• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bers

<b>Ino-Co</b><br>Lead Programmer
2 Badges
Oct 5, 2007
ino-co.com
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Hi all,

There are two core command line tools for modding:

View attachment Squeezer.exe
Can extract data packs (*.pack)

Use it like this: Squeezer.exe /e d100.pack ./d100

:excl: all data files in subsequent packages replace previous files with the same name. So, if you want to get latest version, f.e., spells.binary, see it in d120.pack first, then in d110.pack and last in d100.pack.

When you want to replace some files, do it like this:
1. place all files into one folder (f.e. "mod")
2. pack files into archive with greater number (f.e. d200.pack) with command line:
Squeezer.exe /d ./mod d200.pack

View attachment TXMLConvert.exe
converts file with binary logic data into xml format.

pay attantion on *.binary files

Place them into game folder (Steam\SteamApps\common\Warlock - Master of the Arcane\)

<< View attachment Warlock_Modding_Tools.rar - both files in a .rar archive in case you have problems getting .exe files >>

Last edited:
Thanks bers,
This is just what I needed to get started. Can't wait to go home now :)
One question: are these generic modding tools or just for Warlock?
Modjo

Thanks for tools

Can you tell me what I am exactly doing wrong with TXMLConvert.exe : D
I'm not a programmer :/
I copied spells.binary and TXMLConvert.exe at one folder. Then i try to open TXMLConvert.exe in cmd.exe with "/tbin spells.binary .\spells" or "/tbin spells.binary spells.xml"
It wrote then - "src file not found: spells.binary"

Thanks for tools

Can you tell me what I am exactly doing wrong with TXMLConvert.exe : D
I'm not a programmer :/
I copied spells.binary and TXMLConvert.exe at one folder. Then i try to open TXMLConvert.exe in cmd.exe with "/tbin spells.binary .\spells" or "/tbin spells.binary spells.xml"
It wrote then - "src file not found: spells.binary"
Hi,
Assuming you have downloaded warlocktools on your desktop, it goes like this:
  1. open cmd.exe
  2. cd Desktop\warlocktools
  3. txmlconv.exe spells.binary
You should now have now a spells.xml file in your folder.
Enjoy!
Modjo

[EDIT] I am using the txml converter from this thread, I hope it works the same.

When i unpack and repack the same file (d110) without any modification the game crash. Any idea of the reason ? (this file don't have the same weight before / after).

original data was packed with special parameters:
* .wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb for "don't compress" and "don't encrypt"
* compression level is 5

example script for repack:
mkdir d110
Squeezer.exe /e d110.pack d110
del /Y d110.pack
Squeezer.exe /d ./d110 d110.pack .wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb .wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb 5

First of all I must thank bers for posting these tools. Much appreciated :)

Then I want to clarify that bers has no official obligation to support modding as it is nothing that they have been contracted to do. Whatever help he offers in these forums is awesome and all that. But if you ask him a question and you don't receive an answer. Please be understanding that he may be busy doing the stuff that he is required to do.

First of all I must thank bers for posting these tools. Much appreciated :)

Then I want to clarify that bers has no official obligation to support modding as it is nothing that they have been contracted to do. Whatever help he offers in these forums is awesome and all that. But if you ask him a question and you don't receive an answer. Please be understanding that he may be busy doing the stuff that he is required to do.

Then a big спасибо to you Bers!

Hi,
I was trying Squeezer out and I got an error message saying:
The program can't start because BMCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
Any idea what I am missing?

Hi,
I was trying Squeezer out and I got an error message saying:
The program can't start because BMCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
Any idea what I am missing?

Did you install to the default location? What OS do you have? What file path is the game installed on?

Sorry I figured out immediately afterwards how to solve this and I meant to delete my post but it didn't work. I just copied the dll from warlock to the folder I am working from. I prefer not to work in the install directory so as to not mess things up.

Hi,

I get an error on startup: "cannot load 'logicparams.binary': TXML file 'logicparams.binary' is not a binary or unknown format!"

I used this to repack: "Squeezer.exe /d ./d140 d140.pack .wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb.wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb 5"

The only file in this folder is "logicparams.binary" (after converting to xml, changing the xml and reconverting to binary with "TXMLConvert.exe \tUTF8 logicparams.binary logicparams.xml" and "TXMLConvert.exe \tUTF8 logicparams.xml logicparams.binary").

Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

I get an error on startup: "cannot load 'logicparams.binary': TXML file 'logicparams.binary' is not a binary or unknown format!"

I used this to repack: "Squeezer.exe /d ./d140 d140.pack .wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb.wav.ogg.ogm.mp3.avi.dds.png.tga.jpg.fev.fsb 5"

The only file in this folder is "logicparams.binary" (after converting to xml, changing the xml and reconverting to binary with "TXMLConvert.exe \tUTF8 logicparams.binary logicparams.xml" and "TXMLConvert.exe \tUTF8 logicparams.xml logicparams.binary").

Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Steff,
Actually you need to use the option \tbin to convert an xml back into binary format. At the moment logicparams.xml and logicparams.binary should have the same size. Try using this instead: "TXMLConvert.exe \tbin logicparams.xml logicparams.binary" and check that the .binary file is smaller than the .xml file.