• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, Hitler was certainly slavophobic, although Bormann was more than him and some his opinions influenced Hitler in the matter. And Gukpa, it's not polite to lecture people when they aren't wrong.

On a other case, as I said before, Germany failed to colonize even small pieces of land in Poland. Nothing suggets that they would succed in a much more larger scale like Russia. I think that for sake of realism, the game should began with the Reichskomissariat, then certain events should fire to the player, regarding the failed tries of colonization, so the player may reavail his police. Examples of policies I gave above, as many other players.

I can assure you,if Hitler really hate Slavs,he never will allow them to join Wehrmacht

(p.s. you are Brazilian? HI :D )

Can we all calm down, and keep this thread tidied of those 'forbidden' subjects? :rolleyes:

I want to be clear about the stance towards Russia(ns) in our mod 'Fatherland' In the beginning of the game, in the Hitler-Germany, Russia will be very very bad of: It's border areas with the Reich are controlled by the harsh RK's Ukraine and Ostland, while the border areas with the Soviet Union are under German direct control. There is no possibility of a 'Russian State' being born here; The only autonomy in this game is the limited 'Lokot Republic' and the weak Cossack State in the south. The Russian areas are slated for colonisation, but in 1948 it's already clear it's a project bound to fail, except for the most hardcore Nazi's: Poland and some small parts of Ostland and Ukraine get colonized, but nothing more.

Only if Hitler was to die then, depending on his succesor, a reorganisation of the East can be implemented, with possibility of regional autonomy for different ethnicies, a big Russian State, et cetera.

Very awesome mod. Nice work, guys.

The only beef I'd have is Germany's decision to give Romania the Serbian Banat. Romania requested that the Serbian Banat be ceded to it in 1941, after Yugoslavia was crushed. Germany didn't agree because the area served as an important economic hub (Germany planned to build some hydroelectric facility there, and the Danube and its vital trade route flows there as well). I doubt Germany, after giving Romania a lot of territory in the East already, would agree to giving Romania extra territory in Serbia, especially given its economic importance, even if it makes sense ethno-historically. But it's a great scenario anyway.

Edit: Also, another thing about Romania. According to intel, Hungary has 2 armored divisions while Romania has none. I don't wanna wave flags or anything, but that seems kinda' unfair given Romania's dedication on the Eastern Front.

Last edited:

The only beef I'd have is Germany's decision to give Romania the Serbian Banat. Romania requested that the Serbian Banat be ceded to it in 1941, after Yugoslavia was crushed. Germany didn't agree because the area served as an important economic hub (Germany planned to build some hydroelectric facility there, and the Danube and its vital trade route flows there as well). I doubt Germany, after giving Romania a lot of territory in the East already, would agree to giving Romania extra territory in Serbia, especially given its economic importance, even if it makes sense ethno-historically. But it's a great scenario anyway.

Edit: Also, another thing about Romania. According to intel, Hungary has 2 armored divisions while Romania has none. I don't wanna wave flags or anything, but that seems kinda' unfair given Romania's dedication on the Eastern Front.
First of all, thanks! :)

All chains involving transfering/integrating of land (Generalplan West/Ost, Banat) will be slightly changed with the next Beta, but you're remarks are certainly valuable for improving them! It seems you are well read on some subjects relevant to our mod, so if I may, can I ask you some questions?

1) Do you have more information regarding German (economic) plans for the Banat region?
2) What would be a likely OOB for Romania (and/or Hungary)?

Thanks,
Tonie

If this mod does go forward, Gupka shouldn't be part of it, since he seems to be a Nazi fanboy and could attract some very bad press.

Well, Gupka is not part of the team in any ways. Like everyone he can make suggestions, (and we really want ideas and contributions!) but we won't implement all the suggestions made. For exemple, I find his maps ridiculous, I even doubt he played the mod because our starting situation and the events already implemented make very clear that what he propose is not possible. The map he propose for a 'weak' Russia is already much larger than what I propose, as one of the modder myself. Howewer I'm not alone, and we take decision together, so we will see.
I must also say that I'm not sure he is a nazi fanboy or a troll. For exemple, his number (200 russians in the Werhmarcht), is a contradiction and deserve him. There was much more, in fact:
- about 11 000 in the Russian Corps
- between 20,000 and 45,000 in the Russian Liberation Army
- about 12,000 in the Kaminski Brigade
(of course there was a lot of defections ect and these numbers are theoretical)
Howewer, the nazi leadership of course consider slavs as untermenschen and won't allow a true Russian state. That's why we only have a small 4 province puppet, the Lokot Republic, in game. It can be expanded but not by much.
Our plans, are to, after the death of Hitler (depending on who take the power) or/and there is WW3, give Germany the ability to form a kind of puppet Russia, wich would be small and powerless (but allow to delegate anti-partisan duty and formation of cannon fodder). In game term, I repeat something like militia only for the Lokot, + infantry/cavalery if expanded in Russia.

@WarHawk109 I understand very well your problem with a Vlassovist state, I share some of you thoughts. Howewer, if there is a change of leadership in Germany and the overall situation was bad, perhaps it could be possible? In what conditions do you think it is? You point of view interest me.

@KaiserBeer Thanks for your input! We are leaning toward this kind of solution.
And yes, the colonisations plans in the East, are bound to fail, it is not really implemented yet but we will review the entire Ost Plan in the next beta, it will be costly in term of supplies and manpower, without real gains, except in Poland, Crimea and part of RK Ostland and perhaps Ukraine, as Tonie said.

Thanks for the kind words :happy:
On the Banat, my opinion on the subject when I made those events were that after 7 years of anti-partisans fighting in ex-Yugoslavia, Germany would be tired and ready to give up some territories that they could not pacify (moreover they are short of settlers and there is better to colonize elsewhere). That's also why they can give more autonomy to the Serbian State and release a puppet.
But we are thinking that perhaps that decision could be made by Hitler's successor.

I'm Too,sorry to be so uneducated,you are correct about Hitler...
-Image-
Could you avoid to post large pics like this? It would be great if you edited it.

I'd suggest a 75% chance or higher under Beck leadership, and very remote chance under Nazi leadership (perhaps 5-10%) for forming Vlassovist state. Under Beck it could be formed as peacetime occupation policy, with some more provinces, while keeping border provinces under military control. Under Nazi leadership, it should only be formed if at war with the Soviets, and loss of provinces, and should only encompass Lokot Republic, and perhaps a few more provinces, whilst keeping most of the area under miltary control. Of course if there is a second victory in the east they can be given war spoils beyond the urals, but there should always be a military presence in the Moscow region IMO. Thoughts?

1) Do you have more information regarding German (economic) plans for the Banat region?
Regarding question 1, I'll quote from a very good book on wartime Romania that I've been reading:

Hitler's Forgotten Ally: Ion Antonescu and His Regime said:
Antonescu’s position changed, however, when he learned of the decision
taken by Ribbentrop and Ciano at the Vienna Conference of 20–22 April to
divide up Yugoslavia. On 23 April, he sent a memorandum to the German
and Italian governments stating that, while Romania had not hitherto
sought territorial expansion at the expense of Yugoslavia, the concessions
made to Hungary and Bulgaria had changed the situation. He demanded the
cession of the Yugoslav Banat to Romania and the creation of a free Macedonia
with autonomy for the Romanians living in the Timok and Vardar
valleys. But Hitler had other plans for these regions. While the western
Banat had been promised to Hungary, the area around the Iron Gates defile
of the Danube was to be the site of a huge hydroelectric power station – the
brainchild of Dr Neubacher – which would provide electricity to the
surrounding states which would control the site. Nothing came of the
scheme at the time.47 Although Hitler’s promise to the Hungarians that they
would receive the Serbian Banat was never withdrawn, the German Foreign
Ministry’s line in response to Romanian enquiries regarding the future of
the region was that ‘the fate of areas belonging to Yugoslavia will not be
settled until the conclusion of peace’.48

That, plus the flow of oil from Romania through the Danube were the primary reasons for Hitler keeping Petrovgrad under German occupation.

What would make far more sense for Romania, however, is if it received the province Bor instead of Petrovgrad, as that is where most Romanians in Serbia reside (eg. the Timok Valley). http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaEthno/maps/srbja2.gif

However, it is entirely possible that Germany is aware of Romania's war effort and it would agree to give it either the Banat or Bor. Especially since that hydroelectric plant was a total fail during the war and Romania would be considered a trusty ally to control that region. So yeah, in retrospect, giving Petrovgrad to Romania could be possible.

Ticket Cookie said:
On the Banat, my opinion on the subject when I made those events were that after 7 years of anti-partisans fighting in ex-Yugoslavia, Germany would be tired and ready to give up some territories that they could not pacify (moreover they are short of settlers and there is better to colonize elsewhere). That's also why they can give more autonomy to the Serbian State and release a puppet.
But we are thinking that perhaps that decision could be made by Hitler's successor.
I believe that, even with the National Government of Salvation, Serbia would still be a place of increased tension. I think even a Croatian-Serbian War could happen, even though that would mean almost certain defeat for Serbia at the hands of the more numerous Croatian forces.

Haydn said:
But the Banat region had like 40% Germans, maybe even more. I don't remember the exact numbers right now.
Exactly. Which is why I suggest giving Romania Bor instead of Petrovgrad.

Last edited:
If this mod does go forward, Gupka shouldn't be part of it, since he seems to be a Nazi fanboy and could attract some very bad press.

I'm really get offended with This,I'm not a nazi fanboy :angry:

Don't let yourself get provoked so easily man. Just ignore useless posts.

Ok,I must lower my revolt risk :p

tank_party_thank_you_card-p137631411767079610b7ug0_400.jpg

Sorry, forgot about this question.

Well, a far more armored focus, for starters. Both countries would be privy to German supply of panzers, just that Romania would be even more crazy about them due to the Blitzkrieg that they intend to unleash over Hungary (and the shape of Northern Transylvania is perfect for it). So both countries should already have the Armored Division doctrine researched.

It would also make sense if Romania garrisoned its eastern borders, while concentrating much of its troops in Transylvania, and say 1 or 2 divisions in Constanta to fend off a possible Bulgarian offensive.

As for Hungary, it should have a strong presence in Transylvania to prevent it from being cut off by the Romanian blitzkrieg attack. Garrisoned and Mountain troops should do it. And also station some troops along the old Hungarian-Romanian border to defend against Romanian attacks into Hungary proper.

What are the actual plans for Crimean Peninsula?