• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well ... these are your (respectable) opinion but we've made our decision time ago ... and now, i'm the owner and only developer of Fatherland, so at this time, the core of the mod will not be changed.
I try (and it's really hard to meet the effort with my RL) to made some improvements and bugfix for the next version in my free time and it's yet really difficult.

So far I've played as National China and Italy, but I keep getting events from the WWII era (like the Italian frogmen and poor performance of 1940 tanks). Did I screw up the installation or has this just not been fixed yet?

So far I've played as National China and Italy, but I keep getting events from the WWII era (like the Italian frogmen and poor performance of 1940 tanks). Did I screw up the installation or has this just not been fixed yet?

No, it's WAD.
Are events re-used who need to be fixed.

Hi great mod i love it but i have couple of questions.
1.Is it possible for ww3 to start in 60s
The current Year in my game is 1958 and the only wars that seem to be happening are indonesia vs netherlands and mexican civil war is it possible for ww3 to happen now? almost all events that had (possible ww3)) everytime allies backed down or didnt do anything.Also it could be ww3 is not starting since im Imperial Russia and soviet and every other ex soviet state which isnt a german puppet is controled by me.

2.How many events are there for Imperial Russia? I think my game is kinda bugged when soviets invaded Turkestan they won 6-12 months passed i cant remember exact date but it was between 1949-1950 during that time Soviets attacked everybody the facists in vladivostok,Siberia and they attacked me Imperial Russia the war lasted around 2 years and soviets lost after i captured almost all of their territory with Victory Points except one province which was captured by Siberia i annexed them.immediately after the annexation an event fired up about Soviets capturing Turkestan and how i should ally with Siberia or not i picked no and war started which im pretty sure always happens i won the war and after some time i invaded facisist in vladivostok and i got all russian teritory there were no events about anything except about victory against Siberia.So how many events are there for Imperial russia im not sure since i think my game is bugged.

3.How long can you play when i go to research menu i see some researchs for 90s and for year 2000! at what year does the game end?

Also im a noob and this was my first game in this mod and it isnt finished yet so sorry if some questions dont make sense.

I am having trouble downloading this mod. I have it downloaded to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods) I took a screenshot of the file. The red blotch is my attempt to cover up a certainty symbol.
upload_2019-5-9_15-18-47.png

It is also not coming up in the launcher because under the "load a mod" tab I have the options of;

(none)
ai
config
Darkest Hour Full
Darkest Hour Light
db
gfx
scenarios

Can you show me a step by step instruction of how to download and install this mod? I have never done this before. I normally get all of my mods of steam were all I have to do is hit the "subscribe" button and it downloads and installs the mod for me.

It's really simple. From this place you're in you just have to creat Fatherland folder in Darkest Hour/Mods folder, and then copy all files you have in mods folder (except Darkest Hour Full and Darkest Hour Light) to this new Fatherland folder.

It works. Thank you. One last question. Is this what I have to do for every Darkest Hour mod like lets say I wanted to download the New World Order 2 mod?

I think I might have found a bug. When WW3 starts Communist China switches sides from being allied with the USSR to the UN. I found it a little strange seeing how there would be a conflict of ideologies. Also, the Soviets annexed them and then when they released them the same thing happened.

Hi Pokotorino,

Question regarding the mod files. I've been attempting to change the flag of Scandinavia. I've changed flag/shield files to my own designs many times with no trouble, and have done so for other nations in my current Fatherland save even. But Scandinavia's flag in-game is not updating even though I've overwrited the flag and shield file. Unsure why. I also attempted to change Scandinavia's map colour and that hasn't updated in-game either. I'm unsure why, when the changes I've made to other nations show up just fine.

Is U45 the correct country code for German-puppet Scandinavia? Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi Pokotorino,

Question regarding the mod files. I've been attempting to change the flag of Scandinavia. I've changed flag/shield files to my own designs many times with no trouble, and have done so for other nations in my current Fatherland save even. But Scandinavia's flag in-game is not updating even though I've overwrited the flag and shield file. Unsure why. I also attempted to change Scandinavia's map colour and that hasn't updated in-game either. I'm unsure why, when the changes I've made to other nations show up just fine.

Is U45 the correct country code for German-puppet Scandinavia? Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

What about tag "SCA" ?
SCA - tag for Scandinavia
U45 - tag for RK Norwegien (Norway under German administration)

Next question, why does France automatically rejoin my alliance as soon as I ban them? It's screwing with the war event after they declare the peace treaty void. The event can't start the war if we're allied, even if I can select the 'this means war' option.

EDIT: May be related to what this user wrote?

The Vichy French events leading to the annulation of the armitice of Compiegne should really check whether FRA is a puppet or not (can happen right after the death of Petain)... I'm having a rather ridiculous situation as a consequence here atm.

copy pasting this:
NOT = {
ispuppet = FRA
alliance = { country = GER country = FRA}
}

under each decision and trigger in question should suffice.

Last edited:
Hey guys, some news on Fatherland.
I'm working on a new version, which called "Amerika" with a focus on the american continent.
I've yet made new events and chains for South and Central America but now i'm blocked with US.
Any suggestion about possible alternative path for US in the Fatherland world ? I need also alternative cabinets. At today US is designed to be the main competitor of Germany.