• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan83

Corporal
2 Badges
Mar 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
I have just played a sandbox game with 4 AIs(max) on impossible and wanted to share some observations. First of all, the game is a lot of fun to play!

1. The "Treachery" negative attitude modifier just kept rising even though i didnt declear war on anyone. All it took was for the AI to attack me and i got more and more of the Treachery" modifier. So around turn 100 it was about -150 with most of the AIs. Not sure this is intented or not, but it help the AI dogpile me, which made it a bit harder.

2. The AI seemed to settler more cities faster than in previous games i´ve played, but still some of the AIs send settlers to their death.

3.I didnt get a Lord(hero unit) offered before turn 65. Not sure if this is due to the "impossible" difficulty, but this fact made the game a bit more challenging, but units is all you need ;)

4. AIs had plenty of Mana/Gold, but lacked alot of research, so i think a boost is needed here. Maybe just give them 5-10 research per city automatically.

5. Additional Worlds got completely stacked with elite units very fast and was impossible to take. At some point the harder units(dragons etc.) started to pop out of the portals left and right. It would be almost impossible for human players to take these Worlds without spending way to many resources on this. Its alot easier just to kill off the other AIs and win this way.

6. When an AI cast AOE spells on me, i get told to be more carefull with area of effect spells ? is this meant as a joke or is this a mistake ? :laugh:

Thats all for now, really looking forward to my next warlock 2 game!

1. Diplomacy has a lot of bugs and neither Paradox nor Inco ever answers our request for information about it.
2. The AI building settlers instead of a combat unit and sending the settle to fight is a known bug they are trying to fix
3. Hero offers seem to be streaky. I'll have games where I only get 1-2 the whole game and then games where I'll have 3 in the firtst 50 turns. Once the editor is out the fans will make a hero quest to fix this if its possible.
4. This has to do with the quality of the land the AI holds..they get free gold/mana from the difficulty level so they may not have good research nodes. AIs usually match me in research so its not a problem in my games
5. The monsters wont go out if you never go into their world. Otherwise those worlds are intended to be end game tough stuff with a mini-boss ruling each world utop a pile of treasure.
6. Known bug from warlock 1...didnt get fixed then..prob not going to get fixed this time either.

Uhh forgot this:

Would be nice with a function that push your units out of enemy territory when you declear war(to avoid exploiting this) or some diplomatic action from the AI, if you have many units in their lands.