• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a bit confused by the calls for another zoom level. Doesn't a higher resolution just mean you can see more because you have a larger screensize without compromising the size of things? I mean isn't the text on 800x600 on a small screen the same size as a 1680x1050 on a big widescreen? So I don't really see why you can't read things.

The closest zoom level is good to play in places like Iberia, France or Italy, while in regions as Rusia or China is better to play at mid level zoom.

But in the german region of Europe there are too many provinces/countries/banners/armies and even at the closest zoom it's hard to point the desired item. The wide screen resolutions only adds more provinces/countries/banners/armies to the left and rigth, but not address the problem. That's why people ask for another zoom level.

Also, in 800x600 the left panel (the one where you read ecomonic sheet or move slides and internal policies) is 300 pixels high (half screen) while in higher resolutions this same panel is also 300 pixel high, so the higher resolution the smaller is such panel... but this is not an issue related to zoom.

question to developers:

any plans for having a scenario which somewhat includes the timeframe 1204 - 1261?

But in the german region of Europe there are too many provinces/countries/banners/armies and even at the closest zoom it's hard to point the desired item. The wide screen resolutions only adds more provinces/countries/banners/armies to the left and rigth, but not address the problem. That's why people ask for another zoom level.

Also, in 800x600 the left panel (the one where you read ecomonic sheet or move slides and internal policies) is 300 pixels high (half screen) while in higher resolutions this same panel is also 300 pixel high, so the higher resolution the smaller is such panel... but this is not an issue related to zoom.

My point is that nothing is smaller. The size of the panels, provinces, armies etc are exactly the same as they were when EU2 was released in 2001 the only difference being that screens have got bigger giving the illusion of things being smaller. Nobody complained about things being too small in 2001. Strange how so called 'progress' makes us worse off.

any plans for having a scenario which somewhat includes the timeframe 1204 - 1261?

I'm working on a 1205 scenario for Medieval World 3.

The FAQ and reviews make lots of comparisons between FTG and EUII, and FTG and EUIII. These both seem to ignore the most meaningful comparison, which would be FTG to AGCEEP. The "playthisthing" interview should be comparing them, but doesn't actually do it in that review. What does this offer that AGCEEP doesn't?

The FAQ and reviews make lots of comparisons between FTG and EUII, and FTG and EUIII. These both seem to ignore the most meaningful comparison, which would be FTG to AGCEEP. The "playthisthing" interview should be comparing them, but doesn't actually do it in that review. What does this offer that AGCEEP doesn't?

I was worried about using the AGCEEP because there might be too many events but actually I found it quite the opposite:D The War of the Roses (as England) has pleasing asthetic events but they dont seem to scale to the game. I would not blame the Ageep for that but rather there is only so much depth you can model in EU. Hopefully the guys that do FTG will be able to eventually take EU to its component parts and assemble a new game and get what we hoped iii might have been.

In the meantime it plays well (bar a few crashes) England plays different than Poland, Poland plays different than Portugal and Portugal plays different than the Ottomans so the replay is there.