• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Archael90

Field Marshal
18 Badges
Nov 30, 2017
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Majesty 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Hi all
I have a question for devs, and for community, who played stellaris federations already.
Despite the fact that federation consolidations should be a thing and allow to make one galaxy wide federation...

I wonder how to change default federation to something else, like trade league.

I mean i know how to perform that action, but i dont know how to convince other federation members even if they are megacorps, or merchant guilds.

P.S. if im in federation with megacorp... Do they lost ability to set branch offices? I cant make the trade pact to them...

Changing federation type seems to be impossible and bugged, even at 100 cohesion you have an invisible -50 malus to changing the federation.
fmZgfCU.jpg

Reactions:
I seems i have to throw everyone out the federation, and then rise a trade league xD

Reactions:
P.S. if im in federation with megacorp... Do they lost ability to set branch offices? I cant make the trade pact to them...
I thought you automatically got free commercial pacts in a federation, or at least used to. Should be fixed if not. Either way you should always have branch office access on fed teammates

Commercial pacts still work automatically when in a federation though you have to wait atleast 2 months before the game registers the trade value if you start as Hegemonic/Common ground origins. Wish the devs added the trade value generated from commercial pacts into the UI.

Yeah if you have a federation builder AI as an hegemonic subject you can disband the federation by kick+leave and reform as a trade league.
No, I cant do that, but i will try some methods (play on ironman), i just didnt wanted to make lot of small federations (because why? unions should be to consolidate as much empires as possile).
I thought you automatically got free commercial pacts in a federation, or at least used to. Should be fixed if not. Either way you should always have branch office access on fed teammates
Idk, but gospell of masses megacorp that is in my federation (im spiritualist) somehow dont want to place their branch office on my full of spirituals, full of trade value, trade oriented, ringworld.

Idk, but gospell of masses megacorp that is in my federation (im spiritualist) somehow dont want to place their branch office on my full of spirituals, full of trade value, trade oriented, ringworld.
Ah! That's not a federation problem. That is an AI problem.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Commercial pacts still work automatically when in a federation though you have to wait atleast 2 months before the game registers the trade value if you start as Hegemonic/Common ground origins. Wish the devs added the trade value generated from commercial pacts into the UI.
Shouldnt be the commerce pact shown in empire view? As i can see they have pacts with anyone except the federation members.
comerpact.jpg

Ah! That's not a federation problem. That is an AI problem.
Yeah, perhaps, thats why im asking, before "federations" i was just playing without any unions, so i dont know xD

No, I cant do that, but i will try some methods (play on ironman), i just didnt wanted to make lot of small federations (because why? unions should be to consolidate as much empires as possile).

Buy favors from the trade screen then use them on forming an trade league. Also Trade League gives all your commercial pacts 0.5 energy (bug, should be at 1 energy, check link) 0.25 consumer goods and 0.25 amneties per trade value even from empires that are not in your federation!

Changing federation type seems to be impossible and bugged, even at 100 cohesion you have an invisible -50 malus to changing the federation.

I don't think that's a malus, I think that's them indicating they would vote no. -50 seems to be the value they use for the "weight" of a no-vote in federations where everyone has equal voting power.

I don't think that's a malus, I think that's them indicating they would vote no. -50 seems to be the value they use for the "weight" of a no-vote in federations where everyone has equal voting power.
Yeah... but how to rise it? Federation cohesion can rise it by 30, megacorps has +20, so the sum is 0, you still cant change federation to trade league even if all members are megacorps... Or i lost some bonusses?

If I have read the code right, the AI have a +50 support to changing federation into a Hegemony if they're pathetic compared to you, and most federations have positive support for changing from a hegemony if you're very powerful compared to them, so you should be able to swap by getting much stronger than the rest of the federation, swapping into hegemony then swapping out.

This does require you to go Authoritarian (though you could switch your ethics around if you're willing to sink the 500 influence?) Be aware that each time you do this the cohesion will go down and the level will be reset to one, so there's a chance the thing will fall apart, but to be fair that's not unrealistic : P

Reactions:
Amazing, after all this time I never knew you could actually change the Federation Type lol, 1400 hours in the game I thought I was on top of everything xD