• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikko_2001

Recruit
6 Badges
Feb 23, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
Every time I try to enter the game, I get this file exception message and it does not allow me to play:

File esception:
Exception in:
D:\jenkins\workspace\eu4-steam\clausewitz\pdx_core\virtualfilesystem.cpp, line: 369. Description: Could not open file: messagetypescustom.txt

I have been reporting this error for a month without Paradox responding to me. I don't know if it's my pc or the game's problem, but I can't play. Please, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Nicolás.
IMG_7107.jpg

I have been reporting this error for a month without Paradox responding to me.
This is your first post here, and I see no tickets lodged by you on this. FYI those are our only two channels for official support!

This issue is caused by your antivirus app getting in the way; most commonly Avast or AVG but it can be others. Add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

Good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0