• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've started my first game as Spain in ACGEEP, 1520 scenario. It's only 1527, but can already outline certain points:

1. Minor improvements facilitated management of vast empire immensely! Mouse zooming, tooltips, mapmodes... Moreover, a new graphics (in addition to improvements) grants a certainly new feel of the game - it feels more modern, and Mini analogy was absolutely relevant.

2. I played first years without music, but later I turned it on... the whole new dimension was added to the game! Contributing to complete immersion, and setting a calm-paced renaissance background. Is this a music from EU3? If it is, then it was not more than repetitive annoyance there, but here it fits the atmosphere completely.

What else can I say - the game definitely worth those 20 ducats :)
Great job!

I had high expectations for FTG considering EU2 is a great game and perhaps the perfect candidate for such an update. I have played the game for a short while and haven't had any bugs whatsoever, all these little changes make the game lot more enjoyable.

That being said, there are a couple of things that I think could be improved (perhaps easily).

The first one is having keys for switching between mapmodes, I noticed there is a text file with the key mappings, so maybe it is just a matter of knowing the right "action ids"?

The second thing is the autosending of merchants, the system seems to be the exact same as in EU2 (which was useless). What would be great is a way to autosend merchants only to specific trade centers, or even better something like the EU3 priority system.

Thanks for your time.

P.S.
Merci a toute l'équipe pour votre excellent travail! ;)

Last edited:
The second thing is the autosending of merchants, the system seems to be the exact same as in EU2 (which was useless). What would be great is a way to autosend merchants only to specific trade centers, or even better something like the EU3 priority system.

Completely agree about merchants, something similar to EU3(NA and IN) system would be welcome. Or, perhaps, there could be a way for a player to "check" several CoTs, narrowing the automatic Ai's choice from all known CoTs to several potentially profitable ones.

Well apart from the issues I had at first I managed to get the game working. This is the first time I've played on EU2 and I went ahead and got straight into the ACGEEP Mod with England. I have to say, I love it:D. So many nice historical events I absolutely loved it.

I can't wait to give other nations a good go with this mod, such as Spain, Russia ect.

Just bought it, for the glory!

As a first timer to EU2 I must say the tutorial is a must to play. Very complete. :) I just finished and and I will now start my first game.

Edit:
AGCEEP is like Vanilla but more events right?
And in the future it will get a new map?

Last edited:
but its some ahistory that sticks you know! I like to take it historically, but in summer vacations i was playing AGCEEP with the english, and since i didnt know their history, i didnt know which of the royal houses should be in power historically. I played it 2 times with leading both houses to power in them, noticing that, after reading on wikipedia bout it, the historical deal had slightly more events, thats how believable that was :)

Why do I hear EU3-music rather than our original EU2 OST? Whyyyyy?:D
licensing costs.
That would have get me buying the FTG / EU2 bundle.

I did not see the benefit of buying EU2 as FTG seems an improved EU2. And I prefer to play a game with an "original" music rather than the same used for EU3.
Too bad that the bundle disappeared.

Congrats to the team as the feedback is very positive.

just played for a while with Poland in GC.

few things I didn't understand well. When I was at war with the Teutonic Knights and conquered Gdansk and 1 other territory and the Lithuanians managed to siege and get prussia the peace got signed by the Lithuanians and I got Gdansk....how come they ware the alliance leaders? :confused:
I started the war!? what gives?

also another thing is that I see many massages popping up and disappearing just as fast. no idea what they are about. Is it due to my game speed? I tried changing the message setting to stop the game but no change..

Other than that I love the game so far :)

it doesnt matter who starts the war, the alliance leader is always the same person if you invite your alliance to the war. Only way for you to be leader is to cancel current alliance and invite the lithuanians to a new one making u the leader, or going to war and not inviting allies to it.

it doesnt matter who starts the war, the alliance leader is always the same person if you invite your alliance to the war. Only way for you to be leader is to cancel current alliance and invite the lithuanians to a new one making u the leader, or going to war and not inviting allies to it.

they ware my vassals why ware they the leader? :confused:

Just played it for the first time and I'm very impressed. It looks better, feels better but unfortunately don't sound better (I miss the falalalalan).
When the new AGCEEP map is released, it will be perfect!

Hahaha, you must be one of the few to miss the falala song. :D

they ware my vassals why ware they the leader? :confused:
Vassal-overlord relationship isn't the same as alliance in EU2 and FTG. Country A can be a vassal of country B while country A can still be the military alliance leader.

Vassal-overlord relationship isn't the same as alliance in EU2 and FTG. Country A can be a vassal of country B while country A can be the military alliance leader.

well that explains it :)

now if someone could help me out with the weird messages I can go to sleep happy :p

Hahaha, you must be one of the few to miss the falala song. :D

Well it wasnt that nice, but then you kinda miss hearing it, its just familiar and cozy you know, you feel at home hearing it and playing eu2 :D

well that explains it :)

now if someone could help me out with the weird messages I can go to sleep happy :p
Could you see the content of those messages? If yes, what were they? If no - I guess I can't help you, you'd better ask the devs about it.