Federations Now Available for Stellaris: Console Edition!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Expansion Pass Four, Federations, and the free 2.8 Update are Now Available for Stellaris: Console Edition!

In Federations, the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. Pass powerful Resolutions, form new Federation types, build a Mega Shipyard or Juggernaut, and choose from 8 new Origins.

The Ancient Relics Story Pack (coming 2021) adds new archaeology sites and powerful new relics to Stellaris: Console Edition, allowing you to uncover the history of the galaxy as never before. Excavate ruins left by ancient empires and discover Relic worlds long since abandoned.

With the Necroids Species Pack (coming 2021), sacrifice the living into your own undead likeness. A Necrophage is born at the moment of surrender when the living flesh fails and unlocks its true potential.

The free 2.8 Update adds Tiyanki and Space Amoeba home systems, new visuals for systems in nebulas, space storms, upgradable habitats, a host of bug fixes, as well as Quality of Life, performance, and multiplayer improvements.

Get Expansion Pass Four for Xbox and PlayStation Now!

Why is the console edition so far behind the PC version? Having to wait nearly a year to play what the PC world has had is really too long.

Why is the console edition so far behind the PC version? Having to wait nearly a year to play what the PC world has had is really too long.
Because the Console Edition was released nearly 3 years after the PC version, is made by a smaller team, and the PC version is still being updated. The fact that our version went from 3 DLCs to PC's 9, to 11 DLCs to PC's 13 (12 before the end of the year, or so the devs hope), shows how fast we are actually catching up. We are not in fact "so far" behind the PC version, we are a single DLC away nearly.

Are they working on expanding the play options to get closer to the PC? Any hope of a cross-play version or mods for console like Bethesda has for Skyrim and Fallout?
I can't remember where I've heard this, but while it's NOT official or a priority, they would like to add mod support and as far as I'm aware, it's not mechanically impossible. I think they said that they want to get console caught up with PC first before they even attempt it. I doubt we'll get crossplay but I haven't heard anything about that