- Nov 7, 2018
It is in ethopians missions on the rights mission tree, after getting all of somalia and 25 provinces of arabia. There is then a decision to become askum or to remain ethopia but get the decision (probs for getting the ethopian ideas with the colour of askum).What are your first impressions for the new update? These are the things I noticed:
The new monuments cause at least some powercreep. Also as they bring modifiers that stack with existing monuments like the AE reduction in Jaunpur and Ayuthaya. On top of that, there seems to be monuments that stack trade power, merchants, manpower, religious unity government capacity and perhaps the most powerful thing; Imperial Authority. Revoking the priviligia was the quickest way to do world conquest perhaps along with playing a horde and it's been made easier.
The new AE is nice but can cause a bit of a powercreep as well as you just get to expand quicker. I did a quick test. In 1.31. taking your French cores back as France was 24 AE. Now it's 19. What used to be 100 warscore is now 86. Assuming some rounding up/down was done I'd say AE was reduced by about 20%? With the possibility to reduce the remaining 80% further, including a new monument, a run like Jaunpur > Delhi > Bharat is becoming even easier than it used to be.
The new mission trees are nice; some tags in Africa are clearly boosted. The most clear one seems to be Adal that went from 41 dev to `58 and has a great new mission tree. It might be my fault but I'd like to know the requirements to form all new formables like Aksum and I can't find them. Aksum is probably Ethiopia exclusive maybe as it's mentioned in the mission tree, but I'd like it confirmed.
Overall I feel the patch makes the game easier and I'll do a run to see how much I can blob compared to the previous patch. Do people mind the game has been made significantly easier or would they prefer some nerfs? Especially the stacking effects from more monuments might be a bit OP.