• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Hello Stellaris Community!

The Devs are currently working on a small update planned for next week, containing fixes for some of the more pressing issues that you’ve found so far. So no Dev Diary this week, but please keep providing feedback and bug reports, they’re very valuable to us!

Instead we have something special for this week: To celebrate the release of the First Contact Story Pack, our Art Department has teamed up with ArtStation to do an Art Blast featuring completed and concept art from First Contact!

“We looked to the stars and saw that we were not alone.”

First contact. It has been the inspiration for so many stories in so many IPs over the years and now it has come to Stellaris.

That exciting, sometimes frightening point in your civilization's timeline when the signals and messages you’ve sent out into the darkness of space have been answered. Or perhaps you have been living a peaceful life, minding your own business, believing that you are the only ones out there when suddenly that alien ship appears in your atmosphere.

Are they friends? Are they foes? Will they advise and aid your people? Take you to another level in your evolution or do they have something else in mind? Something... more sinister?

First Contact, is the latest addition to Stellaris and this is some of the mind blowing art that went into making it a reality from our amazing art team.

Scott Austin
Art Director - Stellaris

image (186).png

"Some early explorations onto what cloaked ships could look like in Stellaris, and what the transition to cloaking would be like. Lots of fun to do!"
Lloyd Drake-Brockman

image (187).png

"Some early theme exploration sketches for the front end Illustration. We ended up going with the the lower left one; Herders in swamplands of some distant planet are frightened by a sudden visit of an unknown."
Pavel Goloviy

image (188).png

The Chemical Ship of 'First Contact' based on Lloyds' concept Art.
David Lindh

image (189).png

The MSI Flagship for 'First Contact', based on Lloyds' concept Art.
Tim Wiberg​

You can check out the full Art Blast here.

Thanks for playing Stellaris, and you can pick up the First Contact Story Pack right now! Dev diaries will return next week!

• 33Like
  • 20Love
Reactions:
1678992986848.png

I really like this one, maybe it's the shading on the cargo bay of that big ship above, but it's giving me Homeworld cinematic vibes.

1678993074805.png

I also feel like a lot of the Achievement artwork (which seems to be painted at a higher rez than what we see in game / in steam) could make for great Ascension Perk Art. Maybe one focussed on equality and attacking slavers, in this case lol.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Amazing art! When is the artbook coming out? :)

I wonder though why didn't you people include the cloaked ships in the Art Blast, there's just that large empty space in the end of the posting that someone probably forgot to fill.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oh, joy! After seeing the Solarpunk cityset and room in the Art Blast, I know want them to be available for player empires. Thanks a lot. :(

• 4Like
Reactions:
When I saw the splash page withe the "Swamp Lords", I was amazed. The use of color, composition, the emotional reactions of the entities riding the bird like lizards, down to the stampeding heard animals, t was wow!! This is amazing art work....then I saw the motion....even more amazing.

Reactions: