• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't intend to be an ass, but how is Sudamerika coming along?

I know you're right.
I've planned a too big update in a moment of my RL where i can't spend too much time in coding ... but i hope to made a playable version soon ...

Anyway, at today i've made :
- USA : new paths interventionist or isolationist (to be completed)
- Central America : New mexican civil war, new chain about central america war
- South America : New chains about Colombia (Commie, Fascist or Democratic), new events about Venezuela, new Peru-Ecuador war (with possible Colombia and Venezuela involvement), big revision of Platinean War.

What remain to do ?
- Complete the isolationist path of US with intervention in Canada, Central and South America (to be deisgned).
- Accord all the new chains with the others (for i.e. a commie Colombia vs a fascist Argentina or a fascist Great Colombia vs US)
- Test and review ministers ...

For example, i've spend too much of time in the Rejkiavik peace talks chain (designed over the historical US-SOV peace talks but with US and Germany in OTL).
I could made a new release but would be incompleted and not tested.

I know you're right.
I've planned a too big update in a moment of my RL where i can't spend too much time in coding ... but i hope to made a playable version soon ...

Anyway, at today i've made :
- USA : new paths interventionist or isolationist (to be completed)
- Central America : New mexican civil war, new chain about central america war
- South America : New chains about Colombia (Commie, Fascist or Democratic), new events about Venezuela, new Peru-Ecuador war (with possible Colombia and Venezuela involvement), big revision of Platinean War.

What remain to do ?
- Complete the isolationist path of US with intervention in Canada, Central and South America (to be deisgned).
- Accord all the new chains with the others (for i.e. a commie Colombia vs a fascist Argentina or a fascist Great Colombia vs US)
- Test and review ministers ...

For example, i've spend too much of time in the Rejkiavik peace talks chain (designed over the historical US-SOV peace talks but with US and Germany in OTL).
I could made a new release but would be incompleted and not tested.

Thanks for the update!

Hey guys, just a small update about the future of Fatherland and about other projects still running on my mind.

# Fatherland
As i said, at today i can't spend too much time on the project ... essentialy 'cause i've made a really big update where there are too much variable to take in consideration. The event chains are really with a big complexity and now i haven't too much free time to spent in. If you want i can share my WIP version (but there are too much chain not completed and the gameplay is not guaranteed as i want).

But, at the same time, i'm working on two new small (sub)mod i hope to release soon ...

# The Fourth Power
After Germany in September 1940 entered a Tripartite pat with Japan and Italy, Ribbentrop wrote to Stalin, inviting Molotov to Berlin for negotiations aimed to create a 'continental bloc' of Germany, Italy, Japan and the USSR that would oppose Britain and the USA. Stalin sent Molotov to Berlin to negotiate the terms for the Soviet Union to join the Axis and potentially enjoy the spoils of the pact. in OTL, after negotiations during November 1940 on where to extend the USSR's sphere of influence, Hitler broke off talks and continued planning for the eventual attempts to invade the Soviet Union. In "The Fourth Power" the history will be more different ...

# 1980 - A NWO2 Submod
What if in the 1980 the tensions about West and East rising until the war ?
Starting from the 1980 scenario of NWO2, "1980 - A NWO2 Submod" will be a "hot" cold war mod ... and yes the war will be start as a conventional war but you will be take the MAD decision.

Stay tuned !
Pako

Hey guys, just a small update about the future of Fatherland and about other projects still running on my mind.

# Fatherland
As i said, at today i can't spend too much time on the project ... essentialy 'cause i've made a really big update where there are too much variable to take in consideration. The event chains are really with a big complexity and now i haven't too much free time to spent in. If you want i can share my WIP version (but there are too much chain not completed and the gameplay is not guaranteed as i want).

But, at the same time, i'm working on two new small (sub)mod i hope to release soon ...
WiP version could be useful if you plan to mobilize more people to help on mod.
# The Fourth Power
After Germany in September 1940 entered a Tripartite pat with Japan and Italy, Ribbentrop wrote to Stalin, inviting Molotov to Berlin for negotiations aimed to create a 'continental bloc' of Germany, Italy, Japan and the USSR that would oppose Britain and the USA. Stalin sent Molotov to Berlin to negotiate the terms for the Soviet Union to join the Axis and potentially enjoy the spoils of the pact. in OTL, after negotiations during November 1940 on where to extend the USSR's sphere of influence, Hitler broke off talks and continued planning for the eventual attempts to invade the Soviet Union. In "The Fourth Power" the history will be more different ...
Great idea,
Which is the starting year that you plan.
# 1980 - A NWO2 Submod
Starting from the 1980 scenario of NWO2, "1980 - A NWO2 Submod" will be a "hot" cold war mod ... and yes the war will be start as a conventional war but you will be take the MAD decision.
I was always asking myself, why does nobody chose to make such mod. Great move.

# Fatherland

# The Fourth Power

# 1980 - A NWO2 Submod

Stay tuned !
Pako

F. A. N. T. A. S. T. I. C

You can always integrate events from Thunder for 60s-80s era. I'll never ask for credits

# Fatherland

# The Fourth Power

# 1980 - A NWO2 Submod

Stay tuned !
Pako

Oh wow these submods could be awesome...Soviets joining the Axis in 1940 has always been an interesting scenario to me because of the potential of a fairly crazy Cold War scenario with possibly more players. Is this submod going to be about said Cold War or is it regular WW2 but with Soviets in the Axis? Either way I'm excited so see what you do with this :)

Looking forward to the 1980 submod too...and of course Fatherland, keep up the great work! :)

When is the death of Hitler event supposed to happen? I can see from the event files that a lot of events, especially colonisation events in the East (and Barbarossa II) depend on the hitlerdead flag set. In my game it is almost end of 1950 and Hitler is still alive.

When is the death of Hitler event supposed to happen? I can see from the event files that a lot of events, especially colonisation events in the East (and Barbarossa II) depend on the hitlerdead flag set. In my game it is almost end of 1950 and Hitler is still alive.

Taking a peep in the event files, it looks like it's basically random, happening any time between 1948 and 1960. There should be an event about his illness that sets the whole event chain off.

Well the first event in the chain triggers like this:

event = { ### Hitler Bedridden
id = 90000500
country = GER
random = no
style = 2
picture = "Hitler_Turkey"

trigger = {
OR = {
AND = { random = 3 year = 1950 }
AND = { random = 5 year = 1951 }
AND = { random = 7 year = 1952 }
AND = { random = 10 year = 1953 }
year = 1954
}
NOT = {
OR = {
war = { country = GER country = ENG }
war = { country = GER country = USA }
war = { country = GER country = SOV }
war = { country = GER country = ITA }
}
}
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1948 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1999 }

So appearently it should trigger 1954 latest???? what does the random numbers mean?

So we'll dissect this step by step:

Code:
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1948 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1999 }

This means that, starting on 2 January 1948 (DH dates count up from "0" in the code), the game checks the trigger conditions for the event every 30 days ("offset = 30") until 2 January 1999.

Code:
OR = {
year = 1954
}

This means:
  • After 1 January 1950, the event has a 3% chance of triggering whenever the trigger conditions are checked.
  • After 1 January 1951, that chance bumps up to 5%.
  • After 1 January 1952, ...to 7%.
  • After 1 January 1953, ..to 10%.
  • After 1 January 1954, if by some chance the event hasn't fired yet, it is guaranteed to fire.
Code:
NOT = {
OR = {
}
}

Also, Germany can't already be involved in a war with the United Kingdom, the United States, the Soviet Union, or Italy. If they're at war with any of these nations, the trigger condition check fails automatically.

For future reference, the "event commands.txt" file in the Modding Documentation folder in your DH install folder is a great reference, together with the Eventmaking Guide. Between the two of them, they explain quite a bit.

Where can I get the icon of the tech "Helicopter Design (rt_user_1)" and "Espionage (rt_user_2)" ? And which file should I put them?

Is there anyway save Hitler life from the death ?

In fact, no. Only in the hypotesis of permanent war (by the way not scripted).
This is the event trigger :

Code:
event = { ### Hitler Bedridden

trigger = {
        OR = {
            year = 1954
        }
        NOT = {
            OR = {
            }
        }
    }

Last edited:
Where can I get the icon of the tech "Helicopter Design (rt_user_1)" and "Espionage (rt_user_2)" ? And which file should I put them?

I've take a look but i don't known where the icons are ... could be hardcoded ?
Anyway, in the next version i'll could remove the rt_user_1 and rt_user_2 techs.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
It seems be that event trigger of releasing Japanese puppet is missing.
Eventid 8007815 needs the flag of cold_war_pacific but I couldn't find the event of setting this flag.

Thank you, i'd take a look ... will be fixed in the next version.
If you want, you can add a comment # at that lines.