Feature Idea: Upgrade prisoners to death row for committing capital felonies

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Menkerios

Sergeant
15 Badges
Mar 19, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Prisoners who murder staff (infant, lifers who murder anyone) realistically end up on death row.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2000/rpt/2000-R-0564.htm

Might be an interesting mechanic. Maybe just for killing staff or officers. Or maybe for killing other prisoners if the inmate already has a murder conviction.
This creates an interesting situation: if you build a small death row, you may be overbooked after a riot. Probably with some extra pressure to act, since you can't put them anywhere else (call from the mayor or CEO and a timer, maybe?) You're faced with having to expand or execute rapidly to make room, risking further unrest.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0

Menkerios

Sergeant
15 Badges
Mar 19, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
I think the ideal is someone who kills staff goes away (for trial), and has a chance of coming back to you for death row, or in max security with a 'cop killer' type reputation, or a small chance he gets off entirely, triggering a new event where all your staff is pissed off/ low morale for a certain amount of days.

Being able to put prisoners on death row could be a fun mutator, maybe balanced with a raise in temperature in the prison (like punishing a gang leader).

Oh, speaking of death row, I'd like some other options (injection, gas chamber, etc.) maybe with some mechanics built in to give them varying slim chances of 'botching' (perhaps connected with guard morale so they remember to wet the sponge!) resulting in a furious prison and/or protesters

Reactions:

Teh Dapper

Recruit
23 Badges
Feb 25, 2020
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
I agree that prisoners need to be able to become death row inmates. I had one particular prisoner, named Castillo, who murder 14 people. Only one or two of those were before he entered my prison. It was impossible to deal with him. I tried different methods of dealing with him, to no avail. A serial killer locked in solitary is still a serial killer. He refused to become an informant, so I couldn't kill him that way. My armed guard setups usually ended poorly for everyone but Castillo. A proper method of dealing with murderous inmates would be helpful.

Reactions: