• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kliwarrior

General
85 Badges
Oct 27, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • VtM - Bloodlines 2 Blood Moon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
In VtM: BL1 the final death is implemented as a sort of "internal explosion of flames" , you know something like
final.jpg

In VtM:Redemption it was more similar to "crumble into dust and ashes" (I cannot find an image, but I'm sure you all know what I mean)

What would you like more , for BL2 ?
Or would you prefer something different ?

As a storyteller I always described the "crumble into dust" effect , unless the Kindred is very young (a couple of decades of unlife) , where the effect would be more similar to a shriveled mummy. (In my vision, the time since the Embrace flows in a fraction of second, so the corpse become similar to what a "standard" corpse of similar age would be ).

Also I would like that "torpor for damages" would be somewhat implemented , and not having just the final death every time.
Any thoughts ?

In tabletop i believe the best possible way is let the time to chatch up with you ...
But ingame? :-/ Dunno ... nobody wants to see long, detailed sequence every time they die ... especialy if they reach some especialy tough boss, who will kill them multiple time. :D
I also honestly kinda like that Vampires leaves skeleton behind them, at least for some time ... i know it was needed for story purposes, but i just honestly like it ... i dont like clean kills as we could see in Blade movie for example, where there is nothing left from Vampire.

So i believe that BL1 is quite fine, both for player and NPCs ...

Many games implement the "corpse disappears, loot remains" approach.
I'd like to have something to search, (for money, guns, cell phone and any other things that my be useful for the current quests ) instead of "if you kill XX , he drops the key of the YY apartment "

Oh i thought we were talking about Vampires only ...
For mortals, or other supernaturals that dont burn to dust (except skeletons as i said before) ... i would certainly wote for corpse falling on the ground ... or, you know, all over the place in case of Blood Boil. :D

But for example while feeding, it would be certainly fine to have option to clean the corpse, if we kill ...
On the other hand, i presume we will simply leave corpses where they fall, since the game will try to motivate us to not kill while feed ... if i remember it corectly we were told that "sweet spot" that gives us most blood and resonance will be a little less than lethal dose. :-/ And since there would be no reason to clean up corpses of unconcious enemies, i dare to expect that dead bodies get same threatment.

Also, about loot ...
Maybe im wrong here, or maybe it was changed ... but from last ... i mean the year before last year gameplay i never get the feeling that we will actualy loot corpses. It seemed more like every item was coveniently stached everywhere around, but nobody ever kept his valuables in his pocket.
(Wich is certainly what i would expect from that drug dealer, instead of puting everything to money box on table. :D)

Oh i thought we were talking about Vampires only ...
For mortals, or other supernaturals that dont burn to dust (except skeletons as i said before) ... i would certainly wote for corpse falling on the ground ... or, you know, all over the place in case of Blood Boil. :D
Actually I was talkling about vampires. The body explode, is destroyed or something. The personal belonging should be there.

But for example while feeding, it would be certainly fine to have option to clean the corpse, if we kill ...
On the other hand, i presume we will simply leave corpses where they fall, since the game will try to motivate us to not kill while feed ... if i remember it corectly we were told that "sweet spot" that gives us most blood and resonance will be a little less than lethal dose. :-/ And since there would be no reason to clean up corpses of unconcious enemies, i dare to expect that dead bodies get same threatment.

A completely dried body should be disposed in some way or big Masquerade Breaking is coming toward you.
I don't know if killing someone in this way could be camouflaged or not.
You could be very creative, if only the game would allow you.

Actually I was talkling about vampires. The body explode, is destroyed or something. The personal belonging should be there.
Assuming he had any ...
As i said, when you see that gameplay from 2019 ... you can notice that they never looted even single body. It seem to me like the only thing other NPC can offer us is blood and resonance.

A completely dried body should be disposed in some way or big Masquerade Breaking is coming toward you.
I don't know if killing someone in this way could be camouflaged or not.
You could be very creative, if only the game would allow you.
It depends ...
I believe i have readed somewhere around here quite interesting theory that you could throw the bodies in dumpster, and let Vampire cleaning group take care of them ...
After all, we know we will have chance to join Vampire cleaning group as some masquerade redeption quest.