• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome to the forum, where 'game is broken and dead, dev's suck, worst patch ever, rip game' is the new standard.

I do actually feel sorry for the dev's, someone on Reddit said that all the AE modifiers went down to 0.1 from 0.08, for PU's it's 0.8. So it's probably a typo... They are hearing stuff like above for a small typo that is probably hotfixed in a week or so. Must be very demotivating.
Yeah but here is the thing. That should have been an EASILY catchable bug with even a little proper testing. Also, not for nothing, but hey if your job is based on doing stuff like that correctly, it seems like you should be checking and verifying that stuff before publishing it. Part of the reason that people and places are not obsessive about quality control and verifying stuff like that is because society and consumers just let them escape it endlessly.

Another thing, if you MEANT to actually make it .08 (which appears likely based on other changes), then why defend the change against the initial complaints of "why did it skyrocket"? That tells me one of a few things...either you did not understand or actually read the complaints and just responded based on your belief that you actually LOWERED it to .08 instead of the previous .1, which makes zero sense, OR you DID mean to change it to .8 and actually wanted to INCREASE it 8x but did not actually playtest anything to actually see how increasing ANY mechanic by SEVEN HUNDRED PERCENT would play out in real world gameplay. I am all for being forgiving for mistakes and such, but it has gotten pretty tiresome the endless need to "cut slack" for continual sloppy work, careless mistakes, poorly implemented cash grabs, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The C-team strikes again.
So this means they designed entire mission trees for major nations like Austria and Bavaria around a "bug" and then *fixed the bug*???? I'm speechless.

Hey guys turns out a central mechanic to our previous 3 updates was a bug, we fixed it now you're welcome

Last edited:
  • 12Haha
Reactions:
Yeah but here is the thing. That should have been an EASILY catchable bug with even a little proper testing. Also, not for nothing, but hey if your job is based on doing stuff like that correctly, it seems like you should be checking and verifying that stuff before publishing it. Part of the reason that people and places are not obsessive about quality control and verifying stuff like that is because society and consumers just let them escape it endlessly.

Another thing, if you MEANT to actually make it .08 (which appears likely based on other changes), then why defend the change against the initial complaints of "why did it skyrocket"? That tells me one of a few things...either you did not understand or actually read the complaints and just responded based on your belief that you actually LOWERED it to .08 instead of the previous .1, which makes zero sense, OR you DID mean to change it to .8 and actually wanted to INCREASE it 8x but did not actually playtest anything to actually see how increasing ANY mechanic by SEVEN HUNDRED PERCENT would play out in real world gameplay. I am all for being forgiving for mistakes and such, but it has gotten pretty tiresome the endless need to "cut slack" for continual sloppy work, careless mistakes, poorly implemented cash grabs, etc.

Honestly, I get your point. But the thing is, there are so many things like this, especially with 450+ bug fixes and other changes. To notice this specific bug in a game, you would need to do a game as one of +- 5 countries and play long enough to PU another country. I get that it feels like a hard thing to miss, but there are so many of these small changes in it, and this game is so complicated (and the code probably even more), that it is impossible to notice the impact of changes like this.

Do you remember the bug in 1.30 when you place dynasty on throne and this gave massive AE for hindu countries but only when hindu countries did it. This is a mechanic that these countries don't even use. I get that it shouldn't happen and that it is annoying, but how should they have found this one out?

Should we bew obsessive about quality control and verifying? Sure we can, but also remember that these are humans like you and me. We make mistakes, they make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. Only problem is that mistakes of them are put under a magnifying glass.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I get your point. But the thing is, there are so many things like this, especially with 450+ bug fixes and other changes. To notice this specific bug in a game, you would need to do a game as one of +- 5 countries and play long enough to PU another country. I get that it feels like a hard thing to miss, but there are so many of these small changes in it, and this game is so complicated (and the code probably even more), that it is impossible to notice the impact of changes like this.

Do you remember the bug in 1.30 when you place dynasty on throne and this gave massive AE for hindu countries but only when hindu countries did it. This is a mechanic that these countries don't even use. I get that it shouldn't happen and that it is annoying, but how should they have found this one out?

Should we bew obsessive about quality control and verifying? Sure we can, but also remember that these are humans like you and me. We make mistakes, they make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. Only problem is that mistakes of them are put under a magnifying glass.
You can get a PU in the first 5 years as Austria though, its literally their first mission...

I read on a post the other day that they run AI simulations and check the way the game plays out, why don't they just apply that here? If Austria are going to get ruined due to coalitions then that would show up on 90% of these simulations. It's not something that's particularly hard to spot if one of the strongest powers in the game gets wrecked during every campaign

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can get a PU in the first 5 years as Austria though, its literally their first mission...

I read on a post the other day that they run AI simulations and check the way the game plays out, why don't they just apply that here? If Austria are going to get ruined due to coalitions then that would show up on 90% of these simulations. It's not something that's particularly hard to spot if one of the strongest powers in the game gets wrecked during every campaign
They posted four overnight runs, in two of them there was a massive ottomans. in the other one a 'normal' Austria and in one a destroyed Austria. That is imo not very different from the Austria's on the previous patch, sometimes succesful, but not often living up to history.

Yes, these overnight runs could have pointed to a weak Austria, but if you only watch a timelapse or the end result, that doesn't really show a problem like this.

They posted four overnight runs, in two of them there was a massive ottomans. in the other one a 'normal' Austria and in one a destroyed Austria. That is imo not very different from the Austria's on the previous patch, sometimes succesful, but not often living up to history.

Yes, these overnight runs could have pointed to a weak Austria, but if you only watch a timelapse or the end result, that doesn't really show a problem like this.
In reality there's probably too many nuances and ways a game can play out to use this as a valid way of testing, but at the same time a few more than 4 runs would be a better sample size at least

Am I going crazy or is it much different to play as a vassal now? I tried playing as an Ethiopian vassal and could not gain any support from anybody who did not border Ethiopia directly. Sorry but was this a listed change in the patch notes?

Welcome to the forum, where 'game is broken and dead, dev's suck, worst patch ever, rip game' is the new standard.

I do actually feel sorry for the dev's, someone on Reddit said that all the AE modifiers went down to 0.1 from 0.08, for PU's it's 0.8. So it's probably a typo... They are hearing stuff like above for a small typo that is probably hotfixed in a week or so. Must be very demotivating.
Its a good theory, but Johan has stated that the PU AE changes as they stand are WAD.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Am I going crazy or is it much different to play as a vassal now? I tried playing as an Ethiopian vassal and could not gain any support from anybody who did not border Ethiopia directly. Sorry but was this a listed change in the patch notes?
This has been the case for a while, you can only ask for support for independence from countries that can get to you or your overlord without any military access.

Reactions:
1636665509409.png

This is broken since 1.31. Can you please fix it Devs?

• 1Like
Reactions:

I appreciate and recognize your well reasoned and intelligent response that honestly evaluates not only your view but other views on the situation. While I disagree as to the degree to which I feel tolerance and latitude should be extended, especially based on the significance of the issue, the ease of catching it, my personal views on the importance of QC/QA vis a vie speed of release and the already used up well of good will for honest mistakes at PDX, I recognize your point and respectfully disagree.

• 6Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
So, I consoled my way to AUS->BOH pu in order to get around the AE craziness.

However, now I'm getting the -50 "Controlling other Electors" that used to not be present for PUs, only for vassals.

It is entirely possible that using the console broke this, but also entirely possible this is something that should be double checked before the hot patch is released.

Can I start a new campaign, or should I wait for a patch or two? I'm a casual player with just a few hundred hours played, don't know how gamebreaking these bugs are and if a new patch will ruin the save or not.
If I don't buy the DLC I will avoid these issues?

Can I start a new campaign, or should I wait for a patch or two? I'm a casual player with just a few hundred hours played, don't know how gamebreaking these bugs are and if a new patch will ruin the save or not.
If I don't buy the DLC I will avoid these issues?
As far as I’m aware the issues are in 1.32 update regardless of the DLC being purchased or not… depends what you want to play really, nations outside of Christian Europe are going to be unaffected by this issue really, so they’re still playable

The problem is not the typo. The problem is devs didnt notice the PU thing and corrected it before release. It shows they didnt play the patch. Or at least didnt play enough.

If the blame is on content creators, coders, QA team, it doesnt matter. The blame is on the team and the firm as a whole. After the disaater Leviathan and 1.31 were all we could hope is they would be more cautious before releasing 1.32 and Origins.

I really dont understand why there are so many players who act like devs and their employer cant be criticized, as if they are deving games as a favor to us, an act of love and friendship, instead of selling products for profit.

I guess if you go to a restaurant and your dinner comes with hair on it you just say "ok, no reason to complain, just a small mistake, I know next time my dinner will not be so disgusting, if I complain now maybe the chef will get demotivated"...

Edit: indeed the bigger problem is the development one, it is gamebreaking for people who want to play tall or want to dev for institutions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The problem is not the typo. The problem is devs didnt notice the PU thing and corrected it before release. It shows they didnt play the patch. Or at least didnt play enough.

If the blame is on content creators, coders, QA team, it doesnt matter. The blame is on the team and the firm as a whole. After the disaater Leviathan and 1.31 were all we could hope is they would be more cautious before releasing 1.32 and Origins.

I really dont understand why there are so many players who act like devs and their employer cant be criticized, as if they are deving games as a favor to us, an act of love and friendship, instead of selling products for profit.

I guess if you go to a restaurant and your dinner comes with hair on it you just say "ok, no reason to complain, just a small mistake, I know next time my dinner will not be so disgusting, if I complain now maybe the chef will get demotivated"...

Edit: indeed the bigger problem is the development one, it is gamebreaking for people who want to play tall or want to dev for institutions.
Of course you’re free to blame whoever you want. I would much prefer to have new content and bug fixes twice as fast but have to wait a few days for a hot fix every release. And yes, catching every major bug pre-release would double development time, easily.

Last edited:
Reactions:
PU AE should have been easy to catch... there's at least 3 European GPs (Austria, France, Spain, and maybe England) where it should show up in the first hundred years. I caught it in a few hours playtime on France this morning when restoration on Milan was 80 AE. It's great that they're doing nightly automated simulations now, but they definitely should have some QA testers that are knowledgeable and skilled at certain GPs in order to play test campaigns considering how popular these nations are among players.

Reactions: