• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First impressions = Love it :)

It's good. I was sorta looking around and going ":eek:" at how everyone was vassalizing each other though. :p

What's the deal with this? I love it over the EU2 version but why is it so widespread?

*edit* and why do we have a ghost-page?

Maybe I'll have to try this game out. I enjoyed EU2 in the past, and never really got into EU3 that much...

Unfortunately it still use small fleets in naval battles. This made it really easy for me to defeat the Dutch navy even though they had far more ships than I had as I could let my main fleet of 30 ships attack their fleets of 5-6 ships. After 2-3 wars their navy was almost destroyed. They also did a couple of invasion attempts with 4-5k soldiers that I easily destroyed. I hope this will be dealt with in future patches.

It's not a real fix but I just limit the size of my fleets to 5-10 ships. It evens out the playing field so to speak. The only exception is my invasion fleets, which are larger. I don't think there is going to be a fix to this problem because it's been in all the EU games.

Joe

This is the first time since HOI2 that I've been quite impressed by the demo. I encountered a few bugs (the Hussites problem which has already been addressed, but also apparently one year I didn't get a census tax) and CTDs, but nothing apparently game-breaking. At first I was dissapointed by the decision to include EU3's music instead of keeping EU2's, but the difference doesn't seem too jarring; the colors, particularly in the political map, seem too dark, but that's all just minor. The important thing is that playing it is fun, and it is.

It's not a real fix but I just limit the size of my fleets to 5-10 ships. It evens out the playing field so to speak. The only exception is my invasion fleets, which are larger. I don't think there is going to be a fix to this problem because it's been in all the EU games.

Joe

I usually play with some houserules to even out the playing field (such as only using autosend merchants etc.) so I understand what you mean and I guess I can add this one as well. Unfortunately, as you said, houserules is no good fix. And I'm aware that the problem have existed in all EU games. Hopefully the FtG team can solve it.

reporting from a past devdiary:

Adjacencies
In FTG, you will find two new adjacencies.
The first one is a land connection. It can be a path through Permanent Terra Incognita between two or more provinces. The second one is a winter conditions connection between two adjacent provinces. If one of the provinces is under winter conditions, movement between the two provinces is forbidden and a little red cross appears on the map. Movement of armies that began before the winter conditions are then stopped if winter conditions are still present at the end of the required movement time.

Well, I like the new feature, but why not extend it to Pyrenées and Alps and any other mountain chain which could have been difficult to cross at those times?

Done and added something other.

Another impression about agceep mod, is Russian colonization stopped in a certain way by this new winter feature, as they didn't crossed the urals during gameplay?

Well, the same issue of lack of colonization I have seen from Spain and Portugal in South America too, but not in South East Asian islands.
I have also seen some Spaniards in New Zealand and Russians in Oregon in early 18th century... :eek:

Got the game and love the 1920*1200 the only thing I would ask for is for another zoom level if that is possible? (it gets a bit cramped round Calais)

Couple of crashes but what the f*** im sure they will be fixed

Hopefully the product will continue to be improved, 3d added nothing this looks and plays better than III

And no dopey causeway at Dover :)

I´m a bit interested in this game since it´s portrayed as very historical... I´ve only played EU III (with Magna mundi) and HOI2.

How does this game compare to EU III with a mod? Like MM?

I´m a bit interested in this game since it´s portrayed as very historical... I´ve only played EU III (with Magna mundi) and HOI2.

How does this game compare to EU III with a mod? Like MM?
See this thread :).

Lovely! I dropped EU3 IN when I as Poland saw my country being divided in 3 equal parts catholic, protestant and reformed. Realized then that I like it a bit more historical. For safety's sake I started as Muscowy so I can at least complete one game if religious strife goes haywire again. So far it's been mostly up to long term planning and General Winter to save my behind, as it should be. :D

Only thing that is bugging me is that the game won't save if I don't start it by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator". Yep, that is a Windows thing, not a game thing, I know, but it still irks me when I get a lovely peace offer from Lithuania after a grueling long war that has my war exhaustion stretched to the limit and then.... the games crashes on when I attempt to save. Luckily the yearly autosave usually means I can rather easily reproduce the result quite quickly.

Only thing that is bugging me is that the game won't save if I don't start it by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator". Yep, that is a Windows thing, not a game thing, I know, but it still irks me when I get a lovely peace offer from Lithuania after a grueling long war that has my war exhaustion stretched to the limit and then.... the games crashes on when I attempt to save. Luckily the yearly autosave usually means I can rather easily reproduce the result quite quickly.
Install outside Program files or just edit the properties of the executable and you will forget this problem for good.

I'd echo the call for another zoom level; especially in AGCEEP some of the flags and shields can get very difficult for me to distinguish with their tiny size and my color-blindness.

I also noticed an issue in AGCEEP but there's probably a better place for me to post it. Basically though, there are a lot of event-granted vassalizations, and it seems like in about 90% of cases they're broken almost instantly after the event, which seems to defeat the purpose.

I'm a bit confused by the calls for another zoom level. Doesn't a higher resolution just mean you can see more because you have a larger screensize without compromising the size of things? I mean isn't the text on 800x600 on a small screen the same size as a 1680x1050 on a big widescreen? So I don't really see why you can't read things.

As a precision, writings in FTG with the Modern font are the same size as the writings in standard Windows interface for me and it means 10 points for this size. Writings on this board for information about avatars (Join Date, location, etc) are even smaller but still easily readable.

Last edited: