• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

es157

Sergeant
10 Badges
Feb 5, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Hi there.

I've been playing the A Game of Thrones mod for about a week. The mod is amazing, but I still can't sit down to enjoy it while I see certain weird issues persist in my playthroughs. I have been trying to edit these issues away in the file that is located in "A Game of Thrones/history/characters", but so far with failed and very bizarre results.

To give some examples of what "issues" I'm talking about, Maester Luwin is not Robb Stark's maester and Sansa is not Joffrey's prisoner when the game starts (in the A Clash of Kings bookmark), even though they should be. I want to correct this.

I'm trying to make Sansa start the game under house arrest and Luwin start with the position of Maester in Robb's council. Besides those, there are some other related things that I'm trying to do, such as making Lucerys Velaryon start the Robert's Rebellion bookmark as the Master-at-Arms to King Aerys II, instead of Willem Darry. This is so because I changed the position of Master-at-Arms into that of Master of Ships, which Lucerys occupied during this period.

The problem is, whenever I try to add the relevant lines of code to the aforementioned file, the results in-game are a complete mess-over of the pre-existing council positions. For example, when I tried to make Lucerys the Master of Ships for Aerys, it turned out that Rhaegar became the Master of Ships instead. I have no idea why.

I seriously need the help of someone who knows how to edit this file correctly.