Fix AI debt spiral / alliance issues. It's been broken for weeks, and it's gamebreaking.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying CK3 was a "maybe" before Emperor's release, now it's clearly a "no" for me. I'm sad to say that, but I have to add Paradox on my (long) list of video game companies I can't trust.

I have to look if I still have a list about companies I can trust actually

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Buying CK3 was a "maybe" before Emperor's release, now it's clearly a "no" for me. I'm sad to say that, but I have to add Paradox on my (long) list of video game companies I can't trust.

Good on you! This is the way to go. If only "gamers unite" wasn't taken by incel nazis. Damn it!

Reactions:

What does the CK3 team have anything to do with this? Holy Fury was an amazing final DLC for CK2, which bodes well for CK3.

Reactions:
What does the CK3 team have anything to do with this? Holy Fury was an amazing final DLC for CK2, which bodes well for CK3.
Not trying to derail this thread, but I will say the current game state of CK2 in many ways mirrors EU4 - many aspects of the game are broken (pagan reformation especially). The difference is that as far as I know, CK2 is not being actively developed anymore. Meaning many of its issues may never be fixed by the devs. I worry that EU4 may eventually be left in a similar state.

• 3Like
Reactions:
You know... We are a few disgruntled customers complaining in a forum... Some small streamers like BudgetMonk, Arumba, Florryworry or Siuking also do their criticism. But... Paradox is a big company with hundreds of employees, quoted on the stock exchange..

I mean, do they really care about this? I bet CK 3 will have 40 000 players day one. What makes money is new shiny things.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Never trust a company that isn't 100% owned by either (a) the people who started it or (b) the entire workforce.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Never trust a company that isn't 100% owned by either (a) the people who started it or (b) the entire workforce.

Even then your can only trust for far. People are deceitful and trust must be earned, not granted.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's more the business wide strategy and approach to how PDX monetises it's products. If there is already, pre-release, a plan for a long pipeline of DLC for CK3, the incentive is wholly there to create a large game with many gaps, which can be filled in with pre-planned content already - much easier than having to come up with wholly new content for your game post release. Given CK3 has already said it *won't* have all the content CK2 has in its current state, and map is considerably expanded, this is a recipe for that sort of approach.

More generally, there is also an issue with QA - if PDX believes in its own mind that it will continuously "improve" its game with regular updates (coupled with DLCs), it removes much of the incentive to produce a quality, functional product, which works on release, because there is a "we can fix that later" mentality. That attitude will be pervasive throughout the company, not just on certain teams.

• 3Like
Reactions:
You know... We are a few disgruntled customers complaining in a forum... Some small streamers like BudgetMonk, Arumba, Florryworry or Siuking also do their criticism. But... Paradox is a big company with hundreds of employees, quoted on the stock exchange..

I mean, do they really care about this? I bet CK 3 will have 40 000 players day one. What makes money is new shiny things.
Maybe CK3 will have thousands, unless its a flop like imperator. It could be very barebone at release , one big DLC is already planned. Well now imperator is decent, paradox games are best bought on a sale or even better or humble bundle with most of the dlc for a few euros.
Seeing such a major bug is not fixed in EU4 and they dont give a fuck about it 2 months later , this show there's management problem inside and you can expect a drop of quality in everything else too.

Reactions:
6698C0A0-08ED-4EA5-BC75-EDD0320CD304.jpeg

• 19Haha
  • 8Like
Reactions:
As far as CK3, I won't touch it until it has many patches. Made the same decision with Stellaris and haven't regretted it, given its current state. Emperor just reinforced my stance.
Yeah just have to look at Stellaris, Imperator, Post-1.25 EU4 and just everything HoI4 to finally accept that PDX no longer deserves a blank cheque.

• 3Like
Reactions:
My days of automatic trust are over too.

Yet it seems that it doesn't matter if they break things to an unplayable state.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It's unfortunate that the current Dev Diaries just aren't that interesting to people who find the game currently not worth playing.

Just posting a roadmap with a bit more detail than, "We're aware of the issue" could've gone a long way.

Something like: "We'll be back at work on x/x. We intend to roll as many quick AI fixes as possible into a patch within x weeks. More complicated fixes will be looked at after that."

I don't think a tiny bit of communication is asking for too much.
That sums it up for me. I have zero interest in reading about new features for a game when a few of that game's core systems are completely broken.

I also agree that the most basic, low-effort reaction from a competent team facing this kind of problem would have been to acknowledge the issue and inform customers about a likely timeline for a fix.

The one-two sucker punches of HOI4 and IMPERATOR put me in the "never again preorder a PDX game" camp. This EMPIRE DLC put me in the "never again buy PDX DLC on day one" camp. PDX has lost the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:

At least not me. ;)

Reactions:
Can you tell me. guys, if t he problem was fixed? Have not opened opened the game anymore since emperor DLC. Thank you!
when they fix the problem there will be a new patch.

until a new patch appears there is not a fix.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Can you tell me. guys, if t he problem was fixed? Have not opened opened the game anymore since emperor DLC. Thank you!

Nothing has been fixed since the 1.30.3 patch on June 23rd. Apparently there was something on twitter about knowledge of the problem a while back, but we haven't gotten a single word here. The hotfixes were mostly for IA gain and UI errors.

• 3Like
Reactions:
im lovin it... I allied the Ottoblob, Dheli and Timurids as Najd to get the 500 sunni provinces and unite the arab world achievement, but get constantly ditched by them, while the Ottomans have anatolia, Balkans, Hungary, half of Austria, already destroyed the Plc together and i own the mamluks. But either way he accumilated 8000 ducats of debt and refuses to play along and he doesnt even have any extensive units above force limit, but he refuses to repay his debt. Same goes for timmy and Dheli but i can handle all my neighbors except mega Spain, which pu'd France and Portugal, on my own. Its just redicolous

Reactions:

This is exactly the position I'm in. Was on the verge of buying CK3 when Emperor came out. I won't be buying until Emperor is fixed

Reactions:
My days of automatic trust are over too.

Yet it seems that it doesn't matter if they break things to an unplayable state.

There was much hate for DDRJake here in the forum but, though I understood the criticism, I liked DDRJake. I liked his work very much.

It is a shame that PDS could not find a way to keep DDRJake on the team. Foreseeing and avoiding game-systemic glitches like the present one is exactly what DDRJake was best at. DDRJake was excellent. PDS has no one that can fill DDRJake's shoes.

One does not wish to criticize personnel decisions, of course. I know nothing about the internal company politics of the matter and, thus, suppose that DDRJake and PDS had sound reasons to part ways. Besides, I appreciate the game's current design leadership for different reasons, yet DDRJake is sorely missed nevertheless.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.