• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sgt Bash

Major
53 Badges
Jan 26, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
This problem is either a really neat feature of interest to a geek such as I or a real pain in the bum,

Let me explain:

Playing as Rome with latest update, but not DLC.

I receive an announcement of an opportunity in Macedonia. In that Kingdom, there are three young men: the Heir, Pretender1 and Pretender2. Rome has a chance to create mischief by encouraging one of the pretenders towards disloyalty and possible rebellion. The young men's names and other details are given.

Finding the pretenders afterwards is the problem. Tracking the pretenders down various family lines in the Royal family tree is the challenge. Pretender1 was easy. He and the Heir are first cousins, ie their fathers are brothers.

After 30+ minutes, I found Pretender2. The Heir and Pretender1 had a great grandfather, who had a brother. That brother was the great grandfather of Pretender2.

Wow, what an amazing feature with great detail. My question are, is it possible to find foreign characters easily and is this a common occurrence during the game? Thanks.

You see, there's a button next to every country in the diplomacy tree that allows you to look at ALL the characters in their realm like you would look at the characters in your own realm.

You see, there's a button next to every country in the diplomacy tree that allows you to look at ALL the characters in their realm like you would look at the characters in your own realm.
I still prefer the CK2 way - it should have been imported here. To global search by different metrics, including within diplomatic range, married/unmarried, religion, etc, would be very useful and much more efficient.

You see, there's a button next to every country in the diplomacy tree
sorry but that feature might be helpful only in the first few years when no one managed yet to spawn children and get new family members in any other ways... and when countries are still small.. Not into well developed procreating machines like some ruling families were.

Thanks. I will check out the button in the diplomacy section. Still, it is a measure of the level of detail put into I;R, which makes for a great game. Hopefully, I will not have to track down many third cousins in future.

you can also favorite the pretenders in the event pop up.

Now, this is interesting and could easily work. Thanks.

I still prefer the CK2 way - it should have been imported here. To global search by different metrics, including within diplomatic range, married/unmarried, religion, etc, would be very useful and much more efficient.
That's definitely needed.

I kind of remember seeing a Mod in the Steam Workshop that lets you do this. At the time, this didn't look like a function that I needed.

However, now I'm in a special situation. I'm playing as an Eastern European tribe, and I'd like to make them convert to Judaism. I conquered the Cosphorus kingdom area that has a small Jewish population, and I now have 50% of my capitol Jewish, enough to let the kingdom convert. But another one of the requirements is that I have a Jewish character. I'd like to find one and invite them to my court.

Maybe this is not realistic and I'd need to conquer a Jewish area (Palestine) and hope one will randomly spawn in my court.

I kind of remember seeing a Mod in the Steam Workshop that lets you do this. At the time, this didn't look like a function that I needed.

However, now I'm in a special situation. I'm playing as an Eastern European tribe, and I'd like to make them convert to Judaism. I conquered the Cosphorus kingdom area that has a small Jewish population, and I now have 50% of my capitol Jewish, enough to let the kingdom convert. But another one of the requirements is that I have a Jewish character. I'd like to find one and invite them to my court.

Maybe this is not realistic and I'd need to conquer a Jewish area (Palestine) and hope one will randomly spawn in my court.
Your best bet is to get a character from Judea or Samaria. First get your ruler to make them his friend. Then you can recruit him. He needs to have less than certain level of loyalty so you might need to inspire disloyalty as well. When you hover above the recruit character interaction it will show you what is necessary to perform the action.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your best bet is to get a character from Judea or Samaria. First get your ruler to make them his friend. Then you can recruit him. He needs to have less than certain level of loyalty so you might need to inspire disloyalty as well. When you hover above the recruit character interaction it will show you what is necessary to perform the action.
OK. I found that I could find the kind of character I was looking for by bringing up the diplomacy screen for the country occupying Judea, which in my case in my gameplay date was Ptolemy's Egyptian kingdom. Egypt was controlling Judea, and so their court held Jewish characters. I could view their characters by pressing the character button in Egypt's diplomacy menu.