Feature request: Could the "Claims" menu also display "claimed" (by other empires) systems?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
S

STyx2909

To my knowledge, there is no easy way to remember what are the claimed systems by adversaries. It would be great to have the "Claims" menu display both: ours and theirs.

Reactions:
It would also be great to be able to see what has been claimed by allies, too. I've run into a problem where I can't finish up a war because it would be taking unclaimed systems/planets and couldn't figure out which systems and planets it was referring to. Especially with planets, as it's hard to tell that there's an unoccupied planet that's in an occupied system.

Reactions:
The way to do this is to use the diplomacy map mode. When you open the claims menu, click on the empire whose claims you want to see. It will show you which systems they've claimed. This feature is super well hidden, I didn't know about it myself until I saw it in the Stellaris Facebook group.

Reactions:
The way to do this is to use the diplomacy map mode. When you open the claims menu, click on the empire whose claims you want to see. It will show you which systems they've claimed. This feature is super well hidden, I didn't know about it myself until I saw it in the Stellaris Facebook group.
Not sure if youve seen this yet but the claims screen will show the absolute strongest claimant (2 relative to my 1 claim, here), when you arent, too.
1638237339332.png

The tooltip, with the claims menu open, prints a list of all claims on a system, though IDK what happens if youve not made contact with an empire claiming a system
1638237759342.png

Thank you for the input guys. I still think gathering the "claims" in a single place is a good one.

One idea related to claims: ability to claim without notifying the owner at a higher cost (x1.5?). This could have success/failure based upon how important (expensive) the location is and be unveiled.
It would be also available to unveil it through current spying system.

Thank you for the input guys. I still think gathering the "claims" in a single place is a good one.
It certainly is. Might be even more useful as a mapmode though, where each system gets empire flags for claims next to the system button, also showing the number of claims. That way, we'd also have locality covered, and wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of unrelated systems.