• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found a bug, as the USSR i joined china to defeat the KMT. We eventually won the war and the KMT retreated to Taiwan. However we are still at war. This breaks the game because i found that certain events require you to be at peace.

I think could be a bug, I'll take a look, thank you.

I've noticed an issue and I'm not sure if this is intended or not. I'm playing as Germany, and went to war with Italy after Operation OAK. Didn't take me long to crush the Italians and I puppeted 3 new states. However the forces I had in Italian peninsula went to my new puppet Italy. Almost 40 divisions are now Italian divisions. Could this be a bug?

It's not WAD, it's a bug.
If you want to solve the problem for your gameplay, you need to modify in "italy_new.txt" the line 1172
Code:
        command = { type = independence which = RSI value = 1 when = 0 }
with this one
Code:
        command = { type = independence which = RSI  }
And then reload your save.
I think this could solve the problem.

Hello, pakotorino!

I just want to say that I really appreciate your work here - Fatherland is simply one of my favourite DH mods!
One thing that I have noticed in Beta 9 as well as 8 is that you lack a proper event chain for UN victory in Europe. You have the one from NWO, but it doesn't work well, not to mention that it almost never takes place. Why? There are three triggers ( except for Germany losing VP and most important cities ):
- GER isn't at war with SOV ( it states "there's another peace event chain", yet it's not the case in Fatherland )
- No "WW3" flag
- No "Cold War" flag.

I have decided to make German surrender actually possible to trigger, as well as adjusted many things. Some of them include:
- Now the whole Axis surrender when Germany does, instead of only Italy and some random states;
- UN countries no longer secede conquered territories to UK, but to USA instead;
- Now USA releases the countries instead of UK;
- Now all the released countries become either American puppets ( former Axis ) or join UN;
- Fixed some provinces staying in American/British possesion instead of being given away to countries that have cores on them, such as Tiraspol, Dobrich etc. ( it still might happen here, but gets fixed after a few days );
- More plausible borders - former Axis members now lose territories to their victims, if they have cores on them ( Italy to Yugoslavia & Austria, Germany to Poland and France, Finland to Sweden etc. );
- Prevented the situation where France is released and Free France still exists in Africa from occuring;
- Now Allied Occupation Zone is released instead of Federal Republic of Germany;
- Russian territories are given to USSR instead of staying in American/British possession;
- Caucasus countries now also get released.

I am uploading my little fix here for you to review. You can use it in the next release, I give you the full right to do that and also modify it further if you feel the need to. It contains two files:
- WWIII_UN_victory_Europe.txt from db/events/Fatherland/POST_WW3
- revolt.txt from /db

If you want to test it out, just simply make an event that lets you annex Germany or when WW3 happens, Germany will surrender when they lose Berlin, Cologne, Munich, Essen, Vienna, Moscow, Paris and at least 30 national VP.

Thank you for creating this mod and I hope I could help!

Attachments

• Improved UN victory in Europe.zip
    132,8 KB · Views: 43
@Raczkiewicz thank you so much, I really appreciated your effort and I really want to test your work. The UN Victory in WW3 was in the backlog of activities but I never had the time to complete the revision. I think you've done a really great job. I'll check it out and then, with credits obviously, I'll add in the next release of Fatherland.

@pakotorino , it's really great to hear that you appreciate my work! Thank you very much, and I am looking forward to seeing my contribution being implemented in Fatherland.

If you have any suggestions or issues, feel free to share them with me, either here or via PM. I am willing to revise my work, if needed!

I think could be a bug, I'll take a look, thank you.

It's not WAD, it's a bug.
If you want to solve the problem for your gameplay, you need to modify in "italy_new.txt" the line 1172
Code:
        command = { type = independence which = RSI value = 1 when = 0 }
with this one
Code:
        command = { type = independence which = RSI  }
And then reload your save.
I think this could solve the problem.
I tried this, made me crash to the desktop.

Just a question, I've downloaded the newest version but when I start a new game I get a notification about 100 mistakes within the scenario files. I just unpacked the a archive into the mods folder like described. Is this normal?

Just a question, I've downloaded the newest version but when I start a new game I get a notification about 100 mistakes within the scenario files. I just unpacked the a archive into the mods folder like described. Is this normal?
It's not normal.
And you've installed correctly.
I think you've got the extra debug logs enabled in the settings.cfg

Welcome again, @pakotorino !

So, lately I've been working even more on the UN victory chain, and after a lot of bugfixing I have managed to create something I think you will appreciate. It's quite literally the "ultimate" edition, as it now also supports the Soviet Union, making the scenarios such as joint UN-Soviet controlled Europe, complete UN or Soviet victory possible!

Once again, feel free to check out, change/improve/revise it if needed and add it to the next release - you have my blessing to do so. I've made a lot of changes, but I'll try to explain some of them here:
- The liberation of Europe now progresses a bit more smoothly, also the proper borders should be present from the beggining of the chain, instead of not being corrected until the last event ( territorial changes ),
- Separate event chain for the Soviet Union, which is fully compatible with the UN one, allowing a divided Europe or a fully UN/Soviet controlled one,
- Included all the possible fascist puppets in the annexation event,
- Nationalist Spain, Wallonia, Flanders, Reichskommissariat Belgien-Nordfrankreich and Reichskommissariat Niederlande will always try to capitulate to the UN instead of the Soviets. That is only possible if USSR doesn't control their capitals, though,
- USSR creates their own puppets and world order, which is influenced by the UN - if the Germany is divided then they'll be pressured into not annexing territories of Czechoslovakia, keeping Lvov in Poland and compensating them more for the loss of Kresy. If USSR fully controls Germany though, they have a free hand in Eastern Europe. However, Soviet Union will still have to return the French territories to Free France - they can only release a communist France if Free France doesn't exist,
- Spanish colonies are annexed by the Free France now if they capitulate,
- Fixed the liberation of Iceland and Greenland - Denmark will now be given the correct province ( Greenland ) and Iceland will be released,
- USA, Canada, UK etc. will be now released if they don't exist after the German capitulation, so the event chain can trigger properly,
- If USSR doesn't exist, UN will release the Russian Federation,
- Cossack Federation is also included in the chain, and USSR will get their parts of Caucasus if they capitulate,
- Added a lot of new events made to prevent bugs and ugly borders from occuring,
- Overhauled the UN victory chain.

I will upload it here, all you have to do is to replace WWIII_UN_victory_Europe.txt and watch the magic unfold. Waiting for your opinion on that! I hope that my contribution will be useful to you and your awesome mod.

Thank you for creating this mod and I hope I could help!

Attachments

• UN + SOV Victory.zip
    102 KB · Views: 44
@Raczkiewicz you really have made a great job!
Really awesome ... I think you've completed the post ww3 peace events revision task.
I really want to say "Thank You" for your effort and also for the quality of your work; I've taken a look and your events are really well formed.
I'll try into the mod as soon as possible (in these days I'm on vacation).
If you want to make some others improvements, feel free to make it! Anyway, your works will be in the next release of Fatherland for sure (with credits, obviously !)

And here we go, one more time!

This is ( I think ) the very final version of my event chain. I have been meddling with it for a pretty long time and I've come to a point where I cannot catch any bugs anymore, so I think this is ready to go! Fixed any bugs I could find, added many new features, improved the events... Check it out yourself, @pakotorino ! Once you come back from vacation, of course!

I cannot really remember all the new features and fixes - it has EVERYTHING, pretty much everything I could think of - unless there are some suggestions!
What I do remember:
- Added support for the remaining European countries: Portugal, UK and Ireland plus improved France
- If Portugal is in the Axis, they capitulate and depending on who controls their capitals, either become a democratic republic or a Soviet puppet. They lose their colonies yet keep some islands such as Azores etc.
- If at the moment of German capitulation UK doesn't exist/had its mainland controlled by Germany, it can either be given back to them ( if someone from UN capitulated the Axis ) or a communist regime can be installed there ( USSR ). If UK exists when it happens, they will demand their mainland back from the Soviet Union. AI will accept, being unable to risk war with the UN after an exhausting war with Germany. Player, however, can refuse and keep their communist English Republic at the cost of worsened relations with UN, embargos and maybe possible WW4 in the future. If UK got annexed and is revived by USSR in the form of English Republic, they lose all their colonies.
- Ireland is pretty straightforward - they regain independence if they lost it for some reason ( joined the Axis/got conquered by the Axis ); either as an independent country allied with UN or a Soviet puppet.
- USSR can now have puppets in Spain, France and Benelux countries. They need to be controlling the capital of the respective country ( Madrid, Paris etc. ), otherwise it goes to UN. Free France ( just like UK ) will demand its mainland back from the USSR, a demand that AI USSR will accept.
- Revised the event chains in general.
- Changed the colour of Allied Occupation Zone ( it had the same colour as Austria before, making it quite confusing )
- UK/English Republic will now have claims on their colonies so they can be either given back to them ( restored by UN ) or taken away ( restored by USSR ).
- Instead of creating a new country, UN will give the mainland Netherlands to the government-in-exile to them. Since the exiled government starts the game in a war with Indonesia, this war will be forced to an end when the German capitulation event chain takes place - I did it to prevent Netherlands from dragging the whole UN into a pointless war.
- Made sure countries have correct capitals ( Lithuania - Wilno, USSR - Moscow, German Occupation Zones - dependent on how many cities they own etc. )
- Repurporsed Saar Protectorate - it can now become Polish Occupation Zone if the player wishes to create one via "Settle down territorial disputes" event ( if they are in UN, of course ).
- New feature for both USSR and UN - "Settle down territorial disputes". After the event chain, country that belongs to one of the blocks and is controlled by a player can solve some territorial disputes between the newly created countries, and therefore alter the final borders a bit.
- "Change of government" events now fire up properly for every newly released nation.
- Forced the events to go in a certain order:
1. UN/Comintern members give everything they got from the Axis to USA/USSR, respectively.
2. USA liberates nations. ( skipped if USA doesn't exist )
3. USSR liberates nations. ( skipped if USSR doesn't exist )
4. Territorial exchanges - USA.
5. Territorial exchanges - USSR.
This is done so to prevent any bugs from occuring, and also to prevent situation like UK conquering whole Axis-controlled Europe and not giving it to USA ( thus making it impossible to liberate Europe ).
- USSR is already prevented from annexing some of the Polish/Czechoslovak territories if UN controls at least a part of Germany ( otherwise, USSR has a free hand and can take stuff such as Carpathia or Lviv ). Additionally, Soviets are forced to let Finland keep its pre-war borders if Sweden and/or Norway is controlled by/allied with the UN.
- Now player-controlled country cannot get annexed by any event from the chain, even if they are allied with Germany when they capitulate.
- If USSR doesn't exist, UN will release Russian Federation if they happen to control any Russian territory. Russian Federation gets all the cores of pre-WW2 USSR except for Baltic States, Ukraine and Belarus.
- USA has the possibility to restore USSR to their pre-WW2 borders ( with some alterations possible, of course ). AI will refuse to do it, but player can if they are trying to ally USSR or just wish to co-operate with them.
- Better flag for Poland ( the vanilla one looks weird ), also added flags for Saar Protectorate as the Polish Occupation Zone and Russian Federation.
- Tons of improvements and fixes.
- Much more!

In addition to that, I am attaching my heavily modified cheats tool. It's optional, yet useful to test my event. Enjoy my contribution and as always - feel free to add it to this mod!
Also, thank you for the good words, @JJMerrill ! I hope you will enjoy my work once it's added to this mod!
If you have any suggestions or found any bugs, please contact me!

Attachments

• Final Version - UN SOV Victory.zip
    976,3 KB · Views: 40
And here we go, one more time!

This is ( I think ) the very final version of my event chain. I have been meddling with it for a pretty long time and I've come to a point where I cannot catch any bugs anymore, so I think this is ready to go! Fixed any bugs I could find, added many new features, improved the events... Check it out yourself, @pakotorino ! Once you come back from vacation, of course!

[....]

@RaczkiewiczI'm really surprised!
You've made a great job! I hope you can take all my regards for your work.
I'll sure add for your chains in the next DLC release.
I'm back today from my holidays and you've made me a nice gift! Thank you.

Anyway, in my holidays I've made some improvements for Fatherland, I think I'll do a DLC release soon in the next weeks. I'll send you also a PM.

I would like to proposal, how about making the Siberian Democratic Republic a state that has not yet been independence in start of the scenario.

Instead,
①Siberia shall be the territory of the Soviet Union in start of the scenario.
② When the Soviet Union chooses purge at the purge event, politicians and soldiers who were subject to purge start rebellion.
③ As a result of the rebellion, the Siberian Democratic Republic is established by the politicians and soldiers who were subject to purge.
How about adding an event like the one above?

@pakotorino

I would like to proposal, how about making the Siberian Democratic Republic a state that has not yet been independence in start of the scenario.

Instead,
①Siberia shall be the territory of the Soviet Union in start of the scenario.
② When the Soviet Union chooses purge at the purge event, politicians and soldiers who were subject to purge start rebellion.
③ As a result of the rebellion, the Siberian Democratic Republic is established by the politicians and soldiers who were subject to purge.
How about adding an event like the one above?

@pakotorino
Wouldn't that boost the URSS too much against Turkestan? Wouldn't that make it impossible for the Axis to win that intervention?

Wouldn't that boost the URSS too much against Turkestan? Wouldn't that make it impossible for the Axis to win that intervention?
it is already nearly impossible to win the intervention.