY_SFFA-Scott: "Scott's Flags"

(stole it from a worshop mod, so i obviously changed the scotts flag name). The worshop mods are set up like regular, just in a zip file.

For my own mod the bug was the bracket in red (i think that was were it was). I noticed that I had forgot to delete it, and presto. the mod worked.

name="Custom Flag Folder"
path="mod/Custom_flags/}"
tags={
"Graphics"
}
supported_version="1.0.0.0"

As for publishing, might be some time, but I am working on a Alpha Centauri Mod/Convertion (the one in my sig)