• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SPAMbuca

General
55 Badges
Jan 12, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
What are your first impressions for the new update? These are the things I noticed:

The new monuments cause at least some powercreep. Also as they bring modifiers that stack with existing monuments like the AE reduction in Jaunpur and Ayuthaya. On top of that, there seems to be monuments that stack trade power, merchants, manpower, religious unity government capacity and perhaps the most powerful thing; Imperial Authority. Revoking the priviligia was the quickest way to do world conquest perhaps along with playing a horde and it's been made easier.

The new AE is nice but can cause a bit of a powercreep as well as you just get to expand quicker. I did a quick test. In 1.31. taking your French cores back as France was 24 AE. Now it's 19. What used to be 100 warscore is now 86. Assuming some rounding up/down was done I'd say AE was reduced by about 20%? With the possibility to reduce the remaining 80% further, including a new monument, a run like Jaunpur > Delhi > Bharat is becoming even easier than it used to be.

The new mission trees are nice; some tags in Africa are clearly boosted. The most clear one seems to be Adal that went from 41 dev to `58 and has a great new mission tree. It might be my fault but I'd like to know the requirements to form all new formables like Aksum and I can't find them. Aksum is probably Ethiopia exclusive maybe as it's mentioned in the mission tree, but I'd like it confirmed.

Overall I feel the patch makes the game easier and I'll do a run to see how much I can blob compared to the previous patch. Do people mind the game has been made significantly easier or would they prefer some nerfs? Especially the stacking effects from more monuments might be a bit OP.

Reactions:
Oh I get why they wanted to change it and I can't say it's a flawed way of thinking, but the overall result for me is that the game is been made easier because of it. I have yet to test how much this influences things for me of course, but the reduction and ability to take more is quite significant for me.

Reactions:
I was really looking forward to seeing a peace deal without a diplomat free, but it only works from the diplo tab, not from the war interface. While right clicking the shield should also take you to the sue for peace screen, just like from the diplo tab, that doesn't work either if you don't have a free diplomat. So a future QoL pass regarding this feature would be to make it work from the war icon/shield too, not just the diplo screen of your opponent.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hate the Mali estate revolt. It's more punishing than challenging. MTTH is like 3 months? If I could have used the estate's manpower, I.ve already achieved military hegemony.

• 3Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Oh I get why they wanted to change it and I can't say it's a flawed way of thinking, but the overall result for me is that the game is been made easier because of it. I have yet to test how much this influences things for me of course, but the reduction and ability to take more is quite significant for me.
One of my friends is someone who always hated AE and how it works. For me AE was just a number that you could always keep in check and coalitions were easy to fight since you could just betray your allies or give up useless consessions that in the end you could just take back with ease.

Reactions:
You'd be right depending on the region. Before you could for example completely ignore AE in Peru, East Africa and if you know how to truce rotate, India. I'd still say it makes things easier still as you need to truce rotate less for multiple reasons. Tags are disbanded quicker as you can take more without being penalized for it, you can demand more in 1 war and because of that, you snowball quicker as well.

So yes, AE was a flawed concept maybe. Then again, we got thousands of hours into this game so it's no surprise we can circumvent it at least, but in my experience it did not have to be made easier. But that's a personal observation. Maybe everyone else doesn't feel that way.

Reactions:
shared in one of the discord channels I'm in. It seems forcing a union over Bohemia as Austria has been something like 80 AE which seems unintended. He used the cb he got from the mission tree.

unknown.png

Reactions:
Yeah it barely gave any AE before but it did give some. Something like 10 I recall? Extremely low. 80 however seems extremely high as that will always cause a massive coalition. Unless you get it through different means (aka be very lucky or save scum it), your progress in the mission tree is locked behind a huge wall of AE unless you manage to cut Bohemia down to size before then.

• 2Like
Reactions:
What about army tradition affecting development costs? Where was this announced? View attachment 772382

had the same problem , is this working as intended ? Lovest development province cost is about 250 mana.
Do you have Conquest of Paradise disabled? It is a native modifier which causes this issue

We are aware of it and have prepared a fix for the upcoming hotfix. Until then I recommend having Conquest of Paradise active to avoid this issue

• 2Like
Reactions:
This one I don't understand the reasoning of. Why wouldn't other countries be angry if you become the king of a country forcefully? Especially a big kingdom like Bohemia.
Real history indicates countries get their panties in a twist for multiple decades for just Milan or Naples. But getting a coalition for each expansion won't make the game very fun to play.

At this rate you might even wonder the use of PU's as regular expansion is easier and cheaper now and you get the benefits right away instead of having to integrate them after 50 years.

Reactions:
The issue is not that Austria conquered like crazy, but that the game offers a mission to get a PU and when doing that basically all of Europe hates you. It is especially bad for Austria and other countries that got MULTIPLE of such missions in their missions trees.

Either they do them and get a coalition against them, or they are locked out of big parts of their mission tree.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd like to provide another example of a country that was fun to play before but is now.... Sort off stuck to the point it can't form Bavaria until mid game perhaps.

Both PU's give 49 AE without modifiers. Both PU's aren't enough to form Bavaria yet.

727820D2004341426646B614C756021FD9A1E429

• 5Like
Reactions:
It might be my fault but I'd like to know the requirements to form all new formables like Aksum and I can't find them. Aksum is probably Ethiopia exclusive maybe as it's mentioned in the mission tree, but I'd like it confirmed.
I was looking for this too and it's pretty weird. Medri Bahri, Janjiro [EDIT: not Janjiro no], Damot [was actually the decision to reform Ethiopia] and probably a few others have the decision from the start, but for instance Kaffa doesn't have it when it's the same culture and religion as Janjiro? [EDIT: Tigrean culture nations (only Medri Bahri without culture switch), and Ethiopia can form it]
I tried some more stuff using cheats and I also got weird results, for instance Shewa being coptic and Amharic culture (the same culture as Ethiopia I believe ; on top of it being in the same culture group is usually enough for a formable right?) doesn't seem to be able to form Aksum either.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: