• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vulture

Aerandir Eärfalas
42 Badges
Mar 20, 2001
www.europa-universalis.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
FIX-IT-YOURSELF-THREAD FOR 1.06

Should obvious buggies that are easy to fix arise in 1.06... You'll find them here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By Panzer Guderian. Will prolly be fixed in the 1.06 April Revision

Panzer Guderian said:
A work around soloution is to download and install the Sprite Pack. You will get much better looking ships, planes, ect. It is located at: http://www.stonyroad.de/_spritesection.php

WARNING!

I had problems getting it to work correctly. However, I also had sprites from two other different sources, all mixed together with the CORE mod, and my own mods. Your install of the sprite pack should work fine, but maybe NOT. Therefore, BACKUP your GFX directory. Just copy and paste to your Hears of Iron directory so you will have a backup. If you have problems, delete the orginal GFX, and rename the copy back to GFX, and you are no worse off than before. To make the fix by hand, like I had to do, do the following:

Again backup your orginal GFX directory. Yes, be a bit paranoid... Install ithe sprite pack into a seperate directory, like \Games\HoI_Sprites, or whatever. Copy from the sprite pack install (the sprite directory structure will mirror the orginal) anything related for FIGHTER GER L2 .BMP or .SPR file from the GFX\pallette (1 file); GFX\MAP\UNITS; and GFX\MAP\UNITS\BMP to the same destination in your HoI game. The files in the UNIT and BMP Directory are devided into three types. A STAND, two FIRE, and a WALK for each compass point, so 11 spr files and 11 bmp files. Just copy and overwrite. Poke around, it will make sense what is needed. I have done this and no problems. The F190 sprite looks very nice.

You can also do this for ships and motorized units, since they look 1000 times better than the orginal sprites. The German L3 and L4 Panzers are also nice, I perfer the orginal L2 panzer to the one in the sprite pack. Would be careful about installing any other sprites from the sprite pack. Should be OK, but I have not tested them yet and had some problems with torpedo bombers displaying correctly. However, I have a lot of mixed up sprites from different sources so probably my setup.

Guess I should have been more specific, I got to the site ok, but the links for the sprite packages on that specific page are not working for me (I posted a message on the SR Forum with the exact error messages I got - waiting for a response).

I did however see their download page, and downloaded hsr102csprites.exe, and ran that. But after getting pointed to Exels sprite pack (which sounded newer, being specific to 1.05) I installed that, and everything seems to be working now.

For anyone interested, here's Exel's pack:

boromir said:
The link to the pack is at the bottom of the first post on this thread:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93043

Last edited:
BUG: USA stops advancing in France (Götterdämmerung scenario only)
Reason: Event 10015 is not in the history section of the scenario file. Event 10015 causes the US AI to load the japanese offensive file.
Fix: Open up the file "Gotterdammerung (1944-1948).eug" in the \scenarios folder with Notepad.

Scroll down toward the bottom and look for the line history = {
above the line should be: #Up to 1st Sep 1939
In the brackets look for the line #AI Events passed
It should look like this:
Code:
		#AI Events passed
		10012 10002 10014	10016	5036 5040 10201 10202 10217 10218 10219 10221 10225

Add the 10015 after the 10012, so it looks like this (only change the part in red):
Code:
		#AI Events passed
		10012 [color=red][b]10015[/b][/color] 10002 10014	10016	5036 5040 10201 10202 10217 10218 10219 10221 10225

Save the file.

If it fails to save or gives some weird error, right click on the file and uncheck "Read Only", save it, then recheck "read only"

I was wondering what happened to the information that was in the 1.05c version of this thread.

In particular I got a 1.05c style problem with my save game file, and was looking for a link to the HOI-fix program.

Fawr said:
In particular I got a 1.05c style problem with my save game file, and was looking for a link to the HOI-fix program.
Try this thread.

No Hungarian Chief of Air Force

Duplicate minister ID in db\ministers\ministers_hun.csv. Chief of Air Force Tomor is 21110 where he should probably be 21010 (replacement Chief of Army von Csatai is also ID 21110). This causes Hungary to have no Chief of Air Force after reloading from save.

UPDATE: This is not fixed in 1.06b. Probably next patch (if any) or next "picture pack".
UPDATE2: Not fixed in 1.06c.

Last edited:
Invulnerable South African armor division

In the 1944 scenario:
In saf.inc the 2nd SA Armoured Division has 'type = 1156' which should be 11156.

UPDATE: Fixed in 1.06b.

Last edited:
No Force Concentration Doctrine from Munich event

In db\events\germany.txt event 2030 (Treaty of Munich) move the gain_tech which = 11400 line above the gain_tech which = 11406 line in action_a. This is needed because you can't get an application from gain_tech unless you have the prerequisite theory first and commands apparently fire in order.

UPDATE: Fixed in 1.06b (Force Concentration Doctrine removed from event).

Last edited:
oddity said:
In my game the scenario keeps freezing on june 1, 1942. Does anyone know what i should do?
For starters, don't post in this thread unless you're posting a fix. You should start a new thread unless there's already a thread about problems on that same date. 2nd, you need to give a lot more information like which scenario, which country you're playing, what the situation is e.g. any ahistorical alliances or events happened, what is happening right before the freeze, is it actually freezing or is it crashing to the desktop.

Event forces alliance with enemy

In patches 1.06-1.06c:
Event 10572 in db\events\ai\ai.txt forces an AI USA into the Allies under certain conditions. This can happen even if USA is currently at war with the Allies. To prevent this add the following to the triggers for that event:

NOT = { war = { country = ENG country = USA } }

(Thanks to MaSo for this fix.)

I see SirReal's post on HOIFIX was deleted, does that program no long work with the current version?

Castellon said:
I see SirReal's post on HOIFIX was deleted, does that program no long work with the current version?
AFAIK it still works. I don't think his post was deleted; I put a link to it in post #10 of this thread. EDIT: now post #11 since his original post was restored.

Last edited:
It is the third deleted post in this thread.
Perhaps we should undelete it.

EDIT: Since no one else has commented either way I have undeleted the post.

Last edited: