• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11366)

Khan of the Crimea
Oct 21, 2002
bgreinhart.wordpress.com
Well, just about a half hour ago I bought Two Thrones. My mom took me off to GameStop and I didn't really have to ask her to: one subtle hint, and there we went. What a great Mom :)

The manual is small, and not very well written. Being the son of a former English college professor, I spotted all the weird wordages ("actions in the Two Thrones") and run-on sentences. But anyways...

The game installed perfectly fine. When I loaded it I was initially impressed by the nice frontend, chose Brittany (after reading the forums here it seemed wise) and got dropped into the game.

The manual isn't quite adequate. I spent the first five minutes reading through it again and learning tricks, then realized there isn't much to do. Getting bored, (having upgraded a city) I invaded Anjou. Right now my cavalry is standing in Anjou besieging the province, but the manual was wrong when it said the city wall would be on fire to indicate siege, because it isn't.

I entered an alliance with England a day (!) after marrying into their royal family...but really, aside from watching the siege and going around upgrading buildings, there isn't much to do.

The lack of music is not at all important. What I really don't like is the helpful way in which the interface completely forgets to tell you which armies and navies belong to which country. Hold your mouse over a foreign army--it'll tell you exactly how many men there are, but not what country they're from. And the colors don't necessarily match those of the nation they represent (Brittany = blue and white?).

But all in all, it's good so far... worth the US-$20, but I don't know if I'd pay that much more. We'll see how things go later on in the game...

EDIT: Correction; the city wall is now on fire to indicate siege :)

Screenshots up soon, maybe.

Last edited:
Mounds of crap! I captured Anjou (FINALLY) and it became part of Orleans!!?!

10 extra euros? Is...wait...32 or 35 dollars? I don't know if I would. If you can't wait for something to do until CK, sure, but otherwise you might be disappointed.

Although when I fired it up I didn't really like it, I'm feeling more generous now... it's better than I first thought. Good for a few nights' entertainment, as Johan said, but not in the league of EUII.

Patricius said:
Two Thrones appears to have a UK release date of 7 May. Is it therefore worth the 10 or so Euros extra in postage it might cost to order it from the US?

Not really.

--
EnPeaSea

10 extra euros? Is...wait...32 or 35 dollars?
Dunno how your calculating things but 10 Euro's = 12.6939 USD which in turn = £6.8, not bad for postage, and if I could import the gam for $20+$12 postage which then = £16-17 its not a bad price at all, now if only I had the money :) (Hates being a poor student :()

Patricius said:
10 Euros is just a notional amount for postage. It would most likely be twice that and more again if I would wish to see it within a reasonable time frame.
Then you would probably do best to wait.

The lack of music is not at all important. What I really don't like is the helpful way in which the interface completely forgets to tell you which armies and navies belong to which country. Hold your mouse over a foreign army--it'll tell you exactly how many men there are, but not what country they're from. And the colors don't necessarily match those of the nation they represent (Brittany = blue and white?).

One of the few "beef's" that I have with the game. All-in-all, I like the game and consider it will worth the $20.00US. I have found it to be a prefect game when doing things around the house. I set it to the slo-mo (5 minutes = 1 month), give my orders and go work on "honey-do's." I check-in about every 15 minutes and give new orders.

I just got my fleet annihilated because I thought Green & White was one of those Dutch countries, whereas it was really Castile! Whoever heard of Castile being green?

:mad:

Yeah, the game badly needs a simple identifier (text) for armies or fleets, just above the quantities readout. It's next to impossible determining who's who and where's where without pausing and clicking all over the map to locate countries of origin, especially with minor provinces. :wacko:

I agree. It is hard to know what unit is with what group. The pop up window should tell you what nation owns that force.

I wish i could play other nations like Scotland. Actually, I would like all of the nations on the map to be playable.

Other than that, I like the game. It is a fun little game to play.

There is a "production" situation between Brest and Nantes. When building in one... it limits your ability to build in the other. Both ports do front on the same sea area. This may be a "governor" to keep Brittainy from becoming to strong.

The market in Ireland should be re-located. it is very difficult to find... among all those rocks.

Just got the game for my birthday. First game I decide to play as Navarra since that was the last country I did a WC in EUII. Start playing the game - and notice the HUUGGGEEEE army Castille has. Restart as Brittany. By 1560 all the nearby minors are mine. Spend 8 years building up an army, and declare was vs. France. Manage to beat their large army and am now eating away at all their land.

So far nothing has challenged me. Before declaring on France I set the difficulty up from normal/normal to very hard/furious. Is it always this easy ??