Fixed the difficulty for star sytems - and opened up the map and flashpoints

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spartakus

I'm Spartakus
53 Badges
Feb 22, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
Greetings,

I guess I should point this out here as well. I released Version 1.1 of my mod that fixes the campaigns difficulty. With this mod every star system has a fixed difficulty that does not change with campaign progress. You can go ahead and pick any difficulty you like at all time, you just have to fly to a matching system.
Also, the entire map is open as well as flashpoints as soon as you get the Argo.

You can find it under ImprovedDifficulty on Nexusmods.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Seems like the mod is somewhat borked still. I'm playing the campaign with it, and now just completed Panzyr. Independent planetary governments are offering contracts up to 4 skulls, but faction ones are locked to 2 skulls even at honored rep -- and 'disliked' and lower are locked to ZERO skulls thus unavailable.

May have something to do with mod making campaign difficulty stuck at 0 and ContractScope variable, maybe?..

Last edited:
Seems like the mod is somewhat borked still. I'm playing the campaign with it, and now just completed Panzyr. Independent planetary governments are offering contracts up to 4 skulls, but faction ones are locked to 2 skulls even at honored rep -- and 'disliked' and lower are locked to ZERO skulls thus unavailable.

May have something to do with mod making campaign difficulty stuck at 0 and ContractScope variable, maybe?..
Hmmm, I did not have trouble finding missions. That you need to actually put some effort into reputation is working as intended, but being 'disliked' permanently locking you out of contracts is not. Do you by cance have a savegame for testing? It's been almost a year that I wrote the stuff.

And truth be told, I'm not even sure where to fix reputation based stuff.

Hmmm, I did not have trouble finding missions. That you need to actually put some effort into reputation is working as intended, but being 'disliked' permanently locking you out of contracts is not. Do you by cance have a savegame for testing? It's been almost a year that I wrote the stuff.

And truth be told, I'm not even sure where to fix reputation based stuff.
I was able to fix it by changing some strings in SimGameConstants

"LoathedMaxContractDifficulty" : -3 -> 0,
"HatedMaxContractDifficulty" : -2 -> 1,
"DislikedMaxContractDifficulty" : -1 -> 2,
"IndifferentMaxContractDifficulty" : 1 -> 5,
"LikedMaxContractDifficulty" : 2 -> 7,
"FriendlyMaxContractDifficulty" : 3 -> 8,
"HonoredMaxContractDifficulty" : 3-> 9,

The result is rep requirements equal to those in career. Without this adjustment even the max rep granted only 2 skulls contracts. Seems like in campaign there's a buff in milestones that affects this, but in your mod I was stuck with base requirements even after Smithon.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I was able to fix it by changing some strings in SimGameConstants

"LoathedMaxContractDifficulty" : -3 -> 0,
"HatedMaxContractDifficulty" : -2 -> 1,
"DislikedMaxContractDifficulty" : -1 -> 2,
"IndifferentMaxContractDifficulty" : 1 -> 5,
"LikedMaxContractDifficulty" : 2 -> 7,
"FriendlyMaxContractDifficulty" : 3 -> 8,
"HonoredMaxContractDifficulty" : 3-> 9,

The result is rep requirements equal to those in career. Without this adjustment even the max rep granted only 2 skulls contracts. Seems like in campaign there's a buff in milestones that affects this, but in your mod I was stuck with base requirements even after Smithon.
You, good sir, are a hero!
Will fix it as soon as possible.