• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tiberius Abraxxas

Recruit
47 Badges
Jul 15, 2021
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
Hello together,

first of all thank you that you started creating this game because unfortunately this genre is a really cool setup but often under erstimated and not well served in the gaming world.
Therefore I want to give you feedback to improve it further and make the game expirience unforgetable for the players and get more gamers to play it.
Some older titles alreay had good Ideas and owened me for a long time. I think nearly everybody know Gangster and Gangsters 2 and the strategic aspect it one of the most fun aspects at least for me to build my criminal empire.
Therefore you can find my findings and suggestions below:

You can contact me if you have questions via email or discord (Tiberius#8638)

Feedback Empire of Sin:

General:
- Actually I am missing the option to use drive by shoot like in gangster 2
- The politics between the gangs are quiet flat so far but in that time it was an important area, here I would wish more depth in terms of behaviour, offers and other options. For Example if I want to kill a specific person of a gang and I don't want to do that with my own people, because then I potentially start a war which I want avoid.
Here I want to hire an external person and pay them to do it for me. This mechanics I am missing because it makes the game pretty simple.
- I would like to prefer to choose my safehouse by my own, change my located Boss or subboss without degrade them and ideally a option to choose my safehouse layout, because it may have a strategic impact during fight.
- As it is usual for humans not everybody is the best business man and additionally I don't want to lose a capo from my fight squad just sitting there and doing paperwork, I miss the class Business man as you might know from Gangland.
- If I start a game I start within a randomly chosed neigbourhood I would prefer to have the choice.(Might be even the option to choose if I want to be placed randomly)
- Besides that I would like to choose the house where my first safehouse is
- What I could also imagine is that my safehouse is part of an other Shop building such like the casio or the brewery what ever i want. (and it should be changeble so I can hide if an other gang uncovery my current safehous)
- I miss different levels of boss homes such like a bigger house which delivers more protection and rackets and other options
- What I miss to feel me like a really boss it the option to send Rackets on patrol and change their equipment
- Also missing to send my Capos together with Rackets on a mission to kill or conquer people / buildings (Mission concept)
- I tought it could also be an idee to sell the service of a killer which is part of your gang to earn money or something like that.
- It may be an option to intoduce lootboxes in terms of hidden equipment or ressources which are stored their from no name gangs or some others.
- What I miss is a jail mechanism so that you can end up in jail and your gang can try to get you out with money or pure force
- Poltitian buildings an jobs, Court buildings and also Police Stations which I may want to reduce by a bomb.

Gameplay & AI:
- If I shoot a enimies gang member and it is bleeding, I would expect that the gang doctor try to stabilize him, but actually they just wait for the dead and try to shoot me.
- I would like to position my rackets and capos by my own when a fights starts. Currently the first automated movement look quiet random and is not always the best option.
- When I use the guad action and the guard area is overlapping between two of my capos, then it happen in some cases that just one shoots and the other just stop the action without shooting.
- AI outside of the fights on empire strategie level not really challenging maybe add more strategic depth to them.

Gang & Gangsters:
- Gang Hirachies are really flat yes I can define sub bosses but those are direcltly taken from my squad and due to the missing option to train bosses they cannot get better.
- Besides that some jobs are missing such like lawer, Consigliere, cleaner, Headhunter, Butcher (to hide dead bodies and make it more deficult for detectives to investigate), informat, Driver ...
- When you start your career, your first gangsters are more like little thiefs and rackets. Unfortunately that doesn't change over the gametime. Yes you can skill some abilities which you can use in the fight but thats it. I would wish that I can develop my gangster / Capos and train them in more than just fight skill abilities such like administration, intimidation, shooting or management.
- If my gangster dies currently there is only a subset of gangsters I can hire. But what if i killed nearly every one then I run into the problem that i cannot hire again. Maybe a Gangster Generator which makes sure you have enough gangsters to hire or you can promote rackets / Guards to gangsters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rackets/ Guards:
- For now Rackets/ Guards get standard equipment based on the security level of the building. Which is to be honest ridiculous if you go with your 6 capo squad with good equipment and just do one shoots with snipers and rifles.
Therefore I suggest that the rackets/ Guards can be equiped with more sophisticaded equipment, if the boss is able to organise and pay it and maybe they can also be trained.
- A mechanism which allows me to decide if this building is worth to be protected from better skilled and equiped rackets.
- Give me as a player the option to send rackets/ Guards on patrol.

Weapons & Protection:
- Honestly I couldn't get really good weapons for my session. Without killing AI Bosses (Where did they get their special weapons???)
What I would suggest is to intoduce severl weapon dealer or smuggler. They offer different equipment depending on my connection lvl with them which brings me in the need to do missions for him or help him somehow.
- Besides that I would like to get also the options to modify the weapons to adjust it more to my game play. For example if i prefer sniper that i can mod my weapon with a better rifle scope which offers me aditional precision. Or I can mod my baseball bat with some nails or what ever.

Shops and Buildings:
- Currently we can choose from 5 types of buildings which is compared to the offered free buildings really less. (I would add more different Building types)
- Beside the illigel buildings I would wish to enhance the amount of different building options such like car workshop, Scrap space, undertaker, weapon dealer, maybe besides the brewery a option to create cigarets or cigars.
- I would prefer to split the bewery between beer and liquor production what is also an option is that later in the game opium can be sold.
- Logistics such like smuggler or thiefs options to recrut a headhunter or a killer if you cannot use your own.
- The number of Building impovements is low and do not allow a diversity and which blocks more strategic decision in game the game.
- A improvement which comes additionaly to the existing raid avoidence but adds a way to hide your goods that even if they raid you business they do not necessary find something and close it. ( Example double bottom or voids in the walls)
- Split up the Athmosphe Improvements in different Athmosphere improvements which increase different status values.
- The Same for the Security, such like more rackets, better weapons, better protection ...
- I would like to equip my buildings with different Weapons and Equipment
- I would like to decide how much rackets I want to positioning inside and outside and how much this buildiung should have, to a maximum of x
- The status differences between the different buildings sizes are really low and some does not have even one such like the hotel.(Bigger hotel better boost and more customer?)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Neigbour hoods:
- currently neigbourhoods have only a optical difference It would really make the game more interessting if they have special traits such like the harbour distict offers you a better smuggling conditions or
enables you to get better weapons and equipment cheaper because you sitting at the source
or the market district offers some rare goods something like this
- An option to sell the over produced goods to the world economy
- Customer Amount within the world is quiet limited, so it does not make sense to use the big buildings for others than brewerys which I find really sad. Or if you own an entire neighborhood, the stores cannibalize each other.
I would prefer to have more options to increase the over all customer pool. For example the neigbourhood is booming and the amount of people living their is increasing. Or to enable the player to build buildings to increase beside one hotel such like parks, malls, special stores which brings in a special clientel to the area.

Police & politicans & Courts :
- So far police was never a problem and if the closed a shop I just reopend it later. I would suggest that police will take the building and sell it to a new group so that you have to buy it back.
- I get no really advantage if I pay the politicans or police
- I would like to get more options to control those factions and give potential orders.
- Maybe get a police department building which I can attack in case the captain is not my best friend an I would like to have a good police friend.(Also with indoor fights or to get a gang member out of the department jail)
- a system with witness and proofs which the police detectives are collecting to get you in jail
- If I attack an area the police should be informed and after a certain amount of rounds a police patrol should arrive stop the conflict and potentially arrest everybody (Here a lawyer mechanic could be interessting to get you capos back).
- To have the option to attack the police building and see it inside like your shops, the same for a court

Missions:
So far the missions are a small story but honestly not relly challenging and some of them are boring because it is just a way to get a few bugs. But it is far more easy to just attack a building and plunder it, because there is no consequence if you do so.

User Interface & Animations & Atmosphere:
- If I can use the right click menue I would wish to have a button heal all if I have a doctor in my squad.
- For larger breweries I would prefer that I can build it only in buildings where I can pic it up with a truck and I would like to see that the Truck is delivering my goods to my sell points
- Please add more names we can choose from a random list, at least one name for all available building slots or the option that the name generator does not use already used names again.
- At the interface for the alkohol on the left side where I can see what ammounts and production I have for each alkohol I miss the name of the alkohol (no hover or even the name just the picture)

Economy:
What I am missing are:
- protection money extortion
- Horse races
- Boxing clubs
- Robbery at all (buildings / moneyhouses "sorry for that word but the spamfilter does not allow the right word")
- Money Laundering
- smuggleing (thief goods or others)
- Weapon modifications
- Car seller and Modder
- Burglary
- kidnapping
- Actually we have only different qualities of alkohol, First I would split it up between beer and liquor in different Qualities to diverse more the production and Economy
Second I would intoduce more different ressources such like other goods to hide the alcohol or pack it (e.g. Milk cans and milk which may could work together with the mechanik to hide alkohol if you get raided and furrther more like vegetables and so on).
- I miss Buildings where I can earn money without not lawful intention such like restaurants or clothes stores (clothes could be used to improve your protection equipment or offer better protection), malls etc.
- Money types

Thank you very much and stay save