• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Guepard

Private
Jun 16, 2020
How good are greenhouse compared to fields? Do they produce more by person compared with the big fields? Or the same than one small?

Also, according to the description big fields produce x4 but only uses x3 people. Does this means in the same time? So would be big fields better than smaller ones?

Last edited:
Large fields are better than Small and Medium. Medium produce 2x of a small field and Large produce 2x of a medium. So yes large fields are the way to go.

As for Greenhouses I am not sure about. but I know that a single green house produce far less than a large field. it is hard to test because field produce more slowly then greenhouses but greenhouse only require 1 worker. I think 3 greenhouses (3 workers) is better than 1 Large field (3 workers). But requires power and water to be supplied. However does not shut down during heat waves and fallout.

How ever I would like to see the number from someone whom actually knows, as this is something I have wondered myself

4 small fields apparently produce slightly more than 1 large field (at least according to the descriptions last I looked). However, when disaster strikes, loosing 1 large field is far more of an impact than loosing 1 small field.

Yes but then you using 4 workers. Not too much of a worry with the new pop increase but before we had to optimised our worker slots. I would still like to see the stats of these though.

It's not the stop. The reset to zero is the problem. What i haven't found out now is.. since update 8 the crop is set to 0 when you start a decontamination. I don't know if the same happens when you deconterminate the greenhouse.

I also think 3 GH is better than 1 LF. But it is still good to know the stats.

Here is another Question is 1 Large with only 2 worker better than a medium with 2 workers? Same as for a medium with only 1 worker Vs a small. Once again, only want to know the stats just for knowing sake.

I also think 3 GH is better than 1 LF. But it is still good to know the stats.

Here is another Question is 1 Large with only 2 worker better than a medium with 2 workers? Same as for a medium with only 1 worker Vs a small. Once again, only want to know the stats just for knowing sake.

Yeah,we need stats to know things like 2 greenhouse vs one large field

I am under the impression large fields are better simply because the 3 workers means less idle time. Buildings with one worker like Greenhouse have longer idle times because the sole guy is frequently not present when there is work to be done. Of course this doesn't account for yield values which is a different matter...

Last edited:
I personally use a combination of greenhouses and large fields. Simply because I can't be bothered to handle things during catastrophic events like Meteor strikes or Nuclear fallout.

At one point, depending on how it works out for you, you produce so much that your warehouses can't accept anymore. I don't find the greenhouse to be necessarily a game changer.

as far as i can tell greenhouse has a slight yield increase over large field the only real difference between gh and lf is size and energy requirement as both require 5 water
and the bonus to greenhouse is it functions through disasters that shut down fields, as well as growing things fields cant (herbs,peanuts,eet)

• 1Like
Reactions: