First Missions achieved, Ready to Jump

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wolfman3000

Recruit
Jul 11, 2020
I have achieved the first Missions. Now i am nearly ready to jump.

What would be good for the First Start ? I can jump into any System, but with mys Lance i could not manage Heavy Mechs.

One Thing i have Problem is, is the Collecting of Wreked Mechs. I need 3 Portions to build a new Chassy.
I have a 50T, two 45T and a 35T Mechs.

I allready learned the Basic taktics, but i have Problems with the Hurting of my Pilots. I disabled Death of Pilots, but i got towait for at least 35 Days.

Better load the Save.

i was able to manage Missions with a half Skull, and maybe one or two with a Full Skull.
But i dont have any Missions from the Goverment.

If i jump into a new System, can i buy at one a Full Chassy, or do i have to buy three Parts ?

You have to be really careful about the skull level until you get your equipment upgraded or you have a better handle on tactics. If you are playing the campaign, you can only go between 3 systems, so it doesn't make much difference where you go. But see if you have an agreeable offer for paid travel as part of a contract.

If you are just starting, try to increase the armor on you starting mechs. It will make them more durable and have fewer pilot injuries. 35 days is a long time in the early game to go without income because you are still paying salaries and maintenance while you wait. It's worth it to remove a weapon (MG, sm. laser, med laser, SRM2) to increase armor.

You can buy fully assembled mechs, but it's usually cheaper to buy the components. Once you have all 3 parts, it is an instant assembly in the mechbay, ready to use or modify as you wish. Just remember that you have bills due every 30 days in the game and not making payroll or upkeep leads to failure. If you are playing the campaign, then the finances will get easier once you start getting Arano missions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Part of the fun of a Campaign is you are challenged to watch everything. I agree with LongRange above. Stick to easy missions for a while until you pick up some extra mechs and mechwarriors. I am 700 days into a Career Campaign. All of my mechs has Cockpit Modifications except one. In my last game a LRM 5 hit my Missile Boat way in the back and wounded the mechwarrior.

A Star League Marauder 2R is around 23 million? c-bills. The three chassis are about 1/4 of that. Wait for the three chassis option.

The early games are real nail biters, as you have no depth to fall back on. Have fun!

try to avoid missions against the pirates as much as possible and get your reputation high with them - getting cheap/early access to the black market is probably the biggest swing in difficulty you can get in Battletech

• 1Like
Reactions:
What NGV said it true. Your status with them will also make a difference in how much you pay to gain access to the black market, when the offer finally arrives.

Also, look for contracts with the planetary government as the opfor. This way you don’t incur any negative rep when you win.