Federated Tribes and their silly donkeys

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Denolven

Recruit
8 Badges
May 18, 2021
  • Dungeonland
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
I'm playing as a federated tribes government, the Dahae. When I recruit levies, the fighting cohorts of each region are "split" between the clan chiefs and form as many armies per region as I have clan chiefs. BUT it looks like ALL the supply train cohorts are put into the big boss army, which means donkeys make up more than 1/3 of that army, while all the other clan chiefs get not a single one. I have big armies, so it's not about ratio. It literally looks like everything is split up but support trains aren't.

So my question is: i that a bug or a feature? Because no matter how hard I think about it, I see zero reason to design it that way, unless armies within the same territory share food, which they don't. Are clans supposed to fight defensively and near their borders only?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not having donkeys in your other armies makes them unfit for attacking in foreign lands as they will run out of food and start dying of attrition very fast.

You can only do it with your unit wih donkeys and once you have taken the province you can move the other troops in.

If it is not a bug, it is very annoying.

My own suggestion to the matter of tribes:
Thread 'Tribal Levies to Tribal Retinues'
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/tribal-levies-to-tribal-retinues.1532582/

Yeah the key problem of tribes is that they were designed to split forces based on tribes, but then the split of armies based on region further subdivided their forces.

Reactions: