• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Notthemama

First Lieutenant
56 Badges
Apr 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
Some game sit seems Catholic fervor is stuck at zero, but I could live with no Crusades, because hey those kingdoms last like a day anyhow, but does anyone have tips for converting counties when the fervor of your religion is making it difficult? I can't even spin of kingdoms for my sons because there will just be a giant uprising displacing them. Wish they would balance some of this stuff.

There's very little that will help your vassals convert when Fervor is low, but for your own character there's a perk in the Learning Lifestyles that removes the low fervor penalty to religious conversions. It's as if your fervor were equal to that of the religion you're trying to convert a province away from.

Learning Lifestyle as someone mentioned above. Also, make a heresy if you can (unless you're set on staying Catholic for some reason). There is a tenet that drastically increases conversion speed in counties of your culture. You can then take another tenet that speeds up culture conversion, so you can do culture first, religion second. I did that in my Hispania game until I had religion under control, than I switched to bigger and better things (Pursuit of Power!!!!!!!!!!!!).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some game sit seems Catholic fervor is stuck at zero, but I could live with no Crusades, because hey those kingdoms last like a day anyhow, but does anyone have tips for converting counties when the fervor of your religion is making it difficult? I can't even spin of kingdoms for my sons because there will just be a giant uprising displacing them. Wish they would balance some of this stuff.
Grant counties to rulers of matching faith, 1 county per ruler. Get hook on ruler, demand conversion. If you have prisoners of the convertable faith release with recruit & hook and give them a county. Otherwise land unhooked people (prefer ambitious, brave, just) and incite a tyranny war to get them locked up.

Downside is that land will be devastated as you might need to siege down many of the counties and ultimately revoke them to reform ownership structure. Upside - it's fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: