• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 23 - Son of Heaven (part 2)

(Beijing, Dahan)

"Emperor, Muscowy king has declared war on us."

"That's to be expected. We will show them the might of China. How big is their army anyways?"

"They have only half our numbers."

"The war should be easy then. Tell the general to finish to war quickly. I want to see this place called Russia."

"Yes, emperor. There's another thing. We have received reports of rebels planning to revolt. What should we do about it?"

"Don't bother with them. I have little time to deal with such petty matters. I highly doubt they would become a problem. By the way, have the Joseon women arrive yet?"

"They have, emperor."

"Excellent, they will help me pass my time while the war is going on."

"Emperor, there's one last thing."

"I've had enough of this! We will deal with any other matters tomorrow. Order the women to meet me here. Now!!!"

"Yes, emperor. I'll be dealing with it immediately."

The emperor's favorite concubine enters.

"I heard you got more women. What's the meaning of this?"

"You're here. I was going to have a few of them trained to serve you."

"That's not what I heard. Am I not your favorite anymore? If that's the case, I'll never appear before you ever again."

"No, please don't leave me. I swear that you are my only woman."

"Then kill them."

"Kill who?"

"Don't play dumb! Kill the Joseon women and I'll forgive you."

"They were so hard to come by."

"I guess this is goodbye then."

"No! I cannot live without you. I'll execute them now."

The emperor ordered his guards to execute the Joseon women with his favorite concubine watching.

"There. I did what you asked for. Are you happy now?"

"A bit. I'm tired. I won't be spending the night with you today."

"How about tomorrow?"

"We'll see."

Last edited:
Chapter 24 - Son of Heaven (part 3)

(Beijing, Dahan)

"My emperor, a Joseon diplomat has arrived."

"Where is this diplomat from?"

"Joseon, a small nation northeast of us."

"Never heard of them. Have we not conquer them yet?"

"Not yet, emperor."

"Once we deal with the Russians, we will conquer their puny nation. As for the diplomat, tell him that he is too insignificant to meet the likes of me."

"Yes, emperor."

The eunuch leaves to meet the Joseon diplomat.

"The emperor said you aren't worth his time. Come back when your nation becomes a lot bigger."

"How dare you! Our nation might be small but we are still a regional power."

"Do you not get it? Your nation is puny and not worth our time. When we do have some free time, our emperor promises to conquer your people so they can be led by a proper ruler. I suggest you leave before I call the guards."

"I can leave on my own. Tell your emperor that he will regret this day!"

The Joseon diplomat immediately began his trip home. From what the eunuch told him, he needed to warn his ruler.

A few months later.

"My emperor, your ally Taunga has asked for your assistance in their war."

"Didn't I tell them to only call me into wars that are worth my time. By the way, how's the war against Russia going?"

"The Russians were cowards and hid in their forts. We pitied them and decided to give them a white peace. Their winters have been very troublesome for our men."

"I see. Since we're out of that war, we might as well help Taunga. Who are they up against anyways?"

"I heard it's Hindustan."

"What a stupid name! Now i know why they are calling us to war. They are laughing too hard to actually fight. Send 20 thousand men over and the war is pretty much won."

"Yes, emperor. May I be dismissed?"

"Yes, I want to catch a little nap."

The eunuch leaves to meet with a Chinese general.

"How did the peace talk go, general?"

"The Muscowy ruler agreed to take a bit of land. However, there are lots of rebels."

"Can we deal with the rebels?"

"We lost many men fighting Muscowy. Our men will be spread tight. Are the rumors of another war true?"

"I'm afraid it is true. We will be fighting Hindustan."

"We can't deal with the rebels and the war. What should we do?"

"We will have to ignore the rebels for now. We need to get out of the war against Hindustan as quickly as possible. You do understand, right?"

"Yes! I will be pouring the majority of our army into the frontlines against Hindustan."

Last edited:
the stakes are higher than the Burj Khalifa

His foolish gamble did work in my favor, so I'm not complaining :p.

Chapter 25 - War Escalation in Taunga

"My sultan, I have grave news. The Dahan emperor decided to assist the Taunga in their war. Our war just got a lot more complex."

chapter25a.png

"I heard reports that they outnumber us now. I guess we must send more men to the frontlines. How many can we send?"

"My best estimate is 75 thousand men. Sending more than that will likely result in rebels. There are still nobles bitter from the last civil war."

"Abhaya, get as many men to the frontlines as possible. We have to first hold our front before we can begin our own attack."

"Where should we set our lines, sultan?"

"The Arakan Mountains will be where we set up our front lines. The mountains themselves limit our enemies to only two points of entry. Either through the north or through the south. The two choke points will decide our victory."

"I never thought that Dahan would be willing to help Taunga. Last time I checked, they had plenty of rebel problems."

"I heard the emperor is reckless and foolish. His entry does make matters worse but we will come through. Hindustan wasn't constructed by merely diplomacy alone. We have survived a civil war that almost ripped the nation in half. I'm pretty sure we can deal with the Chinese."

"Sultan, should we recruit more men? We may need a few more regiments up front."

"Not yet, Our economy still haven't completely recover from the civil war. You and I both know that the timing of this war doesn't work in our favor. We just need to weather through it."

"What if they send their navy? I heard they have an impressive number of ships."

"We will have to give up the naval warfare. We just don't have the numbers to fight them. I do have a feeling that they won't be transporting any men by ship. If they do foolishly believe it would work, our men on rebel patrol and wipe them out. The war will be decided in Taunga. That's why we are moving all our men there."

"Sultan, I wish to head to the frontlines. I feel the experience can teach me a lot."

"I doubt I can stop you. Be careful and may Allah be with us."

Last edited:
so does tianwan cover roughly modern china?

I apologize but I got the nation mixed up :p. It's Dahan, not Tianwan. Tianwan is the dominant Chinese nation in my Timurids AAR. As for Dahan,

dahan1.png

I see. Well it seems you have small front so it shouldnt be too hard to do it like they do it switzerland

I was lucky there's such a small front. Otherwise the war would be a lot more uglier for me.

Chapter 26 - Preparing Invasion Into China

Mahmud wasn't surprised that Dahan entered the war. A conflict between the two great nations was bound to happen. In fact, Taunga was the nation that stood between the two great nations. Mahmud knew that a victory in this war would result in opening a wider front with the Chinese nation. Yet, a narrow front doesn't help his army either. When he received news of Dahan troops reinforcing Taunga, the Hindustan army was ordered to guard the two major choke points created by the natural barrier, Arakan Mountains. From the intel gathered from spies in Beijing, the Chinese emperor was an arrogant person who believes he can take anyone head on. There have been cases where he executed generals that disagreed with his views in warfare. Therefore, Mahmud knew without a doubt that Chinese soldiers would foolish push through the choke points. The choke points will soon become the burial grounds of the Chinese men.

First, the Hindustan sultan needed to deal with some other issues. Pegu and Shan were a distraction and he needed them out of the war. He ordered men to spread rumors that Dahan planned on invading other Asian nations surrounding Taunga given that their armies are already in the vicinity. Mahmud hoped that the rumors would spark fear in his enemies and they would happily get out of the war. As expected, the rulers of Pegu and Shan immediately sent diplomats asking for peace. Mahmud quickly accepted and began focusing on the campaign against the other Asian power.

chapter26a.png

Chinese troops began rushing in through the northern entrance. Hindustan troops have already scorched the land and evacuated everyone except for a few garrisons. Barely a few months have passed since the Chinese troops entered Hindustan border and the enemy casualties has already risen dramatically. Good news also reached the sultan as rebels have been successful at taking over northwest Dahan. Heavy casualties and bad news have also affected the morale of the Chinese regiments. After a few minor battles, the Hindustan army won a key victory that saw all Dahan reinforcements annihilated.

chapter26b.png

With internal problems within the nations of Dahan, Mahmud suspected that Taunga would be quite defenseless. Giving an order to push, the Hindustan army succeeded in occupying most of Taunga. The Taunga ruler, realizing that no one can save his nation now, agreed to give up much of his land. For Hindustan, the victory also meant that they were no longer at war with Dahan. The brief peace would give the sultan time to organize his troops before the invasion of China begins. With a slightly wider front, the Hindustan regiments can maneuver much easier and Mahmud knew that, against such an enemy, maneuvering is the key to victory. As more troops begin pouring into the newly conquered provinces, a large number of regiments have been ordered to deal with the recent rebellions. The battles against Dahan have encouraged the revolts and the rebels must be dealt with before they become a problem.

chapter26c.png

Chapter 27 - The Great Rebellion

chapter27a.png

The rebellion began in the northwestern provinces of Dahan. It was said that, with the financial support of the Hindustani government, the rebels were able to get the funding to build up small regiments. The rebels planned to revolt in three provinces and wished to connect the occupied provinces before Dahan armies can arrive. With many of their men occupied in the war, the garrisons were quickly defeated by the rebels. When the news of the rebellions reached the emperor, he merely laughed at the situation and said the rebellions were rumors spread by his enemies. With the lack of resistance in the following months, the rebels took control of the entire region. By this time, the Dahan emperor realized how serious the situation is. However, the war has been keeping his men occupied and few soldiers can be spared to deal with the rebels.

For the emperor, he never knew that Hindustan would be such a powerful enemy. When he learned that the 20 thousand he sent to the front lines were quickly wiped out, his advisors merely told him that sending 60 thousand more would easily overwhelm Hindustan. After his new reinforcements were wiped out, the emperor decided to order practically all his generals to head for the front lines. The generals under the Dahan emperor were just outsmarted and outmatched by the Hindustan generals. Before long, their armies were routed and annihilated. The news of major defeat not only reached the emperor but to many rebel groups as well. Before long, rebels from rest of Dahan began revolting. Pretenders and nobles were eager to rise up in an attempt to overthrow the emperor.

Luckily for the emperor, Taunga and Hindustan came to an agreement for peace. Thus, Dahan was able to get itself out of the war and focus on the rebels. By this time, it was too little too late. The rebels, many of which were funded by Hindustani government, successfully occupied many provinces. The next few years saw the Dahan army continuously fighting rebels and, before long, they were overwhelmed. A pretender managed to take the title emperor while four new nations, the Mongol Khanate, Kazakh, Moghulistan and Yuan, freed themselves from the control of Dahan. Tibet, having lost territories to Dahan, were able to return to their former size. Even with the rise of a new emperor, Dahan still dealt with rebels. It took a few more months before the new emperor managed to stabilize the nation and eliminate all rebels. By this time, Dahan has already began its decline and Hindustan had her eyes on this rich place called China.

chapter27b.png

well, this story is good enough in its own right so it doesnt matter

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad someone likes it and comments often. I do know I can still improve. That's why I'm going to try developing the plot more.

Chapter 28 - Traitor in the Midst

(Delhi, Hindustan)

Two young men were running down the hall of Delhi university.

"Emir Firuz, wait up."

"You're too slow, Maaran. I can't waste time waiting for you to catch up."

"What's the hurry anyways? You look like someone wants to kill you."

"Not me. Someone wants to kill my father, the sultan."

"You're kidding! Why would anyone do that? The sultan has made the nation great."

"I heard that this person was once part of the Delhi royal family. He obviously hates my father."

"I hope you're not planning to take him on by yourself."

"Of course not. I managed to persuade a general to help me."

When the emir and his friend reached the courtyard, a general and 4 thousand men have already assembled there waiting for orders.

"Emir, good to see you. I heard you needed my help. With the new wars taking place, I'm afraid this is all the men I could muster."

chapter28a.png

"Thank you, general! I'm sure this is enough. We can talk as we head back to the capital."

The emir and general got on their horses.

"Maaran, you stay here where it's safe. We don't want the most promising student to encounter some accident."

"Very funny, Emir. I wish you good luck and may Allah be with you."

Emir and the general led the soldiers towards Barind.

"Emir, you said you received urgent news."

"Yes, general. There is a traitor amongst us and he intend to kill my father."

"I cannot believe it. Who is this person you're talking about?"

A few months later in Barind.

"Sultan, we have successfully defeated the Taunga. They have been annexed. However, we are encountering more resistance than expected in the south. We simply cannot muster the men up north to decisively defeat the Tibetan army."

"That is troubling news. Our original plan was to end these small wars quickly before Dahan emperor can send their main armies into the battlefield. If we continue this with Tibet, we will be at a disadvantage. Abhaya, I heard the Tibetan ruler sent a diplomat."

"They have send an offer for white peace. It would appear they have some internal problems."

"I guess we have no choice but to accept it. However, we still need to make haste with Pegu and Shan."

"Yes, sultan. I will send word for our messenger. By the way, you don't look so well. Sultan, I think you should get some rest."

"I must be getting old. I guess a small nap wouldn't hurt. Alert me if anything else happens."

"I will, sultan. I will."

chapter28b.png
chapter28c.png

The sultan headed to his chambers to rest. Abhaya began gathering the documents on the table when Emir Firuz entered.

"Where is my father?"

"The sultan is resting in his chambers. He feels a little tired."

"Enough with the games, Abhaya Ludi. Your father was part of the Delhi royal family. I have discovered your plot to kill my father."

"Well done, young Firuz. I'm not surprised that you found out about my identity."

Abhaya walks towards Firuz.

"I'm curious. How did you find out? On second thought, I don't need to know."

Abhaya pulls out a dagger and charges straight at the Emir. Firuz, having anticipated this, pulled out his own dagger and engaged in Abhaya in a duel.

"Not bad, young Emir. You show greater promise than your father. However, promise alone cannot save you today."

"We'll see about that, traitor."

The two men fought for a few minutes before the guards entered and disarmed Abhaya. Abhaya backs away from Firuz and had his back against the wall.

"What a pity. I was hoping to kill both you and the sultan. I guess you were meant to live."

"Traitor, you have failed in both killings. After all, I stopped you from killing my father while he sleeps."

"Really? I believe he's dead by now. A little poison can do wonders."

Abhaya then grabbed a dagger hidden in the walls and slit his own throat.

Chapter 29 - A Nation In Mourning

Firuz rushed out to head for his father's chamber. Before he reached there, a messenger came up to him.

"Emir, the Shan was defeated. Their ruler has accepted annexation."

"Move aside! I don't have time for this."

Firuz pushed the messenger aside and he kept running. The general walked up to the messenger.

"I apologize for the Emir. I'm afraid there was a traitor in our midst and the sultan might be dead."

"No, I cannot believe it. Should I deliver this news to the front line?"

"Not yet, we haven't confirmed it. The medics are here. Let's talk later. Please wait in front of the sultan's chamber."

"Yes, general!"

The general and the messenger, along with the medics, headed towards the sultan's chamber. When they arrived, they saw Firuz covering the sultan with a white cloth. The general walks up to Firuz.

"Emir, we have many wars and we need leadership. I'm afraid you won't have any time to mourn for the sultan's death. We must crown you as the sultan now."

"I understand, general."

Firuz walked out of the sultan's chamber. The general turned to the messenger.

"Tell the front line generals that our sultan is dead. Emir Firuz has succeeded him. As for the cause of death, they don't need to know."

"Yes, general!"

The messenger headed out.

chapter29a.png

is there a chance we may see the kochs get deposed and go on to form an industrial congolmerate or run for mayor in a very populous municipality?

also how close are you to westerizing?

is there a chance we may see the kochs get deposed and go on to form an industrial congolmerate or run for mayor in a very populous municipality?

also how close are you to westerizing?

For the Kochs, their fate depends solely on whether they can remain in office. Therefore, I have no control. However, I like your idea and I might use it when the time comes.

For westernizing, it's a bit different in Death and Taxes in case you didn't know. You westernize military tech from Asian Tech to Muslim Tech to Eastern Tech to Western Tech. For Government Tech, Production Tech and Trade Tech, you go directly to Western Tech. For each of these, you first need a neighbor that has that tech. Then, you have many other requirements (ruler ADM stat at least 5, a few other minimum ruler stats and slider requirements) which can be tough to get. I'm only a slider away from changing Asian Military Tech to Muslim Military Tech assuming that my ruler lives or his heir lives.

Chapter 30 - Purging all Traitors (part 1)

(Barind, Hindustan)

The new sultan was look out the window while he speaks with the general.

"I must thank you, general. While my father wasn't saved, you have proven your loyalty by assisting me."

"Sultan, it's my honor to serve the royal family. However, I'm a bit confused why you recalled a general from the front lines."

"You see, that general was almost a brother to my father. I know that he cannot direct his men properly while he is mourning inside. I would prefer him back here."

"I see."

"By the way, how are your 4 thousand men? I hope they are well accommodated down the hall. With all this happening, I feel safer when I have some soldiers within the palace."

"Don't worry, sultan. My men have overcome harsh weathers in wars. They surely can deal with the luxuries you provide them."

"That's good. They are loyal men and they deserve to be rewarded. What reward do you want?"

"What if I say I want to be sultan?"

"That's a good one, general. You almost had me believe it."

The general secretly pulls out his dagger.

"Sultan, I was merely joking. From what I've seen, lots of people want to kill the sultan. I would be careful if I were you. It seems like you have enemies everywhere. Especially where you least expect them to appear."

The general begins walking towards the sultan.

"You are right, general. My enemies sometimes have the best disguises. Look at Abhaya. My father trusted him with his life and therefore he lost it. It just shows that having too much trust is a bad thing. Don't you agree?"

"Sultan, you are too right. Of course, a person dies by having too much of everything. They say too much greed kills."

The general begins to raise his dagger.

"Too much confidence kills as well, general."

The sultan turns around and plunges his dagger into the general.

"How? How did you know?"

"For a dying man, you don't need to know."

The sultan pulls out his dagger and slit the general's throat. A messenger comes in.

"Sultan, Lan Xang agreed to a white .... Are you okay, sultan? You have blood all over you. Has the general fainted from seeing the blood?"

"It's not my blood. Let's just say the general had a small accident."

There were suddenly screams coming from down the hall.

"Oh dear, I don't think I want to find out what's happening down the hall either."

"Neither do I. What were you saying?"

"Oh yes, Lan Xang agreed to a white peace. Their ruler realized that it's a bad idea fighting us."

chapter30a.png

"Good, you are dismissed. If I were you, I wouldn't head towards where the screams were."

"Yes, sultan. I totally agree with you."

The messenger left in a hurry.

Last edited:
blood stains always clash with whatever I'm wearing, so I sympathize with the messenger. Doesn't the sultan know there are (fashion) standards to uphold?

When his life is at stake, I doubt he has time for trivial matters like fashion.

Chapter 31 - Purging all Traitors (part 2)

Despite eliminating the treacherous general and his men, Firuz had a feeling that there were still traitors around. He intended to kill all the traitors to ensure both his safety and the safety of his descendants. To track down the remaining traitors, the sultan needed some leads. He decided to first target the family of Abhaya since they might just have information he needs. When he arrived with his guards at the Abhaya residence, they were met with some resistance. The males of the household was instantly killed and the rest were rounded up.

"Sultan, what will we be doing with the women, children and elderly?"

"Do whatever is necessary to get the information we need. That means you can torture them."

"Torture?"

"I know it's harsh but my father was killed. We cannot be too soft or more will die."

"Understood, sultan!"

The captain whispered to his men before they carried the women and children back inside and killed all the elderly. The sultan returned back to his palace when the messenger arrived.

"Morning, sultan! I wasn't expecting you to be up so early."

"You've been busy. I hope you bring good news."

"Of course, sultan. Our men have won many great victories against Dahan. The Dahan emperor is willing to talk peace."

chapter31a.png

"That's indeed excellent. I'm assuming you're tired with all this moving around. I'll have the servants prepare a meal for you before you leave."

"I'm honored, sultan. However, my family is waiting for me. Thank you again for the generous offer."

The messenger heads off to his residence. As for the sultan, he decided to meet with a few nobles to discuss the peace terms.

Few days later in the meeting room.

"It looks like we have come to an agreement for our peace offer with Dahan. On this map, the area marked with red borders will be our newest provinces."

chapter31b.png

"Indeed, sultan. We will be weakening their nation by taking some of their provinces. It would've been nice to take more but we have our reputation to think of. By the way, sultan. How's the investigation of the traitors going?"

"You mustn't worry too much about that. I received word yesterday that the interrogations are going smoothy. We should be able to get all the information later today."

"That's excellent, sultan. We will show those remnants of the Delhi nobles that death is their only fate."

"That's right. With our peace deal agreed on, you are all dismissed."

"Yes, sultan."

The nobles began heading out.

"Sorry, would the noble Chatur stay behind? There is a small matter we must speak of."

A young noble stayed behind. When all the nobles exited the room, the sultan spoke.

"It's interesting how quickly you rose to your position. I'm curious. How much bribes did it take? How many blackmails were needed?"

Chatur looked stunned.

"Sultan, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you heard but it's all false."

"You were also the one that recommended Abhaya to my father, weren't you? You don't need to answer me here. My guards will get it out of you sooner or later. Guards!"

Guards rushed in and captured Chatur.

"Make our noble feel comfortable, won't you?"

Firuz headed for his chambers while the guards led Chatur to the dungeons.