• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(57177)

Corporal
May 19, 2006
It seems im bound to get disapointed att Hoi nowadays, Iv tried Hoi3 a couple of times and its a mess. Now I tried this one, I started to play as sweden. Germany started to do stupid things i Poland, just waited, but finaly they won, I guess it took 6-7 mounth. I joined Germany in early 1940. After norway and Denmark Germany attacked the westfront. They took some provinces then they just stopped. Mounth after mounth, just small stupid attacks even that the odds was exellent (ie 60 division against 10 etc). I loaded the game and had a look what Germany was building etc, and everything was a mess. I hate to have played hours and hours and then just quit because the AI do stupid things.

I remember when I played Hearts of Iron Domsday" + Stonyroad 2.08 a couple of years ago, it work perfectly, I wonder what happend with Hoi and all the mods after that.

Im so angry and disapointed right now, I hope you dont think Im rude, its not my intantion....just frustrated :wacko:

You act pretty immaturely saying that you are angry and disappointed with the mod, its not finished at all yet and there is still much work to do.
Also if you want a total history book WW2 game dont ever play HOI III since its more of a "sandbox game"

I have seen the "problem" with Germany a few times, but that was because France had built a pretty decent army and managed to hold the Germans back in Belgium, its a part of the game

Update

Iv played 2 more mounth, the germans are walking up and down far from the frontline, god idea. And FINALY they attack.....to bad their choice was to attack the maginot line in full frontal, another exilent idea.....40000 more dead germans.

The italiens are also very smart....the northen part of italy is invaded by english and french troop, what do the italiens do? They sends 3 divisions north to defend themselves, they have 9 divisiones in the south who is currently doing absolutly nothing even thou their country is dying, this game is getting better and better :wacko:

Please keep in mind that the AoD version of CORE has been ported over from 0.40 (Armageddon) with a great deal of fixes to enable it to work with the new AoD system. We wanted to get it out so you the public could play as soon as possible, even though there is extensive work still to be done to make the game fully compatible with AoD. Also the latest patch for AoD (1.04RC4) has toned down the values of ARM so we will need to rebalance the values from our end to make the Germans more successful in France. This all takes time and we are constantly updating the code as we encounter new issues and as new patches are released.
We are aware of nearly all of the balance issues and are working to address them. When we release 0.50 it should have most of these major issues sorted out and balanced.

Thanks for bringing your issues to us and we ask that you be patient with us as we work towards porting CORE to be fully compatible with AoD.

Cheers
Justin
el alamein

If you are using Core 049 with 1.04 please do not forget to use the modified misc.txt from my Core quickfixes thread. The modifiers.csv may be needed, too as movement and combat in some areas are affected by this. Sadly this only fully works with a new game. There's also a related suggestion for a value change in misc.txt to shorten battles.

All this may help the AI not to get stuck by simple-looking battlefronts.

The AI has never been good in guarding beaches as it tend to swap units in and out often leaving beaches empty. We are planning an AI-only beach guard for several nations by using dormant locked GAR divisions woken up by full mobilisation to counter this.
We may even install an AI-only Garrison force for Germany so the GER AI does not use HQ, MEC or ARM units to fight partisans in occupied territories.

If you are using Core 049 with 1.04 please do not forget to use the modified misc.txt from my Core quickfixes thread. The modifiers.csv may be needed, too as movement and combat in some areas are affected by this. Sadly this only fully works with a new game. There's also a related suggestion for a value change in misc.txt to shorten battles.

All this may help the AI not to get stuck by simple-looking battlefronts.

The AI has never been good in guarding beaches as it tend to swap units in and out often leaving beaches empty. We are planning an AI-only beach guard for several nations by using dormant locked GAR divisions woken up by full mobilisation to counter this.
We may even install an AI-only Garrison force for Germany so the GER AI does not use HQ, MEC or ARM units to fight partisans in occupied territories.

This will mean no more panzer units guarding beaches? sounds great

In the first game I played, the Germans rolled over the Netherlands, but plucky little Belgium then held them off until June 1945.

Then all of a sudden they rolled through and triggered Vichy, which then triggered the patiently waiting Japan to Pearl Harbor the US, and world war broke out.

Ok, I think I try the basic AoD in wait for for the next version of core. Thanks alot for all your effort!

You could still play CORE 0.49 and familiarise yourself with the changes from vanilla AoD until the next version arrives. I do agree that the stalemate issue is very frustrating. Tegetthoff is on holidays but will be back shortly and we will be going full steam ahead to get the next version out ASAP. Or alternatively you could try CORE 0.40 for HOI Armageddon to get a more satisfying experience of CORE (at least for the moment!)

I'm sure we will get something of a hotfix out once 1.04 is released officially. :)

Please remember that CORE 0.49 was developed and tested for AoD 1.02, and it works reasonably well with this version.

Any installation onto a 1.04 RC is risky and experimental at best.

AND there will be more 1.04 RCs.....

T.

AND there will be more 1.04 RCs.....

Looks like 1.04 has gone to Paradox for Q/A so might not be any more RCs for 1.04 - but then again that means there will probably be a 1.05 down the track lol

RC4 was the last RC, but if you don't want to wait for the official release of v1.04 you might simply ask the devs to get the patch they send to P'dox. A little bit parallel testing might be allowed? ;)

Last edited: