Finally done with this war. Wait, what is- OH MOTHER OF ALL AE!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, that amount of AE is NOT okay. WW2 should not be happening in the 15th century, or anytime in EU4 timeframe. England is upset that Poland vassalized some poor theocracy in the Baltic? Yeah right. Have you even played the game? Even in 1.5, you wouldn't get that much AE. Go play the game and tell me that you're satisfied with all of Europe, Asia Minor, and North Africa hate you because you beat up some Baltic states.

The people of Portugal, Munster, Tunisia, Scotland, and many other faraway lands are upset that Poland vassalized the Teutonic Order and Livonia... in the 15th century... Care to explain?

"Upset"...fine,
"Upset enough to form a coalition"...weird, but ok i guess,
"Upset enough to form a coalition for the next century"...da fark?

"Upset"...fine,
"Upset enough to form a coalition"...weird, but ok i guess,
"Upset enough to form a coalition for the next century"...da fark?

I don't think information even traveled that fast. It's like the day AFTER you vassalize Teutonic Order, the ENTIRETY of Europe is like "HOLY SHIT! Better watch out for Poland, even though I need to cross 50 countries just to get there!"

Wait, so you're complaining about AE after trying to vassalize two states with an entire combined base tax of almost 40? OH MY GOSH GAME IS SO BROKEN

LOL so much this!

This is simply unfun, and that's the worst thing a game can be. Excessive AE and never-ending spawns of massive rebel armies are game killers, no matter how you choose to play. I'd go back to my 1.5 games, but the new installer won't allow me to load my old saves (it doesn't do mods in older versions); pretty borked. There's a lot to like here, but I'm sitting on the hotfix to see what they choose to do; that'll reveal how they want this game to play.

And what is it with Paradox, anyway? Every six months you get an entirely different game. :)

I really think this case is an outlier. AE scales exponentially with the number of provinces you take. In this case you're taking 5+ provinces at once...
Actually in the OP he is trying to vassalise two nations: TO and Livonia (spelling?), at the same time. That's around +10 provinces. He shouldn't be complaining.

Sorry but fail OP. Two vassals in a single war? And you expect WHAT to happen?

As to "fun" if the player can own half of Europe in 50 years it´s not "fun" unless you think map painting is the goal of the game or that a country expanding at a rate not a SINGLE country did in real life should have almost ZERO consequence. For me, that is complete BS. While the numbers might be a bit excessive at first glance, the fact you can vassalize at a mere 49% warscore cost automatically means the game MUST use other means to stop turbo expansion.

The AE seems too high. Then again that is a very aggressive peace demand. What is that, like 15 provinces?

There is an "easy" mode to play, if you want to avoid AE.
There is something to be said for coalitions and ae, to an extent. Lets be realistic though, conquering a few baltic provinces shouldn't cause Central Asia to join a coalition against you.

Actually in the OP he is trying to vassalise two nations: TO and Livonia (spelling?), at the same time. That's around +10 provinces. He shouldn't be complaining.

It's more of me proclaiming my shock at that massive number. Doing this used to give pretty much no AE compared to now.

The AE seems too high. Then again that is a very aggressive peace demand. What is that, like 15 provinces?

It's 12 provinces. It might be smarter to have the AE system based on Base Tax rather than the amount of provinces.

Sorry but fail OP. Two vassals in a single war? And you expect WHAT to happen?

As to "fun" if the player can own half of Europe in 50 years it´s not "fun" unless you think map painting is the goal of the game or that a country expanding at a rate not a SINGLE country did in real life should have almost ZERO consequence. For me, that is complete BS. While the numbers might be a bit excessive at first glance, the fact you can vassalize at a mere 49% warscore cost automatically means the game MUST use other means to stop turbo expansion.

Then why are far off countries hating him? Care to explain that? Like Ireland? Portugal? England? France? Brittany? Castille? So it's okay for pretty much the whole world to be in a coalition against you.

You know, until very late in development, Coalitions were originally supposed to be purely defensive, and the Punitive War CB was something that was supposed to be unlocked by tech/ideas, or if you’re the Pope. I must admit, I’ve been tempted to try modding the CB just to see what that would have been like.

Anyone who thinks that a century long coalition for vassalising around 10 provinces is good, is full of shit.

Poland basically did that peace in real life, and there wasn't much blowback. Guess who really didn't care? Ireland, Turkey, etc. Taking 10 provinces shouldn't warrant a response more cataclysmic than what Napoleon's conquests generated.

Anyone who thinks that a century long coalition for vassalising around 10 provinces is good, is full of shit.

Poland basically did that peace in real life, and there wasn't much blowback. Guess who really didn't care? Ireland, Turkey, etc. Taking 10 provinces shouldn't warrant a response more cataclysmic than what Napoleon's conquests generated.

It's worse than what Napoleon could imagine. It ain't the Napoleonic Wars at the point, it's WW1 in the 1500s. To those who are currently defending this patch, tell me that's "okay". I dare you.

I'll ignore the Coalition logic because, like most EU4 features unfortunately, it is an abstract mechanic rather than historical.

Instead I will say this: the game is supposed to punish whoever thinks that vassalizing two states with a lot of BT in a single war is a good idea. Coalitions like that are unhistorical, but so is the possibility of such a peace offer.